Author Topic: You know what I hate ?  (Read 5674 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: You know what I hate ?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2018, 10:48:56 AM »
:1:
Hopefully you need it very seldom. Hate is a a powerful and ugly word.

I think so too, but I've been told on this very board that when I object to the adjective "Hater" in oft-used phrases such as "Haters gonna hate" (applied to any difference of opinion these days), that "hate" is just a millennial term that's colloquial and doesn't really mean what it says ... ?

I'm so confused.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

oldbike54

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 11:21:04 AM »
Some painful things get easier the more they happen. hit your finger with a hammer, lose your favorite fishing lure, a dent in your truck.
But losing your best buddy, one you have seen go from nutball, to a trusted friend, one who could read your feelings and comfort you with just a look, only gets harder.
If only we could all go with our best friends, no one would have to suffer with the sorrow.
rescue a homeless companion. one who may have been neglected, mistreated, not appreciated.
believe me, they will show you their thanks every day.

I've had to dig 5 graves over the last 15 years , sometimes waiting until dark , or when it was raining so no one else could witness the tears .

Yes to the rescue thing , lately my philosophy about the man/dog relationship has coalesced into
this , maybe the relationship should be viewed thru the concept that what really matters is the overall relationship , not simply the bond you share with one dog , but the friendship we have with all dogs . What they provide us with can never truly be repaid , the balance of the friendship is always tilted in our favor .

Dusty

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 11:38:09 AM »
I've had to dig 5 graves over the last 15 years , sometimes waiting until dark , or when it was raining so no one else could witness the tears .

Yes to the rescue thing , lately my philosophy about the man/dog relationship has coalesced into
this , maybe the relationship should be viewed thru the concept that what really matters is the overall relationship , not simply the bond you share with one dog , but the friendship we have with all dogs . What they provide us with can never truly be repaid , the balance of the friendship is always tilted in our favor .

Dusty
I've been volunteering at rescues, shelters and animal control since I was a kid.
You can't help smiling when they recognize you coming. Showing them people can be kind to them, exercising them, foster if you can, even just sitting in their kennels can make a huge difference and make the transition to a forever family easier.

oldbike54

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 11:44:57 AM »
I've been volunteering at rescues, shelters and animal control since I was a kid.
You can't help smiling when they recognize you coming. Showing them people can be kind to them, exercising them, foster if you can, even just sitting in their kennels can make a huge difference and make the transition to a forever family easier.

Yep .

Over the years mostly a dog chose me , and not the other way around . Two of the best ones went to great effort to secure their place , leaving a bad home for a better one . They don't care if you are wealthy , handsome , talented , or even nice smelling . In fact , they seem to prefer it when you come home smelling of sweat and dirt  :smiley:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 11:44:57 AM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2018, 11:54:12 AM »

That is a rough one alright . The final act of kindness is very hard

It IS hard, but necessary.   Unlike people, dogs don't understand the concept of accepting present suffering for some sort of future benefit.   Too many people try to keep their old friend around for their OWN sake, not the animal's.

As I realized how men and dogs first got together (the dog accepted food and fire from the man, and in return helped him hunt and protect his family and tribe), I've started to honor that relationship in a new way.   Our Jack has always had his one well-balanced meal a day, and the occasional treat for doing something well.

But in memory of the ancient campfire relationship, any time now that I eat anything away from the dinner table (grabbing a quick lunch, buying road food, cooking something outdoors), I make a point to always share a bit of whatever I'm eating (meat or cheese, he won't touch anything else) with Jack.    He doesn't "beg", but I know he appreciates it, and his instincts tell him it's an ancient compact ... !

Lannis

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2018, 12:01:24 PM »
It IS hard, but necessary.   Unlike people, dogs don't understand the concept of accepting present suffering for some sort of future benefit.   Too many people try to keep their old friend around for their OWN sake, not the animal's.

As I realized how men and dogs first got together (the dog accepted food and fire from the man, and in return helped him hunt and protect his family and tribe), I've started to honor that relationship in a new way.   Our Jack has always had his one well-balanced meal a day, and the occasional treat for doing something well.

But in memory of the ancient campfire relationship, any time now that I eat anything away from the dinner table (grabbing a quick lunch, buying road food, cooking something outdoors), I make a point to always share a bit of whatever I'm eating (meat or cheese, he won't touch anything else) with Jack.    He doesn't "beg", but I know he appreciates it, and his instincts tell him it's an ancient compact ... !

