Author Topic: V7 III Clip ons?  (Read 5465 times)

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
V7 III Clip ons?
« on: January 22, 2019, 01:51:26 PM »
The Stone specifically, and I hate to get ahead of myself here it being January and all yet, but has anyone mounted clip ons on any v7 III that doesn't come with them from the factory? If I am able to follow through with getting a stone this year this is one of the first things I would like to do, can I assume they could clip on right under the signals just fine? They look like they would anyway. Would I really have to re-do the brake cable? Any pics out there?
2019 V7 III Stone " Murci "
1975 850T " Guzziaughtsix "

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
Re: V7 III Clip ons?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 06:46:17 PM »
I've the Laverda style multi adjustables hung low on the V7C & Tarozzi clip ons on the Special. Although the standard cables do fit, the shorter cables from the Racer are a better fit. I wouldn't expect the III to be significantly different - try the cables from the Racer.
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline usedtobefast

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 06:56:45 PM »
You could do something like an LSL speedbar.  You get a similar bend to clipons, just 2-3" higher.  Lots cheaper and easier than real clipons.

As for brake hose and cables and electrical, depends on how clean looking you want it to be.  Since you are going lower, I would assume all the stock stone stuff would work, just might look a bit goofy.
2017 V7 iii Racer
2017 Griso
2016 Stornello
2000 Red Quota
Want a black/green 1000S big valve :)

Offline jpv7

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 07:47:08 PM »
You could do something like an LSL speedbar.  You get a similar bend to clipons, just 2-3" higher.  Lots cheaper and easier than real clipons.

As for brake hose and cables and electrical, depends on how clean looking you want it to be.  Since you are going lower, I would assume all the stock stone stuff would work, just might look a bit goofy.
Did the lsl speed bar with my v7ii, and all the stock stuff went on perfectly.  For me, it's more comfortable than stock.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 07:47:08 PM »

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 03:15:42 AM »
I definitely had the tarozzis in mind for this, was the only thing I was considering in fact. I'll Google this lsl bar however. Would anyone have a pic of an lsl bar on their guzzi?

Offline jpv7

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 07:46:51 PM »

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 11:58:18 AM »

This reminds me, how did you make the bar end mirrors work? I think my heart is set on the tarozzi's but I have no idea how I'd go about mounting a proper weight/adapter to a plain hollow bar to accommodate the CRG's I already have. Do I locktite an adapter in there and then mount the mirrors on to that?

Offline jpv7

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 12:07:40 PM »
CRG has the expanding adapter for hollow bars (which is more common) - I already had them from my old Ducati.  Will post what i used if i can find it.

Offline jpv7

• Gosling

Offline Andy1

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 12:22:21 PM »
If you fit clip ons you may also want to fit rear sets.  The footrests are quite far forwards and I toyed with the idea of fitting Racer rearsets with the standard bars of my 2013 Stone.
Andyb

Offline jpv7

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »
Agree.  The agricultural rearsets that came on my '16 V7ii should have been installed on a snow blower, not bike.  And yes, it all depends on what you are used to (been riding Ducatis).

I installed the LSL rearsets from MG cycle.  They put your feet where they should be and are not extreme.  Not cheap but compare the alternatives...

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 12:53:15 PM »
If you fit clip ons you may also want to fit rear sets.  The footrests are quite far forwards and I toyed with the idea of fitting Racer rearsets with the standard bars of my 2013 Stone.
Andyb

Wow this is perfect, they even had a little video to spell it out for me, looks way easier than I thought it was going to be, thank you  :grin:

I'll probably make a separate post regarding the rear sets but I know what you guys mean, my 850T has a low sporty bar with the standard foot rests and at 6 feet tall I definitely feel scrunched up on the front of it a lot of the time, definitely more noticeable on a boring highway with not much going on

Offline poppe

• New Egg
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 04:34:08 PM »
Wow this is perfect, they even had a little video to spell it out for me, looks way easier than I thought it was going to be, thank you  :grin:

I'll probably make a separate post regarding the rear sets but I know what you guys mean, my 850T has a low sporty bar with the standard foot rests and at 6 feet tall I definitely feel scrunched up on the front of it a lot of the time, definitely more noticeable on a boring highway with not much going on

Did you ever get this done? Would love to see some of the progress you made!

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 01:23:23 PM »
Did you ever get this done? Would love to see some of the progress you made!

I actually just had my Tarozzis' arrive today, funny that you bumped this. I also have some Sato rearsets on the way as well as some Meg Slip ons from guzzitech

Offline Wile E Coyote

• New Egg
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2019, 12:29:32 PM »
So, is there any feedback for this?
Thank you.

Offline Roebling3

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2019, 10:55:26 PM »
I bought a racer to get the Ohlins & factory foot controls and added Legnano bars for ~1" more height. Of course dropping the triple clamps blew that away. But who knew? Clutch cable, brake hoses (s/s), and wire harness remain original.  R3~

Offline mr_pacman

• Hatchling
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 04:52:11 PM »
I bought a racer to get the Ohlins & factory foot controls and added Legnano bars for ~1" more height. Of course dropping the triple clamps blew that away. But who knew? Clutch cable, brake hoses (s/s), and wire harness remain original.  R3~

I'm just curious as to what you meant by "Of course dropping the triple clamps blew that away."

I've got a v7 racer and interested in getting some higher bars.  Are you suggesting that if you swap to the legnano bars for 1" more height, it's negated by dropping the trip clamp and you end up being the same overall height after the conversion?

Thanks
James

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here