Author Topic: Tasmania trip .... Speeding fine in the Mail, a good one !  (Read 14959 times)

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Tasmania trip - Continued ......... Photos
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2015, 06:07:23 AM »
The Girls took the one little girl on the trip to see the Penguins at Bicheno tonight ( About 200 km on the east coast North of Hobart ) we saw these little tikes on the path coming home from the restaurant.

2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki
If you Ride a Griso, You need Tyres with Gription

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 11:35:55 PM »
When in Rome .........

I had several courses of the James Boag XXX
2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki

Scorpione

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 11:48:45 PM »
How do they make Love ? ???

VERY carefully!  ;D

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 12:49:21 AM »
Had lunch here , very nice place

They had this old Placard up on an internal post. it was a bit hard to photograph , sorry. I think I need one as my belt buckle ?

[img width=800
height=597]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y401/aerotor/AD688EE6-270D-4A18-8CE1-61C21448C4CC_zpsamkfpj0x.jpg[/img]

An interesting implement

2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 12:49:21 AM »

Offline Richard Tasmania

• New Egg
  • Tasmania, Australia
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 02:56:13 AM »
Met you in Dover with my brother. We were touring on my CalVin and V7. Glad you are enjoying your trip. Unfortunately we had to cut ours short as the CalVin had a minor mishap, all good now but my brother has flown back to Sydney. Good excuse for him to come back and finish the trip though!
I'm in Wynyard if you want to join me for a ride through 'The Gorge" or any one of the other local roads. As Tazturtle rightly says, there are a great many fantastic local roads to tour here, especially in the North West.
Richard
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:04:20 AM by Richard Tasmania »
V50III gone but not forgotton
V7C 2012
California Vintage 2007
V50 Monza 1984
V7 Special 2022

Offline double.d

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 04:58:44 AM »
Does the Pub in the Paddock still allow you to buy the pigs a beer ?
1986 Le Mans IV Black Since New
2014 K1300 R Black German Starship.

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2015, 09:02:01 PM »
Hi Richard,
sorry for the delay replying. Sorry you couldn't hang around, we had a good night there. We boarded the Spirit for the trip home on the 6 th

Double D,
Yes the pub allows you to feed the Pig Beer, we couldn't get it to wake up though. The original pig "Princess" died a while back, the new one is called "Pinky" ?

A visit to Richardsons in Launceston, they have a nice collection of old bikes upstairs

And a Bistro / Bar for Breakfast or drinks. This V-Rod Destroyer was imported, assembled and placed on display above the bar. Never been started according to the owner.

Boarding the Spirit of Tasmania for the trip home

Tying down the bikes, the Orange and black frame above us is a cable operated platform loaded with cars, hope the cables are strong.

Goodby Devonport, we'll be back

The view inside

Left to right, Wazza, Self , Phil..... To many of those engineers internal lubricants were consumed 🍻.

Part way home

Made it to Bungendore first day off the boat, stayed at the Royal hotel and had a couple of beers with Pete Roper.   Having Breakfast with Pete at Queanbeyan , Canberra

Pete swapped bikes with me for the ride from Bungendore into Queanbeyan. He's right, the Aprilia Mana is a fun bike to ride. Keeping up ( or trying to ) with Pete on my Griso I got to see how well it pulls with its CVT auto transmission, coming to a stop I kept looking for the clutch lever   :D
Re Griso- Pete said to me " this bike doesn't idle for Shite ' fixed it with the turn of a screw driver, thanks Pete , idles a lot better, and pulls away much better too  ;-T

Heading north out of Brisbane I always stop in Gympie for a coffee break

Home , unpacked and Clean. 7000 km's since Xmas day. Not One problem with the bike the whole trip,
You've gotta Love A Griso 🇮🇹 :bike