Lannis

well said, Lannis. its a relationship I appreciate and am careful not to break faith. I don't understand people that can abandon a dog with no thought to that bond.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2018, 04:07:40 PM »

well said, Lannis. its a relationship I appreciate and am careful not to break faith. I don't understand people that can abandon a dog with no thought to that bond.

Or beat the hell out of the thing because it is small and dependent on it's owner.  What a real low life it is that beats a small animal.

I hate people who abuse animals.

NC

Offline Toecutter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2018, 04:13:22 PM »
If there was any "great plan" to existence, it would be proven by dogs and their owners having the same lifespan.

I would have happily given up 50% of my remaining years, so my old girl could have had them.
Old enough to say I've done it, young enough to do it again.

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2018, 04:31:06 PM »
If there was any "great plan" to existence, it would be proven by dogs and their owners having the same lifespan.

I would have happily given up 50% of my remaining years, so my old girl could have had them.
I couldn't agree more. When one of my best friends pass, they take a piece of my heart with them, I promise them I will be with them again 

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2018, 03:03:42 AM »
You know what I hate ?
I hate it when you're so enamoured with the fuel consumption figures your bike has been returning, that 430 k's BEFORE the light comes on, is getting to be the "new normal".
So you decide you're gunna' try for 500 k's to a tank so you can show off and splash it all over the forum.
You are 430 k's into a 498 k trip and the light hasn't come on...
Just as you pass the last exit before your destination @432 k, on comes the light and you're now committed to do the 500 k's 'cos there's no servo between you and your destination.
Thinking if the bragging rights are gunna' seem worthwhile if you run outta' fuel.

(ps....I didn't)

You know what else I hate ?
I hate it when you've left your bike and come back to find it's now pouring rain, so you put on ALL your wet weather gear and jump on the bike to head off.
Go to start up and realise you've still got the key in your pocket under 5 layers.
Peel away the layers and reach into your shirt with wet hands to get the key and drop it into your waterproofs feeling it rattle down towards the wedding tackle, necessitating removal of said waterproofs.
Meanwhile some young lady trots out to her Fiat Panda in a mini skirt with umbrella and drives away in total comfort...
Someone remind me,
"Why am I doing this again...?"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:14:02 AM by Huzo »

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2018, 05:20:44 AM »
You know what I hate ?
I hate it when you're so enamoured with the fuel consumption figures your bike has been returning, that 430 k's BEFORE the light comes on, is getting to be the "new normal".
So you decide you're gunna' try for 500 k's to a tank so you can show off and splash it all over the forum.
You are 430 k's into a 498 k trip and the light hasn't come on...
Just as you pass the last exit before your destination @432 k, on comes the light and you're now committed to do the 500 k's 'cos there's no servo between you and your destination.
Thinking if the bragging rights are gunna' seem worthwhile if you run outta' fuel.

(ps....I didn't)

You know what else I hate ?
I hate it when you've left your bike and come back to find it's now pouring rain, so you put on ALL your wet weather gear and jump on the bike to head off.
Go to start up and realise you've still got the key in your pocket under 5 layers.
Peel away the layers and reach into your shirt with wet hands to get the key and drop it into your waterproofs feeling it rattle down towards the wedding tackle, necessitating removal of said waterproofs.
Meanwhile some young lady trots out to her Fiat Panda in a mini skirt with umbrella and drives away in total comfort...
Someone remind me,
"Why am I doing this again...?"

young ladies in miniskirts, and Fiats are NOT on my hate list.

oldbike54

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2018, 03:45:29 PM »
young ladies in miniskirts, and Fiats are NOT on my hate list.

Nor are Pandas .

Dusty

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2018, 05:15:08 PM »
Tch, tch, tch.

SO much negativity these days!!   

We're going to need a counterbalancing "You know what I love?" thread, I suspect.

Lannis

Awwww Lannis............a ren't we the little ray of friggin' sunshine????  :wink:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2018, 05:25:22 PM »
There are only two things I really hate.  People who cannot respect a different culture.   And the Dutch. 
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2018, 06:03:01 PM »
Awwww Lannis............a ren't we the little ray of friggin' sunshine????  :wink:

Well, the "What pisses you off?" thread started spreading dreary-wearies all over the place, so it was balanced out with a "What makes you smile?" thread, including puppies.

I figured this one might need the same thing.   But maybe not.

