Author Topic: Valve Job while its running???  (Read 11878 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Valve Job while its running???
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2016, 09:31:46 AM »
Still have chest tubes in me. There is an air leak that they hope will go away.

I suggest spraying a little WD40 on the suspected leak and see if your heart rate speeds up?   A little Seal-All or JB Weld will sort that right out.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2016, 02:31:27 PM »
Worth a try. If it doesn't change at least it will be lubricated.
'96 California 1100i 160,000 mi
'97 Centauro yellow 25,000 mi
'02 Champagne V11 LeMans 58,000 mi
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Offline nobleswood

• Gosling
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »
If they're feeding you so well, maybe the next MGNOC meeting should be in your hospital room ! :grin:
2004 V11 Sport Naked / Ballabio
2013 1200 8v Griso

Online Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2016, 10:45:29 PM »
Still have chest tubes in me. There is an air leak that they hope will go away.

Duct tape.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2016, 10:45:29 PM »

Online Bigtime

• Hatchling
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2016, 03:34:19 AM »
  Terry,  I know I'm really late to this party, but glad your surgery when well and wishing you a speedy recovery. Now get out there and put the next 100k on the EV.    JohnB

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2016, 09:20:11 AM »
I'm home now. Let me tell you typing anything on a Kindle touch screen is an exercise in keeping
blood pressure in control. You get almost done with your message without realizing you hovered your
thumb knuckle over something that sends your text into never never land. Had my arm not been so
weak I might have thrown the damn thing through the wall. Thus my six word texts over the previous
few days. You say it's just like a smart phone. Well that's just one reason I have a phone more akin to
a Blackberry with a QWERTY pad but it is without data since I'm the second phone on the plan and
not deductible on her taxes.

Anyhow, the original sales pitch had me coming home on Tuesday after Friday surgery. Apparently,
the surgeon was not obligated to tell me at that time in approximately 66.234% of these cases where
the patient had been a smoker for 52.55 years a leak will occur in one lung or the other.

Tuesday came and went while they were monitoring the air and fluid draining from my chest. Can't
remove until volume is less than 100cc/day. Wed we were getting there. They decided to split the 4
tubes into 2 boxes so they could identify which cylinder was recalcitrant. It was the left one. Once it
went below 100cc the tubes came out. The next day they did an xray which better identified the
location of the leak. Saturday I was taken to radiology where a surgeon installed a small tube which
was inserted exactly where it needed to be using the assistance of a CT scanner. This tube is now
connected to a ball valve and then to a Heimlich valve that lets air and fluid out but not back in.

Back to my room for the exit orientations. Good Lord! Why I did not get a DVD that recorded all the
conversations is a mystery to me. The doctor said I could go back to work tomorrow if I felt up to it.
The nurses said I could not drive for a month. Anybody see a contradiction here? When I told her,
"That's not a problem, I'll take the motorcycle." Que the 'deer in the headlights' look before I gave her
the smile. She said, "I firmly believe your riding is over at the very least for this year. You might also
consider your accident last week an omen about your mortality." Is this response to be unexpected
from a profession that considers motorcyclists organ donors? A 30 page discharge plan was given
to me and off I was wheeled to the entrance.

My best friends from Indiana came down Saturday morning and the 4 of us drove to our home. They
hadn't been here in a while so they got the 50c tour of our blissful country estate. When Jeff told
Loretta, "I think it's time we headed home." I asked if they would like to eat first. "Well, hell yes.
Breakfast was 10 hours ago" We went to Rons Pizza for dinner. I 'reluctantly' took in a shot of
Kentucky's finest while munching on a 'heart healthy' diet, namely a Santa Fe pizza. As Todd Haven was famous for saying, "Knob Creek for the win."

Since I have some of the cleanest coronary arteries the doctor has ever seen why should I be
watching my cholesterol? I can sum that up in two words. Big pharma.

I have a question. The doctor who did the heart catheterization to check for coronary blockages
made a couple visits while I was in CICU and the surgical ward, wants me to schedule a follow up
visit within the next couple weeks. Why in the f*@# should I be donating my $60 co-pay with such a
parasite?
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Offline trippah

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2016, 09:36:15 AM »
Because if he doesn't get enough visit in, he'll have to do something that brings in real money, like selling Guzzi's. :laugh:

Glad to see the mending is going  well.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2016, 01:48:02 PM »

When I told her, "That's not a problem, I'll take the motorcycle." Que the 'deer in the headlights' look before I gave her the smile. She said, "I firmly believe your riding is over at the very least for this year. You might also consider your accident last week an omen about your mortality."

Typical.   She probably drove into work this morning with one hand thumbing text into her Blackberry and the other holding a sesame bagel with raspberry cream cheese on it ...

Lannis

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2016, 04:38:22 PM »
I think I've answered my question. He is to be the recipient of my $5000+ deductible a little bit at a time.
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2016, 05:26:53 PM »

Since I have some of the cleanest coronary arteries the doctor has ever seen why should I be
watching my cholesterol? I can sum that up in two words. Big pharma.

I have a question. The doctor who did the heart catheterization to check for coronary blockages
made a couple visits while I was in CICU and the surgical ward, wants me to schedule a follow up
visit within the next couple weeks. Why in the f*@# should I be donating my $60 co-pay with such a
parasite?

I've always trusted the doctors who have seen to me over the years.   There hasn't been much to see too, plus one of the doctors was my old college roommate and the other I've known for 30 years, so I've always done what they said BUT ....

... YOU are the one responsible for your health, so, if you are willing to take a risk that the doctor doesn't want to take because he fears lawsuits, OR if you have an inner feeling that things are different than what the doctor thinks, then YOU take control.

It's not like a bike - they can't void the warranty on the work if you don't get the dealer service done ...

Lannis

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2016, 09:03:34 PM »
You're not going to go riding yet are you? For exercise to try it out, lay your bike down & pick it up. Just kidding but don't rush it. Take the lowest bike out first.   Glad you are doing so well.   It is a drag not to be able to ride.   
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2016, 07:26:29 AM »
You can't kid a kidder.  :grin:
I slipped on a wet floor last night and took a pretty good fall. Showed me how weak and fragile I still am. The nurse was right about the first part and I'm debating the second part hoping that getting on the bike will put an end to that.

Since the accident on the 27th I've been a basket case. Even while in the passenger seat of the car I go on high alert when coming to an intersection, when someone is getting ready to pull out, or when a car is getting ready to pass us. It would be nice to be able to just relax.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 07:34:11 AM by twhitaker »
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2016, 08:05:56 AM »
+1 After my 1st accident in 70  I wanted to buy a 6WD cement truck and drive over all the cars. Had to reteach myself how to relax again and have a different mindset.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2016, 06:38:21 PM »
Making progress. Mowed the lawn today. It sure needed it.
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here