Author Topic: You can't do this on that! (Nuovo Falcone content)  (Read 2002 times)

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
You can't do this on that! (Nuovo Falcone content)
« on: September 22, 2017, 02:29:26 AM »
Oh yes you can  :evil:

(sorry about the FB link to my photo album - but it's safe  :thumb:)

Nick

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2033019543593707.1073741859.100006570435381&type=1&l=ed887a6446

Here's a wee taste

Offline Peter949

• PeterCaliII
  • Hatchling
  • 84 Cali II
Re: You can't do this on that! (Nuovo Falcone content)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 06:53:45 AM »
Looks like a perfect road trip for your Falcone. The photos of those smooth gravel roads, and the beautiful lakes in Quebec are great!

Possibly an old Eldorado could manage this little trip?   :rolleyes:

Peter

1984  Cali II
Aprilia 125 Sportcity Scooter

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 07:32:55 AM »
Thanks for that travelogue.   No problem looking at photos on FB as long as I don't have to "log in" to something.

I'm glad you took pictures of that sand-and-gravel road, because that's the only way I'm seeing THAT scenery from the back of a bike!   Until/unless I buy something that weighs about half of what the bikes weigh that I've got now .....

I can just hear that NF pop-pop-popping along now.   Rode one once, really enjoyed it.   A step above my BSA M21 in terms of road performance, too.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:25 AM »
Thanks for that travelogue.   No problem looking at photos on FB as long as I don't have to "log in" to something.

I'm glad you took pictures of that sand-and-gravel road, because that's the only way I'm seeing THAT scenery from the back of a bike!   Until/unless I buy something that weighs about half of what the bikes weigh that I've got now .....

I can just hear that NF pop-pop-popping along now.   Rode one once, really enjoyed it.   A step above my BSA M21 in terms of road performance, too.

Lannis

Thanks Lannis. The M21 must be really slow. On the paved roads I can manage a steady 55mph as long as it's dead flat and there's no headwind - at all. Add those in and speed drops accordingly.  I was literally the slowest thing on the road. Double trailer logging trucks would pass me going up hill. My last day (all paved) was 947 km (588 miles) in 14 hours.  My backside is a bit tender today  :weiner:

Nick

Nick

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:25 AM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 08:29:41 AM »
Thanks Lannis. The M21 must be really slow. On the paved roads I can manage a steady 55mph as long as it's dead flat and there's no headwind - at all. Add those in and speed drops accordingly.  I was literally the slowest thing on the road. Double trailer logging trucks would pass me going up hill. My last day (all paved) was 947 km (588 miles) in 14 hours.  My backside is a bit tender today  :weiner:

Nick

My M21's "happy speed" that it will hold all day and up and down some reasonable hills is 48 MPH.   As you say, headwinds and longer hills drop it to 40 or 45 MPH.   If you have to run a couple miles of Interstate to get from one road to another, it WILL touch 60 MPH but it ain't happy.

I took a 2000 mile trip on it one year; if you manage your roads and use good sense, it does just fine.   I always had the impression that the NF was 5 - 10 MPH faster all around, which STILL means you have to manage your roads and be aware of who is behind you.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline MGrego

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 11:29:15 AM »
Thanks for the pictures -- that ride looks like it was a lot of fun !

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here