Author Topic: V9 bobber in the flesh  (Read 1770 times)

Offline vstevens

• Gosling
V9 bobber in the flesh
« on: January 22, 2019, 08:14:12 AM »
(My head talking) With prices slashed to the bone, I felt compelled to see the V9 in person.  Pictures really don't do it justice, in fact, I have yet to see a photo of a V9 where the tank doesn't look odd with mismatched and unbalanced shapes.  But up close it's a different bike...

(The stirring) The first thing I noticed was the thin waisted seat and side panels - very appealing to me.  The cylinder heads jut out at a pleasing angle, without appearing unbalanced or too heavy.  And that tank in full 3 Dimensions is a thing of beauty.  Sitting on the bike feels balanced and light, that thin waist allowing for an easy foot-reach to the ground.  The tank looks wide and graceful from the top. 

(Realization)  2 dimensional photos don't come close to revealing the complex shapes and curves, the sophisticated beauty of the V9 bobber. 

(The heart talking) If you haven't gotten up close, mounted and stroked those lovely and inspiring curves, hugged the narrow waist with your thighs .... it's just so Italian ... it truly inspires this aging romantic... you must.  Truly, the V9 is the Sophia Loren of motorcycles, a timeless and sophisticated beauty.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:16:21 AM by vstevens »

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Re: V9 bobber in the flesh
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 09:47:53 AM »
I remember being struck by the tank shape on my 72 Eldorado, beautiful curves with no seams.
I will look at the V9 in a different light.
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:52:36 AM »
As modern Guzzi's go...I think the V7 Bobber is a handsome motorcycle, overall! :thumb: :cool: :smiley:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 10:17:21 AM »
(My head talking) With prices slashed to the bone, I felt compelled to see the V9 in person.  Pictures really don't do it justice, in fact, I have yet to see a photo of a V9 where the tank doesn't look odd with mismatched and unbalanced shapes.  But up close it's a different bike...

(The stirring) The first thing I noticed was the thin waisted seat and side panels - very appealing to me.  The cylinder heads jut out at a pleasing angle, without appearing unbalanced or too heavy.  And that tank in full 3 Dimensions is a thing of beauty.  Sitting on the bike feels balanced and light, that thin waist allowing for an easy foot-reach to the ground.  The tank looks wide and graceful from the top. 

(Realization)  2 dimensional photos don't come close to revealing the complex shapes and curves, the sophisticated beauty of the V9 bobber. 

(The heart talking) If you haven't gotten up close, mounted and stroked those lovely and inspiring curves, hugged the narrow waist with your thighs .... it's just so Italian ... it truly inspires this aging romantic... you must.  Truly, the V9 is the Sophia Loren of motorcycles, a timeless and sophisticated beauty.

Going through a dry spell? 

The riding position doesn't do it for me.  I would love to sit on a roamer.  I prefer buckhorn bars on a cruiser style bike.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 10:17:21 AM »

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 10:27:56 AM »
I will say I was surprised in person also... Still not my thing, but it does look nicer in person. 
Paul B

Online Groover

• Gaggle Hero
  • If it ain't broke, I'll break it.
    • Scooteropolis
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »
I like the V9 as well. I haven't seen one up close yet. Looks like a good solid, well packed in the right places bike to me. Thanks the nice report.
1981 Moto Guzzi V1000G5
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, a
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, b
1980 Piaggio Vespa P200E
1980 Piaggio Vespa P125X
1980 Vespa Grande Moped
1980 Vespa SI Moped
http://scooteropolis.com/

Offline wittangamo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 11:26:19 AM »
Agree that the V9s look great in person. Sat on and rode both, bought the Roamer. Softer seat on the 2017 models, more comfortable ergos, and more flickable. I’m also a sucker for chrome, and wasn’t crazy about the checkerboard graphic on top of the Bobber tank.

But after owning a 2010 V7 and a 2012 Griso, I believe the V9 is a highly underrated middle offspring. Easy and fun to ride, decent performance and touring capabilities.
Deceive, Inveigle and Obfuscate

Offline vstevens

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 05:19:55 PM »
Going through a dry spell? 

The riding position doesn't do it for me.  I would love to sit on a roamer.  I prefer buckhorn bars on a cruiser style bike.

:thumb:
Yep.  Been a while.  :wink:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here