Author Topic: Corbin seat for Blu Guzz  (Read 550 times)

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
Corbin seat for Blu Guzz
« on: May 18, 2019, 04:45:19 PM »
i know that i am risking a flaming for bringing this subject up, but here goes.
2 weeks ago, i took about a 320 mile trip to michigan.  i have the "touring" saddle on my custom.  near the end, i was thinking about a different saddle.
enzo at cadre is an authorized corbin dealer.  when i went to the shop, he had one on a floor bike, a california touring.  he let me take a test ride with the seat on my bike.  i have had 3 corbins in the past, 1 harley and 2 on different bmws.  speaking only for myself here, i like them.  i also ride horses and a horse saddle is very firm.  what matters with a corbin and a horse saddle is how they are shaped.  after about 100 miles today of interstate and back roads, i think this will work well.  impressions below.
it sits me about an inch higher which still allows me to flat foot.  the butt section is a little wider than stock-all to the good there.  the sides near the tank are scalloped so reaching the ground is not hard.  it has a very high quality look.  it has the backrest which is adjustable for angle and will be helpful when touring.  fit is amazingly good-most corbins you have to fight with a little.  because of the slight height increase, the foot-hand-butt triangle is more spread out allowing you to have your legs lower which i like.  i also find reaching my arms lower feels better.  i was worried about added turbulence with the touring windscreen, but not a problem.  corbin says it takes 1000 miles for the foam to conform to you.  i call bs on that, it is for you to adjust to the foam.  either way, it works for me and looks great on the bike.
if you don't already have  a source for saddles, enzo is a great guy with fair prices so give him a try.

Tom
Blue Guzz

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here