Author Topic: Did you ride your bike today?  (Read 29480 times)

Offline Dofin

• Gosling
Re: Did you ride your bike today?
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »
I can relate big time.  Ride 100 miles just to find some hilly corners (NOT mountains just some tiny rises with some slightly banked turns.  Some times all you can get are on and off ramps!! 
76' Yamaha RD400
76' Suzuki GT500
89' Honda PC800
15' Guzzi V7 Stone

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2017, 04:57:39 AM »
I can relate big time.  Ride 100 miles just to find some hilly corners (NOT mountains just some tiny rises with some slightly banked turns.  Some times all you can get are on and off ramps!!
A bit different here in western NC!  The only time I've ever dropped a bike was a year ago off of the driveway of a house we were renting.  It was a blind driveway with a steep incline to the road and sharp camber which meant you got a head of steam up the driveway then looked for traffic left/right then decided whether to stop or continue into the road. All's well until I'm heading up at the right speed when a cat crossed in front of me slowing my approach, and then a car came by preventing me from accelerating through.  Had to slow, leaned over, mid incline, failed to keep my rpm up enough, stalled the bike and the slow drop commenced including a toss from the bike of yours truly down the hill on the side of the driveway. Woke my older daughter up who was visiting to help me right the bike and get it back on the driveway, and other than a scuff on the pannier, good as new.   Mountains are a blessing, but sometimes a mixed blessing.  Several lessons learned, but I might have made the save if I had been feathering the clutch with much higher rpm.  Glad I had full gear including leather overpants, would have banged my head and cut up my leg adding injury to insult.  Coming from the hills and small mountains of northern Appalachia to the more ferocious inclines of the southern Appalachians has certainly increased my respect for what Newton's gravity can do if you don't line things up just right.  Confession of riding sins over for the day.
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

Offline rudolf35

• New Egg
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »
Ride one of them to work every day; if there is no rain - DfW commuter traffic is bad, with rain it is insane.
 :thumb:

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »
Yes. The Mighty Scura and the Aero Lario. Life is good..  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2017, 03:43:37 PM »
I rode the bicycle 20 miles and got home to find out that a customer paid for an order, which is a good reason to go for a ride on the Mille to the Post Office, taking the long way home, of course.  Monday is a Postal holiday, so I couldn't let the box sit around 'till Tuesday, after all.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2017, 07:10:59 PM »
Swapped ECU's, reset fuelbox, tryout my settings, perfect!!  Blew the freaking cobbs out of the EV. If you don't ride for a bit then you have to get it all out as they say. 
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2017, 08:32:55 PM »

misery loves company.   :thumb:

I can't wait to get to Arkansas  (going in slow motion out of the door) (in May).
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline drums4money

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2017, 05:34:13 PM »
Yup!
got a couple of miles today. .great mental health afternoon.

hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing...liar

1200 Sport , Monster S2R, MV Agusta B3 800

Old School Audio:
http://oldschoolaudio.wix.com/headphones

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2017, 05:53:58 PM »
Yep, Fay and I rode to the 3rd Saturday Guzzi Lunch.

11 of us there, all like-minded folks in all the ways that matter.   A Beemer, a Wee-Strom, an old Yammie 1100 four, a KLR, and a bunch of Guzzis from an Eldorado to a carb Sport.

We took the back roads home.   Felt good to be out on a real trip again, not just keeping the oil circulating ... !

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »
I missed the Guzzi brunch here.. Had to go help the parents at the lake and plow snow.

But Then it got near 60 so took bike for a quick 50..

Amazing temps for Feb in Mpls

MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline slowmover

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Locked in the arms of a crazy life
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2017, 07:59:24 PM »
i did cuz we broke a record  for warmth today. How great to ride in February on a country road.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:05:11 PM by slowmover »

Offline Scud

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »
Yes, I rode my Italian thumper today.

1989 Moto Guzzi LeMans
2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura
2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
2017 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2020 Yamaha TW200

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2017, 12:42:55 PM »
Posted up on Galveston ' s Sea Wall to watch the Mardi Gras Festivities.

People camp overnight to secure a good spot along the parade routes, creating several miles of RV's, BBQ pits, and revelers.

Rich Folks Style

Guzzi Style

Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Offline flower_king001

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2017, 05:27:58 PM »
I actually rode two of my three Guzzi's today. It was in the mid-70's here in mid/south TN so I was off on the hunt in the area to spot another Guzzi. Came back empty handed  :angry: So off the EV and on to the Breva 1100 to scout some more! Another day like today the Lemans IV will have to come out of her nest!  :grin:
Current Fleet

1971 BMW R90/5
1986 Moto Guzzi Lemans IV 1000
1998 Moto Guzzi 1100 EV
2005 BMW 1200 RT
2007 BMW 1200 GS
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100

Offline Green1000S

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2017, 05:39:49 PM »

340 miles today.
First to Ingram's Diner in Maryland to eat bacon and eggs with other Guzzista's and then over/down/over/down the Pennsylvania mountains.
Lauri
2014 Green Stelvio NTX
2016 Stornello #101
1972 Bultaco Matador SD
2016 KTM Duke 390
49cc 1921 Guzzi Board Track Racer;-)
1968 Riverside MW 125
1972 Bultaco Matador M82 Six Days
2 Robin's + 1/2 doz other mopeds

Ciao!

