Author Topic: Newbie here. Question reg my v12 sport.  (Read 6677 times)

Offline Crosspug

• New Egg
Re: Newbie here. Question reg my v12 sport.
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2017, 12:10:19 AM »
Like the end can. Where did you acquire that? Did you have to re-map?
Cheers
It's a Staintune can, I wanted something simple as I'm not a fan of the Italian aftermarket can looks (sad I know). GPR cheapy cans I didn't like the pop rivets and makers badge visible so Staintune it was, after my old small block it's a bit quiet even with db killer removed but I'm sure it'll bed in.

Bike has a Rexxer tune but not 100% happy as it idles high imo and a little strange both when  warm. As far as I know a tune is not required.

Offline Crosspug

• New Egg
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2017, 12:11:52 AM »
Just a better shot...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pete roper

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2017, 12:52:27 AM »
It's a Staintune can, I wanted something simple as I'm not a fan of the Italian aftermarket can looks (sad I know). GPR cheapy cans I didn't like the pop rivets and makers badge visible so Staintune it was, after my old small block it's a bit quiet even with db killer removed but I'm sure it'll bed in.

Bike has a Rexxer tune but not 100% happy as it idles high imo and a little strange both when  warm. As far as I know a tune is not required.

When you say it 'Idles high' do you mean sometimes the idle hangs up around 2,000 RPM or are you just worried that it's normal idle speed is too high? If the latter don't do anything. The idle speed should be 1,200-1,250. It's hard coded into the ECU and is stepper controlled. You can't change it without screwing everything up, badly!

Pete

Offline Crosspug

• New Egg
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2017, 01:05:28 AM »
When you say it 'Idles high' do you mean sometimes the idle hangs up around 2,000 RPM or are you just worried that it's normal idle speed is too high? If the latter don't do anything. The idle speed should be 1,200-1,250. It's hard coded into the ECU and is stepper controlled. You can't change it without screwing everything up, badly!

Pete
The 1200ish. Wow didn't expect an idle that high. Thanks for clarifying.

I thought it was a symptom along with an occasional drop of one cylinder only when warm at idle. Idles fine for 20-30 secs then *rock* one cylinder doesn't seem to fire, idles fine for another 20secs then *rock*... Not regular intervals though.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2017, 01:05:28 AM »

pete roper

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2017, 01:14:47 AM »
The 1200ish. Wow didn't expect an idle that high. Thanks for clarifying.

I thought it was a symptom along with an occasional drop of one cylinder only when warm at idle. Idles fine for 20-30 secs then *rock* one cylinder doesn't seem to fire, idles fine for another 20secs then *rock*... Not regular intervals though.

Oh dear. That's a classic symptom of poorly balanced throttle bodies or worse, some mug having messed with either the throttle stop screw or linkage rod.

Are both the air bleeds open? Has anybody tried to 'Lower' the idle by winding out the throttle stop screw,  (Is the paint on it still intact?) has your bike ever had a proper tune up? ie, have the valves been set, the TB's balanced correctly and the TPS recalibrated?

Is the Rexxer map just their 'Off the shelf' offering? They're pretty crude. Add in an inadequate tune and it's not surprising it's spitting back through a throttle body, (That's what the hesitation and 'Chuff' is that you're hearing.)

Sounds to me like it's been messed about with by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.....

Pete

Offline Crosspug

• New Egg
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2017, 01:23:11 AM »
Oh dear. That's a classic symptom of poorly balanced throttle bodies or worse, some mug having messed with either the throttle stop screw or linkage rod.

Are both the air bleeds open? Has anybody tried to 'Lower' the idle by winding out the throttle stop screw,  (Is the paint on it still intact?) has your bike ever had a proper tune up? ie, have the valves been set, the TB's balanced correctly and the TPS recalibrated?

Is the Rexxer map just their 'Off the shelf' offering? They're pretty crude. Add in an inadequate tune and it's not surprising it's spitting back through a throttle body, (That's what the hesitation and 'Chuff' is that you're hearing.)

Sounds to me like it's been messed about with by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.....

Pete
I would hazard you are quite correct... Having seen the service history and locations for same.

As far as I'm aware it's the standard "plug and it's awesome" map.

I'll have to have a deeper look into how much has been toyed with. Then the fun starts (mainly finding time to be honest) but I'm already in love with the thing... If not quite as ugh "full of personality" as the old small block. Yet!

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2017, 02:45:19 AM »
Just a better shot...

Beautiful bike Pug. It'd be great if you could see the wheel a bit better though !

Offline twodogs

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2017, 06:27:30 AM »
 :1: on the rear. A sweet single sided rear end then it is covered by the big can  :angry:
2-2023 Yamaha TW200
2022 Triumph 850 sport

Padsta

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »

Cheers buddy. Personally I think can looks spanking!
Anyone know if a good aftermarket can place in UK?

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2017, 03:46:50 PM »
 :clock:
:1: on the rear. A sweet single sided rear end then it is covered by the big can  :angry:
Yeah, that's what U've got mine higher like a VFR

Offline Crosspug

• New Egg
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2017, 06:31:26 AM »
Beautiful bike Pug. It'd be great if you could see the wheel a bit better though !
Believe me I agree, but it'll do for now.

I'd love a high mount custom as I'm not planning on luggage for this bike but that change will be later in its life...

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here