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:59:21 AM by Waterbottle »
2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 03:15:03 AM »
Tramcars was one of my fav stops for a custard tart but the standard fell and I haven't been back for years. Seeing that you called in yesterday gives me hope for better times.
            Might give it another chance now ;D
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2015, 04:40:29 AM »
Pointless item of trivia.
Bass Strait is named for a Captain Bass. His wedding ring was found in the cook fire of a local Maori village. (just on the other side of Invercargill Estuary)

I enjoyed that trip report.
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

oldbike54

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2015, 11:01:08 AM »
Pointless item of trivia.
Bass Strait is named for a Captain Bass. His wedding ring was found in the cook fire of a local Maori village. (just on the other side of Invercargill Estuary)

I enjoyed that trip report.

So , Bass was an appropriate name .

Dusty

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2015, 02:19:22 PM »
Tramcars was one of my fav stops for a custard tart but the standard fell and I haven't been back for years. Seeing that you called in yesterday gives me hope for better times.
            Might give it another chance now ;D
Quite nice now , friendly prompt service

Johnr , are you saying they ate him ?????
2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2015, 06:34:45 PM »
Quite nice now , friendly prompt service

Johnr , are you saying they ate him ?????

They most certainly did.

The first European settler in Invercargill was a guy called Matheson. He was the cabin boy on a ship that got stuck in the Invercargill estuary. The rest of the crew were eaten and he would have been too except that the chiefs daughter took a shine to the young lad.  He had a choice of being dinner or being married.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:39:00 PM by johnr »
New Zealand

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2015, 03:22:17 AM »
Thanks John, I'll be careful what I say when I visit, and keep my running shoes on  :D ( I only have to run faster than the wife )  :wife:
2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Tasmania trip .... Speeding fine in the Mail, a good one !
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2015, 04:16:27 AM »
So for all who think their few hundred $$ for a service is expensive, check out this fine I received in the mail today. I must be the worst person on the east coast of Australia , jeez ...7 km per hr over , I'm lucky I'm not in gaol ( jail )  ::)

As the Griso is a company registered bike ( for checking mail and collecting parts etc ) the fines are adjusted accordingly.
My only good news is , I can fill out a form on the back of the fine and nominate myself as the very bad person to accept the fine, and hopefully it will be reduced to a sane level ?
I did drink a little too much on this trip, attributed to good company and a lovely place to be in, but I don't remember having a secret rendezvous with the issuing officers wife, how else can you explain the figure on the fine ?

2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki

beetle

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2015, 04:36:37 AM »
Seriously? For 7km over the limit?? That's effin unbelievable!

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2015, 03:06:39 PM »
Gleep!  Must be a mistake surely!
New Zealand

beetle

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2015, 03:31:14 PM »
It's gotta be a typo. Snapped from the Tasmanian Transport of offence table:

beetle

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2015, 04:58:48 PM »
I'm in Tassie at the moment (work), so I better watch myself.  :o

So far, my trip has been good. Except for the work bit.

Vasco DG

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2015, 05:12:40 PM »
That's insane Ron. Query it.

I got pulled the other day by a pair of pimplies in Canberra. They said I was doing 140! On the Mana? On a road notorious for Wallopers and a stupid speed limit? I actually said "Rubbish!" I was then told that they were doing 140 and were only catching up slowly. They also said I was 'Racing' with a pirate who had just blown past me, (In the same lane no less. What a marroon!) I told them to stop being ridiculous! Anyway after taking my licence and bike details I was told that their 'System' was being slow and that after they'd checked me and my driving history out I "Might get a warning or I might get a fine." In the mail.

Sod that, I'll be fighting this one if they try that. Apart from anything else the limit on that stretch is 90. If I'd been doing 140 they would of taken my licence off me on the spot and cuffed me. Cocksure little pricks.

Just to really piss me off I got pulled by the Rum Corps the next day in the Jimny for heavens sakes. I didn't get booked but I had 15 minutes of my life wasted being given a lecture! He claimed I was doing 107 in a 100 zone! I mean? Really?

