Author Topic: Car-Less (MG Content)  (Read 1660 times)

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
Car-Less (MG Content)
« on: May 27, 2015, 12:01:09 PM »
Last night, my wife and I traded in our 2007 BMW 750Li and 2009 Chevy Silverado 4x4 on a new Chevy Silverado 4x4. (My wife is from Texas and will only drive a pickup truck!) For now, I am car-less and am "reduced" to riding my Norge (or walking, or hitching a ride, or begging to use my wife's truck, or...). Actually, the BMW sat mostly idle since I got the Norge.

I haven't been car-less for decades! It actually feels freeing. Of course, now that I am able, I plan to get another motorcycle in a few months (probably a V7 II Racer or Stone).
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Car-Less (MG Content)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 12:48:32 PM »
Last night, my wife and I traded in our 2007 BMW 750Li and 2009 Chevy Silverado 4x4 on a new Chevy Silverado 4x4. (My wife is from Texas and will only drive a pickup truck!) For now, I am car-less and am "reduced" to riding my Norge (or walking, or hitching a ride, or begging to use my wife's truck, or...). Actually, the BMW sat mostly idle since I got the Norge.

I haven't been car-less for decades! It actually feels freeing. Of course, now that I am able, I plan to get another motorcycle in a few months (probably a V7 II Racer or Stone).

Well, you're most of the way there ... although the fact that the keys to a $40,000 airbagged, airconditioned luxury pickup truck, the equivalent of a fully loaded 1990 Fleetwood Cadillac, are laying on the kitchen table sort of takes out just a BIT of the "back to nature" vibe of the new order ...  :D

I still know a couple guys here who have NO car or truck and no easy access to one (without going and borrowing from a friend, or renting one), but it's one heck of a lifestyle compromise.  I did it until I was married; then I had new responsibilities and bagged the "two wheels only" lifestyle.   Not sure if I could still do it .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 01:30:41 PM »
Yeah, I could never be without a truck. We haul too much stuff (dirt, rock, plants, lumber, etc.). Plus, until our adult boys decide to get married and have children, our two chocolate lab puppies serve as our surrogate grandchildren and travel with us.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:37:31 PM »
I need a truck, too.  But the climate here isn't friendly to the stuff in the back, so I go with vans instead.  There's only a time or two in a year when I wish I had an open bed for something too big for the van doors.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:37:31 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here