Author Topic: Swede is Down  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Swede is Down
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2022, 04:47:51 PM »
He goes into hiding and can't be reached by email , cell phone , or smoke signals . Some of us think he comes from another dimension and only appears sporadically in this one , or maybe he is only an illusion , a manifestation of mass hypnosis . He does appear in Cedar Vale every year wearing that funny foam cowboy hat and asking where the nearest aroma therapist is , who knows where he truly exists the other 360 days of the year .

Dusty
I know where he was one other day this year when he dropped in on our new home in NM a few weeks back. He appeared to ride in but maybe he just appeared around the curve before our driveway.

GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2022, 05:59:06 PM »
He goes into hiding and can't be reached by email , cell phone , or smoke signals . Some of us think he comes from another dimension and only appears sporadically in this one , or maybe he is only an illusion , a manifestation of mass hypnosis . He does appear in Cedar Vale every year wearing that funny foam cowboy hat and asking where the nearest aroma therapist is , who knows where he truly exists the other 360 days of the year .

Dusty

truthfully, he flies away with his beanie copter. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Milosh

• Hatchling
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2022, 06:08:22 PM »
Congratulations on the 150k.

Sorry about the spill. Heal up well.
___________________ ___________________ __
“An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered.” – G.K. Chesterton

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2022, 11:51:37 PM »
Swede, you're a hero and hope to meet you sometime.  Heal well.
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2022, 11:51:37 PM »

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
Re: Swede is Down . . . But Back Up.
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2022, 08:18:14 PM »
Ok, the Swede is back.   :gotpics:  All ankle bones grown back in a way to make the orthopedic surgeon smile.  I’m walking, albeit slowly, and without a cane most of the time.  I even rode the slightly wrecked V7 around the block.  Yeah, the ankle hurts a lot, and it hurts most of the time, and did I mention it hurts a lot—but hey, I’m back on my feet. 

I was feeling so salty about my recovery that I ventured down to a motorcycle dealer today . . . but I’ll make that a separate thread. 

I very much appreciate all the well-wishers on this forum—thanks for the kind thoughts while I was out of commission.  This is a great community and I value the motorcycling fellowship you all provide. 
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline midnite

• New Egg
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2022, 09:23:08 PM »
Glad to hear it, Swede. You’re an inspiration. Many, many more miles and smiles to you!

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2022, 06:15:51 AM »
Glad to see you are up and (slowly) stirring around.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2022, 07:17:48 AM »
Good to hear your progress. Keep it up.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Swede is Down . . . But Back Up.
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2022, 09:34:41 AM »
Ok, the Swede is back.   :gotpics:  All ankle bones grown back in a way to make the orthopedic surgeon smile.  I’m walking, albeit slowly, and without a cane most of the time.  I even rode the slightly wrecked V7 around the block.  Yeah, the ankle hurts a lot, and it hurts most of the time, and did I mention it hurts a lot—but hey, I’m back on my feet. 

I was feeling so salty about my recovery that I ventured down to a motorcycle dealer today . . . but I’ll make that a separate thread. 

I very much appreciate all the well-wishers on this forum—thanks for the kind thoughts while I was out of commission.  This is a great community and I value the motorcycling fellowship you all provide.

Good to know, if I were you I'd go out and buy a new motorcycle.   :bike-037:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here