Author Topic: Interesting Stelvio on Winchester Craigslist  (Read 5135 times)

Bill Hagan

Interesting Stelvio on Winchester Craigslist
« on: June 13, 2015, 10:21:47 AM »

Know nothing about it.

Happy to go look at if anyone wants.

http://winchester.craigslist.org/mcy/5046842869.html

Bill

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Interesting Stelvio on Winchester Craigslist
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 10:27:10 AM »
Know nothing about it.

Happy to go look at if anyone wants.

http://winchester.craigslist.org/mcy/5046842869.html

Bill

Looks like a nice bike with some good upgrades, if you like Power Commanders and such.    People say that these "Transform the Bike" but I'm not sure that my Stelvio needs any "transforming"; it does very well as it is, stock mufflers and all.   

If it were me selling it, I'd probably pay off the loan and have a clear title to offer.   I don't want to be going to anyone's credit union and paying off his loan; that's HIS business.   And it always makes me feel like I might be giving more than I should if he's "underwater" on the loan.

But if it's as advertised, you probably couldn't duplicate the bike and upgrades for the money.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline toma nova

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 08:17:49 PM »
I'd say this is heck of a deal.  How can a bike for sale only have 1700 miles on it, especially a Stelvio that is so easy to rack up the miles on?

Tom
2014 Stelvio NTX
2008 1200 Sport - sold

Vasco DG

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 09:16:06 PM »
I'd say this is heck of a deal.  How can a bike for sale only have 1700 miles on it, especially a Stelvio that is so easy to rack up the miles on?

Tom

Probably because it doesn't run particularly well and drinks fuel.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 09:16:06 PM »

beetle

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 09:23:46 PM »
if you like Power Commanders and such.    People say that these "Transform the Bike"

They do. Just like cancer does to normal cells.

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 02:05:07 PM »
3+ year old bike.  He did not mention the euro lights, a nice upgrade.  The bike still has the OEM aux lights.  The 'upgrades' don't change the value much on any motrcycle.  Low miles might make you feel better about the price but...still far from a new bike.  As for the ECM/PC/Autotune....not the way I'd go.  No mention of roller cams so it's probably flat tappet.  Some worry about that, I don't.

Peter Y.
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Offline Red07

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 02:27:32 PM »
I've always thought the Stelvio was "kind of" goofy looking, if not ugly.  Something I would never own.  But slowly I've been coming around.  I sat on one at The Motocycle Shop and it really changed my mind.  The ergos really make sense.  Feels like a big dirt bike.

Of all the bikes Guzzi offers, I'd say the Stelvio is at the top of my list.  It is the one I find myself checking out all the time.  It would compliment the ole Griso nicely.  Ads like this make it very tempting.

Randy

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 04:18:03 PM »
I've always thought the Stelvio was "kind of" goofy looking, if not ugly.  Something I would never own.  But slowly I've been coming around.  I sat on one at The Motocycle Shop and it really changed my mind.  The ergos really make sense.  Feels like a big dirt bike.

Of all the bikes Guzzi offers, I'd say the Stelvio is at the top of my list.  It is the one I find myself checking out all the time.  It would compliment the ole Griso nicely.  Ads like this make it very tempting.

Randy

That's been exactly my feeling when I was searching the world of bikes to find the one Fay and I wanted.    I don't like the craggy look of the "big adventure bikes" in general, whether they be BMW or Guzzi or KTM or whatever, and the Stelvio is about the craggiest looking one.

The "image" I'd really like to people to see (and it matters a little bit to all of us even if we think it doesn't) would be more like a Triumph Sprint GT or a Yamaha FJR-1300.

But functionally and ergonomically, nothing beat the Stelvio after considerable test rides, so that's what we rolled with.   The looks are growing on me because it does so well; perception of "form" is following the fact of "function" in this case.

Lannis

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 07:03:54 PM »
If Guzzitech did some sort of ECU magic on it.. why would it need a power commander?  I thought the power commander thingy replaces an ecu?
I guess I'm showing my ignorance of these things here (never seen a power commander--- dont know shit about tuning an ecu)
Is adding a power commander something Guzzitech recommends???  after you spend $$hundreds$$ to send them an ECU for mapping, you still need to buy a powrcomander on top of that??
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 08:37:18 PM »
Heck, I'm just happy to see a '12 Stelvio with less miles than mine has.  I'm feeling severely deprived with only coming up on 6K miles in the last 3 years.  What a busy last 3 years this has been. 

Those upgrades wouldn't matter to me.  I really don't see how you can transform the bike any better unless you put a real horn on it.  Mine seems perfect as is. :undecided:

That said, it is one heck of a deal and I hope mine is still worth about that, because I don't owe anywhere near that on mine...I don't think.
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited

Offline Cage Free

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 10:40:09 PM »
$10500. is way more than I figure my 13 in perfect condition  with 17k miles is worth.  I'm always looking for my next bike and am hoping this one retains it value like my 12 Griso did which is now for sale by its latest owner on San Diego cl for 8900.obo ...10 k miles by the way

beetle

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 10:47:47 PM »
If Guzzitech did some sort of ECU magic on it.. why would it need a power commander?

Mr Mayor, that is an excellent question. Everyone on Guzziland should ponder that.

I know the answer of course, but the fanboys would call me a hater.

Vasco DG

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 03:33:35 AM »
And I can't understand why it's 'Hating' when it's a criticism of a product that has been PAID FOR and found wanting?

No personal attacks, no bashing. Simply a critique of a product sold for a substantial sum of money. Are people not allowed an objective view any more.

Plenty of people reckon I'm full of shit. That's fine. Worries me not a jot.

Pete

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 08:23:26 AM »

Mr Mayor, that is an excellent question. Everyone on Guzziland should ponder that.

I know the answer of course, but the fanboys would call me a hater.

Don't worry about that.   "Hater" is a word used by the intolerant who can't STAND to see that someone has an opinion different from theirs.   

You should "recruit" being called a "hater".   It flushes the bigots out to where you can see them.

Lannis

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here