Author Topic: 24th Annual Hunt Country Classic British Vehicle Show  (Read 901 times)

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
24th Annual Hunt Country Classic British Vehicle Show
« on: October 14, 2019, 05:26:42 PM »
Well, a little Guzzi content. I rode my '76 Convert down to the show in Marshall, VA yesterday. Excellent turn-out of vehicles despite rather cool temps and overcast skies. My favorite of all was the '33 Morgan with J.A.P. water-cooled v-twin out front. But, the big yellow Allard was a close second. Several nice Britbikes there as well - Triumphs, Nortons and an immaculate Ariel Square 4.

Afterwards, I had lunch at the Marshall Diner with my friend Martin, then headed west solo, towards Luray. I "misunderestimated" the distance to cover and remaining daylight, so ended up arriving home around 8 pm, after covering 215 miles. It didn't help that a bridge on my planned route was closed (supposedly for high water!  :angry:) and I had a lot of backtracking to do. Mostly up through several deer-infested backroads. Good thing the Convert has fantastic lighting...

Link to photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHGFJ84

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 05:55:45 PM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

Offline BrotherJim

• Gosling
Re: 24th Annual Hunt Country Classic British Vehicle Show
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 06:05:57 PM »
Great pics!  Thanks for sharing.
Short Time Livin'...

'02 Moto Guzzi California Stone

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 12:19:57 PM »
I thought it was pretty good show.  I ride past that farm frequently and didn't know until Sunday that it's owned by the family that until recently owned Summit Point Raceway.  I drove over with my boys.

I'm definitely not a British car aficionado but I thought I was reasonably aware of the noteworthy cars.  Nope--I had no idea the MGC was a thing.  Six cylinders! Seven main bearings! 

Just sitting in the back seat of your Rolls, reading the Financial Times, natch.

The blown MG was a treat.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:24:06 PM by HarveyMushman »
Tim

Offline bodine99

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 01:02:42 PM »
The yellow Allard pix. There is a white MGA in between the Healy & Facel-Vega. It is owned by Mike Eaton of Vienna Va. The car was raced & owned in the late 50's by my Godfather "Mr. MG" David Ash of Conn. Thanks for the pictures, pretty neat to see the car out getting enjoyed!!!

Sebring 53 David in the TD my dad alongside. David with the Twin cam MGA. If you Google David Ash Mr. MG there is some info still out there
Regards Geoff

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 01:02:42 PM »

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 01:05:24 PM »
The yellow Allard pix. There is a white MGA in between the Healy & Facel-Vega. It is owned by Mike Eaton of Vienna Va. The car was raced & owned in the late 50's by my Godfather "Mr. MG" David Ash of Conn. Thanks for the pictures, pretty neat to see the car out getting enjoyed!!!

Sebring 53 David in the TD my dad alongside. David with the Twin cam MGA. If you Google David Ash Mr. MG there is some info still out there
Regards Geoff

I've seen that car a couple times at the Great Falls Cars & Coffee.  Guzzi content too!
Tim

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 01:48:05 PM »
The yellow Allard pix. There is a white MGA in between the Healy & Facel-Vega.

That's an Alvis TE-21, not a Facel-Vega.

Charlie

Offline larrys

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 02:49:53 PM »
I thought it was pretty good show.  I ride past that farm frequently and didn't know until Sunday that it's owned by the family that until recently owned Summit Point Raceway.  I drove over with my boys.

I'm definitely not a British car aficionado but I thought I was reasonably aware of the noteworthy cars.  Nope--I had no idea the MGC was a thing.  Six cylinders! Seven main bearings! 

Beautiful cars! Should see a MGB GT with the Rover 3.5L V-8 in it. Don't know if they were ever imported here, but the English cops used them for pursuit cars in the middle 70's. AMHIK.
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here