Author Topic: Wild in the streets?  (Read 45316 times)

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
Wild in the streets?
« on: February 24, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »
Pot became legal this morning in Alaska.  Despite the predictions of the hell-in-a-Hannity crowd, the state so far has not descended into anarchy and mayhem.  Schools and stores opened as usual.  Rain fell.  Cars remained on the proper side of the street, and no busses or submarines have crashed into houses, airplanes or trains.  The emergency room is empty, and nary a siren has been heard (except the daily tsunami test).  The only bad thing that has happened is Wasilla made baking pot brownies illegal.  That's because Sarah Palin lives there and she can't be trusted with either sharp or hot objects, being neither sharp or hot herself.  If you didn't know things have changed, you wouldn't be able to tell.  I hope when your state goes legit it's as unnotable as this.

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
Re: Wild in the streets?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 12:01:35 PM »
I think she used to be hot, but perhaps that's one of the things that's changed
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline drlapo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 12:05:59 PM »
I have nothing good to say about that

Offline drw916

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 12:13:43 PM »
Yeah,  been a non issue in Washington too.  Biggest problem is they have taxed it so heavy that many if not most of the old users are still buying on the secondary market.

Many of the rest of us are too cheap (Guzzi content) to pay what the legal shops are charging even if we wanted to try.
2022 Triumph Tiger Sport 660
1969 Honda 90 (CM91)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 12:13:43 PM »

LaMojo

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 12:19:40 PM »
Now now RK - You need to delete your own thread.  Remember, no political content!

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »
No, it's not political.

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »
Just for reference, in NC, possession of 1/2 ounce or less is a misdemeanor, and is punishable with a maximum fine of $200.  That's about as close to legal as it gets without being legal.  Possession doesn't become a felony here until 1.5 ounces.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:32:14 PM by Triple Jim »
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 01:32:45 PM »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 01:56:27 PM »
  Neither sharp nor hot-- snort chuckle.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 01:59:28 PM »
Wild in the Streets!
Runnin
Runnin
Wild in the Streets!
Runnin
Runnin
Wild in the Streets!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PHRIvssIfHo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 02:00:49 PM »
No, it's not political.

Of course it's not political.   "Hannity".   "Sarah Palin".   "Legalized pot".   How could any of that possibly be considered political, in the Wild Guzzi context?

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 02:04:23 PM »
You can buy ounces grower-direct for $250 here in Montana while the legal stuff in WA is damn near $200 a 1/4 ounce

Happy for CO, AK, & WA they are going to reap millions in revenue! CO legal herb has already pumped so much tax revenue into the state, they are going to have to figure out how to refund some of it back to taxpayers!

Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 02:20:41 PM »
CO legal herb has already pumped so much tax revenue into the state, they are going to have to figure out how to refund some of it back to taxpayers!

Free pot for all Colorado residents!
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

MotoGoosy

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 02:32:03 PM »
Reefer madness!!!???  Ahhhrrrrrrrrr!!!

Offline slowmover

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Locked in the arms of a crazy life
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 02:50:39 PM »
“The basic thing nobody asks is why do people take drugs of any sort? Why do we have these accessories to normal living to live? I mean, is there something wrong with society that’s making us so pressurized, that we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it?” – John Lennon

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »
Thats good news! I hope all the states legalize MJ. In this day and age, with really bad stuff like meth , Heroin, Crack, etc. Its totally ridiculous there are any laws against a plant that is medicinal, no one has ever died from it, etc. Heck, aspirin is more dangerous!
I also want to see the industrial hemp industry take off in the USA.
With all the crazy, fanatical stuff going on in the world right now, who really gives a hoot about MJ.

"I say pass the bong, and please"...."Dont Bogart that joint!", "No stems no seeds that you dont need, Acapulco gold is badass weed" and all that other good stuff!

;-T ;-T ;-T ;-T ;-T

Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline Cage Free

• Gosling
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »
I think she used to be hot, but perhaps that's one of the things that's changed

Tina Fey is the hotter version of Sarah Palin and would probably be a better candidate as well. ;D

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 04:36:14 PM »
Of course it's not political.   "Hannity".   "Sarah Palin".   "Legalized pot".   How could any of that possibly be considered political, in the Wild Guzzi context?

Lannis
ssshhhh........ ;D

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 05:20:13 PM »

Lannis

I'm reporting on an event that obviously has a lot of interest here.  It will become political only when you make it so. 

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 06:04:19 PM »
  Why not?  They have been smoking salmon up there since before that old Russian viking stole the place from the natives.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

lucydad

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 06:06:13 PM »
Rode,

If my old neurons remember correctly, when I was a resident of Cook Inlet, the herb was legal in small amounts.  No so much if one worked for an oil company with mandatory drug and alcohol testing.