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2017, 05:50:58 PM »
been riding the last few days.  Probably 200 miles puttering around the last 3 days. Always some nice days in Feb.  Also smoked a chuck roast....very good.

There was a bike show at the Fairgrounds, knew several folks with bikes there, saved $15 and didn't attend and rode instead (Guzzi content  :grin:)
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2017, 06:15:28 PM »
Only 50mi  never got past turd gear.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Moto

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2017, 08:04:57 PM »
Yes! It was sunny and in the low 60's today in southern Wisconsin! I took my Griso out for a 50-mile spin in the driftless region.

Mid-February is a bit unusual for this around here.

Moto

By the way, I noticed condensation on the underside of the dashboard's clear cover at the end of my ride, a classic terrarium symptom of the sun warming up the works below while the air kept the cover cool. This happened even though my bike was inside all winter, and even though I'd cycled the air through the desiccant at least once during that period. 

So I ran the desiccating pump again when I got home. It continues to seem like coating the dashboard PCB should be more effective than my desiccant setup in the long run.

A bit off-topic, but I didn't want to revive the old Griso dash moisture thread just for this report.

M.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:14:30 PM by Moto »

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2017, 08:38:03 PM »
Yes.

I actually didn't ride yesterday (Saturday) but went out with a good neighbor and did some clay pigeon busting.  Great time!

However, today was a different story.  Our Feb temps were in the mid 50s (F) today, it was sunny, which helped. 

So, the old R100GS sputtered to a start fairly quickly, and we were off to an 85-90 mile ride ..... nothing too exciting, just pleasant.  The old Beemer did what she always does ........ delivers a satisfying ride, with the old flat twin sounding and running like a well-balanced turbine.  She's a good old bike that just keeps on givvin', even after 150,000 miles.  I'm the original owner.  Trouble free? No.  But any issues were easily remedied.

Bob

BTW ... tomorrow's weather looks almost as nice as todays .... so, we'll probably do a repeat.

I'd have taken the Guzzi, but she needs a new oil pressure sensor and engine temperature sensor.  I believe the ECU must be getting readings several degrees below actual, causing some issues.

Bob
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:58:58 PM by ohiorider »
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Offline flip

• Gaggle Hero
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2017, 09:36:20 PM »
I actually rode about 5 miles around town today (small town!)  It felt good. The battery was down in my Breva so I took it out and put it on a charger. I took my Shiver. I know it's not a Guzzi but it's close.

North Carolina

Offline dee g

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2017, 06:37:46 PM »
Not today.

Online Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2017, 08:20:47 PM »
Unfortunetly it was raining this morning when I left for work. So headed to work in the truck. Shoulda known better, the rain was a heavy drizzel and almost stopped when I got to work.

Tomorrow should be one of the Loops. The EV is still laid up until the timing chain tansioner shows up at the door. Then assemble and test before I ride it to work.

Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2017, 09:25:24 PM »
Yes.

Cycle speedo arrived at the son's work; the "parts bike" mini chopper did not have one. Registered 50cc machines don't have need a warrant but it must be of Wof standard. As it is quite rorty I think it may be circumspect to have it up there, as the Grandson is bound to give it heaps. Gave me a good excuse to go for a ride, as if one needs an excuse!. :grin:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2017, 05:33:30 AM »
Played Freddie Spencer today!  Beautiful Feb. day with new ride (NGC)

'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Online normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »
Yes, FINALLY. Clear weather and no need to haul cargo finally arrived on the same day. Twas fun to go from seventy to a hundred in fourth to move out of a collapsing pocket and move up into a big open space all my own for most of my commute. Temps in the fifties in the morning and the bike loves it.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »
Yep. Rode  little over 300 miles in the last two days.

Offline lorengo70

• New Egg
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2017, 03:05:25 PM »
Got to 55 degrees here in Toronto over the week end. Took the girl out of her winter slumber for a ride in the country side. Will be riding her to work this week as the mild temperatures will stay with us for a few days. Feels good to ride again!.

2016 V7 II Stone (Black)
2015 Suzuki TU250

Online Dukedesmo

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2017, 01:07:28 PM »
No, but I did on Monday.

First ride on the new (raised) seat, a lot more comfortable as my knees are not so acutely bent to the pegs plus don't touch the heads;

Le Mans II
Ducati 916
Ducati M900

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2017, 01:20:28 PM »
No, but I did on Monday.

First ride on the new (raised) seat, a lot more comfortable as my knees are not so acutely bent to the pegs plus don't touch the heads;

That DOES look like a lot of fun to ride.   Those bars are one style that I've never tried for any distance.   Some people ride across the country with them; they look effective, but I have no idea what they'd feel like on a  long trip into the wind ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2017, 02:50:51 PM »
 60 degrees F today, usually February  is the coldest month with below zero....Took a ride on the 96 Ducati 900 M...The roads are dirty with ashes, sand, and whatever left over from the deicing chemicals...Treache rous turns and intersections...but I still managed to exceed the posted speed limit at ever opportunity...

I dragged out the double engine LSR lump for some air. My wife told me to pose with the bike, then asked why I stodgy in front of scrap steel pile.....Still waiting for a piston(s) to replace the one that got hammered....just over two months to go before race season starts...

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:52:04 PM by Rough Edge racing »

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here