Author Topic: Public Thank You  (Read 2213 times)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Public Thank You
« on: June 13, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »
I want to thank members of the board and other members of the Moto Guzzi community that give me lots of assistance on my vacation to the midwest.

Originally Bev and I were going on a 6 week vacation starting at the Indy 500, going to the National and ending in MN Rally.  Unfortunately, a small incident where the the EV fell (as documented in a earlier post) and more importantly Bev grew progressively ill.  We cut the trip short after having a great time at Indy, Lake Michigan, Chicago, the Vintage Races and Elkhart, and Kansas City.

We got home on Weds after three weeks on the road.  Bev went to the doctor on Thursday, where she was sent to the ER.  The nurse looked at her and immediately sent her on to the ER before doing the paper work.  Bottom-line, she was 75% out of blood (3 units vs 12).  She spent the night in the hospital and took 4 units of blood.  They did an upper GI and discovered 3 small ulcers.  The thinking is that she has been loosing blood for months.  She's home, doing much better, taking meds to give her iron.  She's going to be scoped next week.  So far, she's much better and pretty tried.

She was a real trooper on the trip and enjoyed herself when she didn't have to walk.  Looking back, we should've gotten her help right away.  Never the less, we did have a great trip and met many great folks along the way.

Chuck in Indiana-  Chuck invited us his house where he had organized a parts round up and fixed the tail light.  Bev and I rode the EV many hundred miles after.  We met up with Chuck (and Brad) at Elkhart.  I had a great time, we even went around the track together.  Chuck and Dorcia (and Bob, Bob, etc.) invited us to dinner on Memorial Day.  What super people.

Joe in Chicago- Thanks to Chuck, I met Joe at the Indy 500.  Joe brought me an EV tail light bracket.  This was the piece that we installed at Chuck's place.  I also met Joe and his son again at Elkhart. 

Chris in Wisconsin-  Chris organized a superb camp out at the Vintage races.  Chris and I took a day and rode together around the Kettle Morraine.  Then he and Judy invited us to dinner at their lovely home.  I also met Rod from Iowa there.  Again, great times.

Walter in KS-  Thanks for the new rear fender.  Chuck was able to get the deal done.

One final bit.  I was able to get a replacement latch (and extra key) for the Hebco Becker Junior Bag from Moto Machines in Stirling Va.  The latch was sent to my door.  I was able take some of the dent out of the bag with a hot air gun.  The new latch riveted right in.  Next will step is to install the new rear fender and the bike will look great.

I want to thank everyone that helped and called us with their wishes.  It was great to meet you all along the way.  I hope we can do it again with less drama and better health. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Public Thank You
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 02:10:18 PM »
John,

Sorry to hear Bev is having problems. This is the 1st I've heard of this. Hope she's feeling better. She's a sweet gal for sure.

John S.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 03:03:34 PM »
Short memory ? :grin:

Dusty

No Dusty, I've been brainwashed by gummt imposed hospital reglations (HIPPA) I'm afraid if I say to much, there will be another form to sign or a checklist of some sort. Maybe even a trip on the carpet. You can't care about people and let anybody know SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

lucydad

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »
Lots of fine folks here, salt of the earth.

Get well...

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 06:59:10 PM »
Sorry we missed you while you were in the 'hood.  Praying that Bev gets well immediately.  Looking forward to seeing both of you at CV next year, if not sooner somehow.
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »
thanks for your good thoughts and wishes. 

Family, friends and neighbors have been helpful.  Bev is tried but feeling better.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 10:20:09 PM »
Had fun hanging with you and your better half John at Elkhart.  I had no idea she was doing so unwell, but very happy to hear you have got Bev on the mend, she does some pretty serious needle work I noticed!
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 10:23:44 PM »
Chad, you're a hoot.  It was great to finally meet you.   :grin:

Appreciate your kind words for Bev.
John L 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here