Pete

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2015, 06:09:37 PM »
Beetle; what is that? It looks interesting.
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

beetle

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2015, 07:00:15 PM »
French toast doused in maple syrup with a cinnamon and icing sugar dusting, topped with bacon. Yummy!

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2015, 08:26:15 PM »
It looks really good.  I think I'll go out for breakfast tomorrow morning.
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2015, 09:02:10 PM »
French toast doused in maple syrup with a cinnamon and icing sugar dusting, topped with bacon. Yummy!
Are you sure you weren't in Wisconsin when this happened?
Ken
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2015, 09:22:11 PM »

Just to really piss me off I got pulled by the Rum Corps the next day in the Jimny for heavens sakes. I didn't get booked but I had 15 minutes of my life wasted being given a lecture! He claimed I was doing 107 in a 100 zone! I mean?Really?
Pete

I think I would have preferred the fine to the 15 minute lecture. :o Could have been trying to goad you in to a more serious offence IMO.
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2015, 10:19:29 PM »
Unfortunately the fine is legit, this happened in St Kilda, Melbourne.  I checked out the Victoria transport dept - fines for company vehicles.
For a Company owned vehicle you Will be fined at least $2900. However, I can nominate a driver, supply the details and they cop the lesser fine of around $200 or so,......... any volunteers  :D
If you are a Taxi driver or are in a company vehicle, and run a red light or rail crossing..... bang $2900. No nominating a driver then, the company just cops the full fine. Isn't the Victorian Government lovely  ???
It will take a while to get the paperwork turned around, plus $7.50 if I require a photo of said infringement, but I'll let you know how I get on.
I think I might frame the photo with a copy of the original fine , It works out at $421.71 per kph over the limit, thank the Guzzi gods they didn't see me trying to catch up to Tasturtle  :D
2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki

Offline double.d

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 03:50:36 AM »
That's insane Ron. Query it.

I got pulled the other day by a pair of pimplies in Canberra. They said I was doing 140! On the Mana? On a road notorious for Wallopers and a stupid speed limit? I actually said "Rubbish!" I was then told that they were doing 140 and were only catching up slowly. They also said I was 'Racing' with a pirate who had just blown past me, (In the same lane no less. What a marroon!) I told them to stop being ridiculous! Anyway after taking my licence and bike details I was told that their 'System' was being slow and that after they'd checked me and my driving history out I "Might get a warning or I might get a fine." In the mail.

Sod that, I'll be fighting this one if they try that. Apart from anything else the limit on that stretch is 90. If I'd been doing 140 they would of taken my licence off me on the spot and cuffed me. Cocksure little pricks.

Just to really piss me off I got pulled by the Rum Corps the next day in the Jimny for heavens sakes. I didn't get booked but I had 15 minutes of my life wasted being given a lecture! He claimed I was doing 107 in a 100 zone! I mean? Really?

Pete

Pete, I beat a similar offense in court last year. My argument was,
Officer, you allege I was doing 140kph, yes, but you were doing 140kph because that was what your speedo said, yes, does that prove I was doing 140kph, no. Booyah  :-*
1986 Le Mans IV Black Since New
2014 K1300 R Black German Starship.

Offline Tazturtle

• Moto Guzzi - La moto la piu bella del mondo
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2015, 10:32:22 PM »
Phew - i was gonna say there was no way that was a legit Tassie fine Ron!

Less than 10 kmh over is only $80.

Having driven in Victoria, all I can say is that the experience is proof positive that "speed kills" is a lie. If it were so, there would definitely be no Victorians left!

More unpoliced roads to show you next trip...

Kurt
2012 1200 Sport 8V Corsa SE
2011 V7 Racer #749 (RIP)

"Guzzi is about the engine. Guzzi's about torque. Guzzi's about enjoyment in the riding experience." Miguel Galuzzi

"The Guzzi 750 is what BMW airheads used to be.  Simple, direct machines for riders who enjoy the Zen of engines" Sign216

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here