Author Topic: 2014 Guzzi California Custom (Need Some Enlightment)  (Read 1401 times)

Offline zebraranger

• Gosling
2014 Guzzi California Custom (Need Some Enlightment)
« on: July 25, 2017, 10:10:33 AM »
As some of you know, I'm fairly new to Guzzi's. I'm a long time rider, mostly on Triumphs and a couple of other brands. Last Christmas I purchased my first Guzzi, a 2016 Griso SE. Now I have the MG bug and I'm looking for my 2nd MG, a beautiful silver 2014 California Custom with less than 900 miles on it. Based on the original purchase date, it still has about 6 months left on the manufacturers warranty, and it hasn't has its first service as of yet. I'm hoping that some of you in the know can tell me if there are any known issues or concerns with the 2014 model, or if there's anything in general that I should know about this gorgeous machine. Thanks in advance.

Lcarlson

Re: 2014 Guzzi California Custom (Need Some Enlightment)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 10:24:27 AM »
Some earlier models had crossover pipes that were prone to break, but that may have been corrected by the 2014 MY. AT 12,000 miles, I've had no issues with mine.

Offline roadventure

• Gosling
  • There is no try; There is only do.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:37:19 PM »
Some earlier models had crossover pipes that were prone to break, but that may have been corrected by the 2014 MY. AT 12,000 miles, I've had no issues with mine.

No, the exhaust system had not been corrected by 2014 (the first model year).  Mine broke at around 9000 miles and is now re-welded.  I am just waiting for it to break again.  The only other "issues" relate to bonehead design such as requiring that the rear wheel be removed to drain the rear gear oil and an almost impossible to change air filter. Otherwise, it is a good bike!
dave
Millville, DE

"Moto Guzzi....you're never more than 500 miles from your nearest dealer"

Offline zebraranger

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 09:06:12 AM »
Good information, thank you very much.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 09:06:12 AM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here