Author Topic: Nice Centaura FS  (Read 3608 times)

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
Nice Centaura FS
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:26:55 AM »
Not mine, already have one. But would love to have the extras!
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/d/santa-clara-rare-1998-moto-guzzi-v10/6791938018.html
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Nice Centaura FS
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
It's a bargain..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online CT Dharma

• Hatchling
Re: Nice Centauro FS
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 12:12:37 PM »
Beautiful; would buy in a heartbeat if it were closer.  :drool:
1980 SP1000 original owner
1998 V10 Centauro
1982 Honda CX500TC Turbo
2012 Yamaha FJR 1300
2005 BMW R1100S BCR
1995 KTM Duke 620
1987 BMW K100RS

"When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive. When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive" - Neil Peart 1952-2020

Offline vonfilm

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:35:43 PM »
Wow. Wish it was here.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:35:43 PM »

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:47:08 PM »
That is a screaming deal!  Too bad the seller wont ship the bike. Someone local is going to luck out! :thumb:
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 01:11:45 PM »
wow very good price. no way I'd let mine go for that price. and that would be selling my extras separately.
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 06:37:45 PM »
Had one like it (GT version) in that same Fastest Color, and yes, that is a bargain.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 07:06:20 PM »
I drifted off for a minute there, thinking of parking it at my sisters place near there.... :drool:
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 07:59:53 PM »
Send Federated Motorcycle Transport over with a pallet, to pick it up...and have it dropped at your door.

SR

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 06:26:35 AM »

"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline usedtobefast

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 08:33:51 PM »

Don't know the owner ... but this is ~15 minutes away from me.  I can store in my garage and deal with a shipper or hold it until someone does a fly & ride.  (and by "deal with a shipper" I mean it can sit in my garage, you arrange shipper, I can meet them at my house at the appropriate time and hand the bike over to them)

2017 V7 iii Racer
2017 Griso
2016 Stornello
2000 Red Quota
Want a black/green 1000S big valve :)

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 09:41:41 PM »
Awefully nice of you to offer temp storage.   Great bike. Dude needs to RELAX on the “ cash only” part
1994 California 1100

Offline usedtobefast

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 10:22:25 AM »
What can be done to un-centauro this bike?  I'm not a fan of the style ... if you shed all the body work, what could fit on without much custom fitting work? 

Also not a fan of the V11 sport styling.  Something like a V7 tank and seat.  But I got no metal working skills.

Something like this:

2017 V7 iii Racer
2017 Griso
2016 Stornello
2000 Red Quota
Want a black/green 1000S big valve :)

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »
What can be done to un-centauro this bike?  I'm not a fan of the style ... if you shed all the body work, what could fit on without much custom fitting work? 

Also not a fan of the V11 sport styling.  Something like a V7 tank and seat.  But I got no metal working skills.

Something like this:

If you want something like what is in the photo then find an EV/Jackal/Bassa/etc. that it's based on, instead of hacking up a Centauro. Much easier to find and cheaper as well.
Charlie

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 11:27:46 AM »
If you want something like what is in the photo then find an EV/Jackal/Bassa/etc. that it's based on, instead of hacking up a Centauro. Much easier to find and cheaper as well.

Plus it's a SIN to hack up a Centauro

Offline Daleroso

• Gosling
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 11:52:48 AM »
So interesting. On one hand it's nice to see the accolades lifted up to the Centauro that I've always thought is one of the more daring & inspiring motorcycles.
On the other hand it's frustrating because all I heard here 3 years ago was how problematic the Centauro is. To extreme styling, high maintenance engine, belts needed changong annualy, oil pump WILL fail creating a non obtanium parts availability paper weight, internal gears that WILL shear, then it's only value is parting the remains out to others daring enough to own one.
I'll admit to being a self taught tinkerer & really good detailer & not a mechanic so offered it for sale @ the national in Oregon for $5,500 with fairing & chin spoiler.
Despite no offers no less than a dozen atendees approached me aside to compliment the Centauro.
As a result, through a finagled trade & sale here & there I now have an '18 Bonneville & just acquired a leftover '17 Griso so I'll enjoy them BUT since I walked around a red Centauro @ the then NC importer for 45 minutes when it 1st arrived I'll always be inspired by one.

Online jpv7

• Gosling
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 12:05:08 PM »
I remember sitting on a yellow one at Grattan raceway in Michigan '99 that Larry Klein brought with him (Canadian Ducati Owners Club event).  Larry used to bring his books with him too.

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 01:17:46 PM »
So interesting. On one hand it's nice to see the accolades lifted up to the Centauro that I've always thought is one of the more daring & inspiring motorcycles.
On the other hand it's frustrating because all I heard here 3 years ago was how problematic the Centauro is. To extreme styling, high maintenance engine, belts needed changong annualy, oil pump WILL fail creating a non obtanium parts availability paper weight, internal gears that WILL shear, then it's only value is parting the remains out to others daring enough to own one.
I'll admit to being a self taught tinkerer & really good detailer & not a mechanic so offered it for sale @ the national in Oregon for $5,500 with fairing & chin spoiler.
Despite no offers no less than a dozen atendees approached me aside to compliment the Centauro.
As a result, through a finagled trade & sale here & there I now have an '18 Bonneville & just acquired a leftover '17 Griso so I'll enjoy them BUT since I walked around a red Centauro @ the then NC importer for 45 minutes when it 1st arrived I'll always be inspired by one.

Damn I've had mine for about 14 years. I probably should get those belts changed. Other than some initial setup it's been oil changes and some basic maintenance.  With HB bags and the GT fairing, it's a great sport tourer.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 02:37:15 PM »

On the other hand it's frustrating because all I heard here 3 years ago was how problematic the Centauro is.

That's all you hear about almost ANY bike on ANY forum dedicated to it.   Doesn't matter if you go to a Guzzi forum, a BMW forum, a Honda forum, you're going to hear about every problem the bike ever had or ever might have had.

That's why it's not a great idea for an impressionable potential owner to go to a dedicated Internet forum to learn something about a bike that he's thinking about buying!   He'll get turned off in a second.

Buy it first, ride it some, THEN go to the forums (fora?) to find out about potential problems and what to do about them ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Daleroso

• Gosling
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 02:50:38 PM »
That's what I did. You're right. I'm low tech & was new to IT forums @ the time. Lesson learned. Yeehaaaaw.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 03:05:09 PM »
+1 with Lannis.  This bike is worth the effort and expense.  I already have one.  If I didn't I'd be on a plane.  Ride it down to San Diego for shipment to Kona.  :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 04:26:21 PM »
+1 with Lannis.  This bike is worth the effort and expense.  I already have one.  If I didn't I'd be on a plane.  Ride it down to San Diego for shipment to Kona.  :grin:

Good buy!!  If I did not have to pay "thousands" in Federal / State taxes this year, :rolleyes: :shocked:... I would buy this for a spare!!  I already have a '98 Centauro GT, as you all know...

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 04:27:47 PM »
You could get the velcro license plate.  :grin:  No advice from me.  :angel:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here