Lannis

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2018, 07:00:33 PM »
Well, the "What pisses you off?" thread started spreading dreary-wearies all over the place, so it was balanced out with a "What makes you smile?" thread, including puppies.

Lannis

I dig 'ya cat!

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2018, 07:06:56 PM »
Hate might be a strong word, but you know what really burns my ass.........well, you know.

No really, how about that sniffling sneezing little bastard at the salad bar that's shorter than the Plexiglas screen OOOmaaaannnnn!

THEN he drops garbanzo beans in the pickled beats, enough to piss off the pope!

rant over.......feel better now  :wink:

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2018, 11:17:19 PM »

Lannis
You make a good point Lannis, so in the interest of balance...

Q. You know what I love ?
A. Reading about what people hate...!

To be perfectly honest, it's not about what you hate.
It's just a segue into commentary about the human condition.
All said in jest.

Although I DO hate seeing criminals of the worst kind getting off due to the weasel gutted instincts of some bottom feeding scum sucking attorney, while the poor victim has to walk away defeated and live with the emotional and (sometimes) physical scars for the rest of their lives, because they can't afford as good a liar as their opposition.
But that's a story for another day.... :cry: :boxing:
Hey, at least they got him out of Italy and back to my home town of Ballarat.
Hell of a shame he has the same initials as the worlds top class motorcycle competition....
But I digress.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:27:30 PM by Huzo »

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2018, 08:31:01 AM »
I simply hated it when I woke up this morning to 63 degrees Fahrenheit at 5am - and the weather forecast is calling for 82 degrees and sunny, with a light breeze.

Oh wait - no I don't.

Never mind.

Please, continue.

:bike-037:

Offline trippah

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2018, 08:46:07 AM »
My grandpa used to say, a dog a decade; and in that way he'd smile and say what was great about each decade of his life (at least until he hit 80 when his latest wife demanded he switch to cats....he then grumbled a lot).

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2018, 07:42:49 PM »
My grandpa used to say, a dog a decade; and in that way he'd smile and say what was great about each decade of his life (at least until he hit 80 when his latest wife demanded he switch to cats....he then grumbled a lot).

You know what I like to think?   I like to think that on some level, dogs communicate with each other like this:

I just called my dog over to me and told him what a good dog he is for protecting the house at night, keeping varmints out of the garden, making sure we're not bored, and going with us everywhere and making us look good and making people happy seeing and petting him.

It's the least I can do.  Some day, it'll be too late.

Lannis

Online Guzler

• New Egg
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2018, 12:17:46 AM »
I hate what happened yesterday. Strapping my helmet on at the grocery, a little old lady in a motorized wheelchair asked if I wanted to drag race her. I said no, she might have extra batteries under her dress.
Does my T-3 make me look slow?

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2018, 02:39:32 AM »
....little baby ducks, old pickup trucks
Slow-movin' trains and rain
I love little country streams,....
Tom T Hall..?

Offline wheaties

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2018, 04:15:50 PM »
2011 California Black Eagle
2014 Norge

Offline fubar guzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2018, 05:00:53 PM »
What I hate is-- - cold coffee-----wet toilet paper----+some sorry ass sombitch that

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2018, 05:25:53 PM »
What I hate is-- - cold coffee-----wet toilet paper----+some sorry ass sombitch that
yeah, I never understood ice coffee, or putting sugar or milk in it

Offline et18

• Hatchling
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2018, 09:02:58 PM »
I hate it when I'm sitting on the throne, and suddenly discover that paper roll is bare.

I lose more socks that way......

That's the grossest thing I've laughed at in a while!
2014 California Touring
1994 BMW R1100RS
2001 BMW R1200C

Offline trippah

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2018, 08:04:48 AM »
Yep, my last dog, a newfie, would always place herself between her humans and the door; wether it was to protect us or to be the first one out in times of trouble she never explained to me, so I chose to believe the first. :laugh:

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2018, 12:10:27 PM »
Yep, my last dog, a newfie, would always place herself between her humans and the door; wether it was to protect us or to be the first one out in times of trouble she never explained to me, so I chose to believe the first. :laugh:
Chances are she was hoping you were going to let her accompany you on your next adventure.
A hike, a trip to the park, or just checking the mail. Our companions don't care, they just want to be with you, like a good friend they are.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2018, 03:53:24 PM »

Our Jack does that very thing.   He's saying "If you're going out that door somewhere, I'm going with you or know the reason why .... !"

Lannis

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here