Author Topic: Guzzi Brothers and Sisters, do you have the input nut socket I could borrow?  (Read 2871 times)

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
Hey guys, I just rebuilt my  guzzi transmission, except I don't have the special socket for the input shaft nut.  sooo, if I could just borrow the tool I'd gladly pay shipping + a six pack of our local beer.  Thanks,
Nate
nathanappel@gmail.com

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
I think it would help if we knew which transmission, there are different nuts ???
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Online Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
If you mean the nut that needs the peg socket, hammer that off with a drift. Then replace it with the normal nut as used on the OUTPUT shaft.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
I think it would help if we knew which transmission, there are different nuts ???
sorry, 850T transmission :)

Wildguzzi.com

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
If you mean the nut that needs the peg socket, hammer that off with a drift. Then replace it with the normal nut as used on the OUTPUT shaft.

Yes, the peg socket.  It was hammered off, then rebuilt the transmission.  Put a new one back on, but didn't really want to 'whack' the nut back in place.

Online Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
Yes, the peg socket.  It was hammered off, then rebuilt the transmission.  Put a new one back on, but didn't really want to 'whack' the nut back in place.

That is why I use a normal nut there. No idea why they are fascinated with that goofy peg nut.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here