Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Why multis are better - Nerd-alert!
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 01:55:46 PM »
Ah!, I was wrong, here is the "better" from faffi's initial post. 

"This is where more cylinders really start to shine IMO. Even my old Suzuki GS650G and Yamaha XJ750 Seca would take full throttle in 5th gear from their 1100 rpm idle. Without protest, without vibrations or pinging. Not with a lot of acceleration, but without strain. That is what I miss with singles and twins. I do not like the busyness and sometimes buzziness that comes with multis, but I really like their flexibility."
You may be in error when you say “without suffering”. As the cylinders become smaller, so does the magnitude of the protest from each one. If your bike was a 650 cc made up of 650 model aircraft engines of 1 cc linked together, you would not know if you were killing them or not. The torque output would feel more fluid, because the “bangs” were closer together.
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 01:50:02 PM »
Something is “better” when it fullfills its desired function more completely than it’s competitor/s.
It is the prerogative of the observer to determine what that function is for themself. So if, in your OPINION something is “better”, then it must be so.
Because an opinion, can never be wrong. Because even if reality deems otherwise, your belief that you are correct remains intact.
So your OPINION is correct.
« Last post by MerleLowe on Today at 01:41:48 PM »
Ah!, I was wrong, here is the "better" from faffi's initial post. 

"This is where more cylinders really start to shine IMO. Even my old Suzuki GS650G and Yamaha XJ750 Seca would take full throttle in 5th gear from their 1100 rpm idle. Without protest, without vibrations or pinging. Not with a lot of acceleration, but without strain. That is what I miss with singles and twins. I do not like the busyness and sometimes buzziness that comes with multis, but I really like their flexibility."
« Last post by MerleLowe on Today at 01:34:53 PM »
Wadda bout less is more?

I think that would be a Zen thing.   :laugh:

jokes aside, you're right, faffi didn't say what "better" means.
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 01:07:26 PM »
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth.
The named is the mother of ten thousand things.
Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations.
These two spring from the same source but differ in name;
this appears as darkness.
Darkness within darkness.
The gate to all mystery.

― Laozi, Tao Te Ching

So, the better that is defined better is not the true better but is the origin of the full garage.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wadda bout less is more?
General Discussion / Re: T3 Dashboard Options
« Last post by texasmoto on Today at 12:57:47 PM »
I used that dash plate with Motogadget gauges and cups on my G5 build.  It fits and works well, but I ended up going back to the stock T3 gauges and mounts.  I thought they looked better. The idiot light lenses in the stock top plate are very fiddly.

Are these the lenses that you used? They look pretty skookum https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=276&products_id=2782
General Discussion / Knuckle Duster Head Protectors!
« Last post by dgurovich on Today at 12:46:00 PM »
for my V700, I'm also looking for the Brass Knuckle style head protectors like I had on my first loop frame.  I can't find them anywhere, and they were soooo nice.  Anyone have a source?

General Discussion / Denso Alternator Bracket
« Last post by dgurovich on Today at 12:41:47 PM »
I have a '68 V700, and I want to change from the dynamo to a Denso alterator.  I combed through the forum and noted that Scrambler Cycle used to sell the kit minus the alternator, but no longer does.  It doesn't seem the bracket is available anywhere.

is there a diagram or information with respect to how to build your own?  I've seen a few pictures but nothing with measurements or any "blueprint".  I'm perfectly happy to roll my own.

Thanks for any information!
« Last post by texasmoto on Today at 12:40:05 PM »
Generator indicator lamp supplies current to the rotor to start the magnetic field to produce current. Burn out the bulb and the alternator won't work.

Hi Beam
Lo Beam
Alternator
Oil Pressure
Neutral

I'd dump Lo Beam to get back to 4 lamps.

This is such an elegant setup, it seems so obvious in retrospect!

I'm only used to old Hondas and none of mine ever had any indication of the charging system. I'll either add a fifth hole or lose the lo beam.

I really prefer the metal style. It will match the build I have planned. Y'all will see where it's going soon enough.
« Last post by n3303j on Today at 12:29:20 PM »
The bulb will tell you if the alternator is working.
The resistor will not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here