Author Topic: EV 11(Bassa) lower crash bar mounts?  (Read 248 times)

Online normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
EV 11(Bassa) lower crash bar mounts?
« on: May 25, 2023, 05:15:31 PM »
Oh, and rear turn signals artistry too, but that's not what this post is about.

I was gifted some crash bars by a Guzzista, and I mounted them using the two thru-holes at the top/center, and had to jerry rig something to make them play nice at the lower mounting points. My effort was only moderately successful, but I'm not too concerned - the whole point of the crash bar is to take the initial hit, and if necessary bend back against the valve cover/head guard.

But the right side has developed an annoying buzz, traced to my jerry rig. Is there any Guzzi approved transition widget  that goes twixt the lower end of a crash bar and the frame?

Oh, and rear turn signals - we've all been over this many times, and I've (re)read the posts again recently. The front signals are in far better condition, leading me to believe a P/O had to replace them. The rear signals recently fell apart, and I'm looking at PVC or copper pipe Normtech options, but if the ideal fix is begging to be bought and installed I'm game.

Ride report - went twenty miles north on the 15 freeway and came back on the frontage road because the bike needed to be parked in a different location and topped off with fuel - felt so good I just sat there for ten minutes after I shut it off and soaked in the endorphins, which I am short on these days.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline bikeridertim

• Gosling
  • Just ride it!
Re: EV 11(Bassa) lower crash bar mounts?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 07:40:41 PM »
A question about the crash bars. Do you have the spacer installed?? You didn't say what you had to do to make them "Play nice". Maybe this will help...

https://www.parts-motoguzzi.com/moto-guzzi-motorcycles/1100-MOTO-GUZZI-MOTORCYCLES/CALIFORNIA/1999/California-Special/FRAME/Frame/371/12/282000402/831
2017 MOTO GUZZI MGX-21
1999 MOTO GUZZI EV11
1973 MOTO GUZZI ELDORODO
MGNOC L-201
AMA LIFE MEMBER 543509
IRON BUTT 12038

We struggle our whole lives so that we don’t have to struggle.  Huzo

Online normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 02:06:39 PM »
Thank you  [bikeridertim].

I'm working on getting the appropriate hardware and spacers, assisted by others here.

How can I keep the hardware from coming loose and leaving due to vibration? Prior efforts using thread locker compounds were unsuccessful.

I don't think the hardware is available drilled for safety wire, and even if there was room for lock washers in the setup, I don't believe it would weather the storm.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 02:21:19 PM »
All my crashbars have the longer bolts , lock washers & nuts from stock. No loctite on mine since new. Serrated Guzzi lock washers tightened to 60ftlbs. Have never loosened in 40yrs & I check them.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 02:21:19 PM »

Offline bikeridertim

• Gosling
  • Just ride it!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 04:19:34 PM »
All my crashbars have the longer bolts , lock washers & nuts from stock. No loctite on mine since new. Serrated Guzzi lock washers tightened to 60ftlbs. Have never loosened in 40yrs & I check them.

Ditto ^^^
2017 MOTO GUZZI MGX-21
1999 MOTO GUZZI EV11
1973 MOTO GUZZI ELDORODO
MGNOC L-201
AMA LIFE MEMBER 543509
IRON BUTT 12038

We struggle our whole lives so that we don’t have to struggle.  Huzo

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here