Author Topic: V65C  (Read 698 times)

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
V65C
« on: August 13, 2019, 09:26:05 AM »

John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
Re: V65C
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 09:31:12 AM »
Do you know the history of that bike?  I used to own one that I bought in Arizona and eventually sold out to someone else back in Arizona.  I'm curious about the sidestand.  I thought I was the only one who made that mod with parts from Teo Lamers in Holland.  School me.

Patrick  Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 10:00:03 AM »
We bought it as a new left over from Eurosport in Dallas in 86. It destroyed its thrust face on the crank eventually, it would run fine but die when you pulled in the clutch lever at idle . It was forcing the crank against the block. I had the flange welded and ground so repaired that. I made my own brackets for the kickstand and floorboards from a Cal2.,  Notice the PHF 30 carbs, also from a Cal2 that got 36's. Coils are properly mounted and have given good service. Dyna S ignition. I thought I was fighting a tuneing problem as the thrust deteriorated. I did the rear end and transmission mods so it's been a reliable bike, Deb rode it out to western Montana with me on a Bassa a few years ago. The only problem was she ran purty much out of gas, keeping up to me across some open country. She has a Stone now but likes the V65 for running back roads . I'd like to make a different mount for the steering damper, this one has too much lost motion in its geometry but still works. I remember seeing your sidestand mod somewhere, it sure cures sidestand difficulties, don't it?
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Diploman

• "The future just ain't what it used to be." Yogi
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 11:03:28 AM »
Nicely preserved and upgraded bike!  I particularly like the side stand mod - the OEM side stand on my V50II is so hair-trigger perilous that I don't dare use it or even keep it on the bike.  This looks like the answer.  I assume there is a thread somewhere in the WG archives detailing the Hayes mod with Theo Lamer parts: I will search.
1980 V50 II, lightly cafe'd, much modernized
1983 SP 1000 NT (Under Upgrade/Modification)
2015 KTM 390 Duke

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 11:03:28 AM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here