Author Topic: New Hampshire bike club assault  (Read 1326 times)

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
New Hampshire bike club assault
« on: August 01, 2019, 05:14:53 PM »
There are people who were quick to blame the bike club, not necessarily here, but in the media.
Truth comes out. The club was on a charity ride for veterans. I felt no way would these people, Marine veterans,  put their loved ones in jeopardy by riding foolishly.

Report: Driver in crash that killed bikers was high on drugs
https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-driver-crash-killed-7-165102476.html

Offline chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
Re: New Hampshire bike club assault
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 08:26:28 AM »
And I bet it's likely the company hasn't been paying their insurance...and I bet the guy doesn't have insurance or assets...

Thanks for the update..
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 09:11:45 AM »
His uncle owned the company, they have a long history of trouble. Doubt they had insurance. Company folded now.
Why the law does not mandate a blood test in a major event like this, I have no idea.

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 11:11:58 AM »
His uncle owned the company, they have a long history of trouble. Doubt they had insurance. Company folded now.
Why the law does not mandate a blood test in a major event like this, I have no idea.

Does Connecticut not have mandatory blood tests in fatality crashes ? I thought most states did toxicology reports in those cases , interesting .

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 11:11:58 AM »

Offline ken farr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 11:14:01 AM »

It does, if it is a "regulated" vehicle, under Federal rules, CFR 49, part 395.

However, if the State or local jurisdiction isn't aware of, or doesn't care to enforce it, that is another story.

kjf
ken farr
06 B1100 - click!
Fillmore, Ca.

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 11:41:57 AM »
You can refuse, but you will lose your license for 180 days.
The state, as well as the PD dropped the ball on this one, because he had a DUI in Ct. About a month before this.
https://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/dui-refusal-blood-breath-urine-test/new-hampshire.htm

And then there's this: Zhukovskyy, of West Springfield, Massachusetts, had received a drunken-driving charge May 11 in Connecticut, which should have triggered the automatic termination of his commercial drivers license. It was the most recent of multiple drug- and traffic-related arrests in multiple states for Zhukovskyy prior to the crash. He's pleaded not guilty to seven counts of vehicular homicide.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2019/07/05/motorcycle-crash-randolph-new-hampshire-7-dead-drivers-suspended-dui-bikers/1658940001/

So there is no end to the screw ups involved.
Yet the media focused on those "Bad a$$ Harley guys with no helmets"
So be careful, assume no car/truck sees you, or gives a darn

Offline wittangamo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 01:03:46 PM »
Even worse. He was on drugs and reaching for a drink.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2019/08/01/new-hampshire-motorcycle-crash-report
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 01:04:50 PM by wittangamo »
Deceive, Inveigle and Obfuscate

Offline larrys

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 01:54:07 PM »
You can refuse, but you will lose your license for 180 days.
The state, as well as the PD dropped the ball on this one, because he had a DUI in Ct. About a month before this.
https://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/dui-refusal-blood-breath-urine-test/new-hampshire.htm

And then there's this: Zhukovskyy, of West Springfield, Massachusetts, had received a drunken-driving charge May 11 in Connecticut, which should have triggered the automatic termination of his commercial drivers license. It was the most recent of multiple drug- and traffic-related arrests in multiple states for Zhukovskyy prior to the crash. He's pleaded not guilty to seven counts of vehicular homicide.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2019/07/05/motorcycle-crash-randolph-new-hampshire-7-dead-drivers-suspended-dui-bikers/1658940001/

So there is no end to the screw ups involved.
Yet the media focused on those "Bad a$$ Harley guys with no helmets"
So be careful, assume no car/truck sees you, or gives a darn

And there's more! This accident investigation brought to light that MA DMV was taking notifications of driving arrests like the one that CT sent about this kid and just filing them away. There were over a thousand of them. The head of MA's DMV resigned over it. Plenty of .gov stoopidassery to go around.
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

Offline Roebling3

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 04:24:04 PM »
There's plenty of industrial scale shame to go around the RMV of MA.
The only decent thing was the MA Governor insisted on taking the blame in a publicized statement with CT Governor. When it comes to transportation here, in any form - by any means, we're dead last.  R3~   

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here