Anyway I used to fertilize my neighbor's plants with Old English Sheepdog output.  

Pulled a guy out of a mudhole once near Gunsight mountain.  He wanted to pay me back with a baggie.  Refused, and he got mad:  you a police? you no like me? Paranoid.  Didn't understand not my thingy, and I worky for the Marathonian Empire, sometimes out on the single rod platform.  Took him a while to get it as I looked the part with long scraggley beard and dirty old Toy truck with muddies.  Hawaiians would pull out big high quality flower buds when I visited.  Same reaction...paranoid when I said no-no cause Barney the sniffy doggy at place where big aluminum pipes with wings land would finda and I woulda be in the cana.

Live and let live.  

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 06:39:54 PM »
Rode,

If my old neurons remember correctly, when I was a resident of Cook Inlet, the herb was legal in small amounts.  No so much if one worked for an oil company with mandatory drug and alcohol testing.

Anyway I used to fertilize my neighbor's plants with Old English Sheepdog output.  

Pulled a guy out of a mudhole once near Gunsight mountain.  He wanted to pay me back with a baggie.  Refused, and he got mad:  you a police? you no like me? Paranoid.  Didn't understand not my thingy, and I worky for the Marathonian Empire, sometimes out on the single rod platform.  Took him a while to get it as I looked the part with long scraggley beard and dirty old Toy truck with muddies.  Hawaiians would pull out big high quality flower buds when I visited.  Same reaction...paranoid when I said no-no cause Barney the sniffy doggy at place where big aluminum pipes with wings land would finda and I woulda be in the cana.

Live and let live.  

You've made a lot of important points in just a few lines:

legalization doesn't mean you are REQUIRED to use pot, only that the option is there.  You can still do a Nancy Regan if you want to.

Some occupations and some employers have rules about inebriation on the job and illegal drug use on or off the job.  So both employment considerations and common sense say not everyone should be smoking.

Legalization is still confined to within a legal state's boundaries.  TSA is still going to pitch a fit on account of they do fed rules, not AK/WA/CO rules.

Selling pot without the paperwork is still an infraction (like a speeding ticket).  Bartering, trading, or awarding it to the guy that helps you out of a snowbank seems to be kosher.

Right now the law is statewide, not federal.  This gives the more controlling employers some wiggle room to continue including pot in their list of tested-for substances.  It's unclear whether those rules will be enforceable for businesses not required to follow federal guidelines since the new law says pot will be regulated like alcohol.  As a side note, both Anchorage and the state troopers say they will no longer be teaching their dogs to sniff for mj, and they'll have to retire the ones who indicate for pot.

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 06:48:25 PM »
...and they'll have to retire the ones who indicate for pot.

Maybe just give them a bong hit before they start work, to swamp out the smell.

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • God hates a coward
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 07:20:50 PM »
You can buy ounces grower-direct for $250 here in Montana while the legal stuff in WA is damn near $200 a 1/4 ounce

Happy for CO, AK, & WA they are going to reap millions in revenue! CO legal herb has already pumped so much tax revenue into the state, they are going to have to figure out how to refund some of it back to taxpayers!

While the Sweet Leaf is incredibly expensive in Washington's pot stores, an ounce of happiness can be had 'grower direct' for $200 +/-.
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 09:20:50 PM »
When the state of Alaska makes their first $1M of income on this, will they ask "how much more weed can we buy with this $1M"?
Ken
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 09:33:59 PM »
Alaska can't earmark funds coming into the state coffers.  It all goes to the general fund.  Otherwise I could see that happening. .   .   :D

Here's one of the few notices In the press about it:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/alaska-quietly-becomes-3rd-state-205033366.html

In summary it says that police were prepared for wild parties and such, but no pot-related tickets have been written and no pot-related complaints have been received by any law enforcement agency.

canuck750

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 11:10:19 PM »
Good on Alaska, our conservative federal government would rather drum up fear and ignorance than implement a system to control and legalize distribution. So the illegal trade continues to boom and groups like the Hells Angles continue to hold sway, madness.

But alas our federal government of the day panders to the politics of fear, for instance they want to build more prisons, get tough on crime, while every year violent crime drops across the country.

Many Canadians like to think we are more progressive than our cousins south of the border, reality proves otherwise.

Personally I no longer partake but I see no great harm in allowing consenting adults to choose as they wish.

Offline Demar

• Hooper drives the boat Chief.
  • Gaggle Hero
  • There's someone in my head but it's not me.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 11:25:31 PM »
Local radio station yesterday said a girl scout set up her cookie table outside a medical marijuana facility and that she was selling a lot of cookies.
I'd much rather ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

2012 MG Stelvio NTX
2010 Bonneville T100
1953 Galletto 175

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 11:58:40 PM »
Peyton Manning thinks it's been good for his Colorado pizza business.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here