Author Topic: Good eats in Iola, KS  (Read 616 times)

Online JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
Good eats in Iola, KS
« on: July 06, 2019, 07:36:13 PM »
For anyone in the area or who may travel through close to Iola, KS, I highly recommend checking out Bolling's Meatery and Eatery. They've been a local meat market for years uncounted, very well known for their meats and handmade brats. This year, they moved into and remodeled an old brick warehouse, and added a restaurant to the meat market. We went on a Sunday, a few weeks ago, and again for my bday dinner with the family, tonight. Interior atmosphere is on par with any high end restaurant you'd find in a large city, full bar with perfectly made cocktails, and the food is spectacular. Tonight, I had their HBIC Burger, pictured below. Double patties, topped with caramelized onions and mushrooms, , candied bacon, and their signature cheese sauce, and served with hand cut home fries. A bit messy, but amazingly good.

On Sundays, they do their "family style buffet." 3 courses, all served family style in big dishes, and all bottomless. Starts off with homemade biscuits, hushpuppies, and sweet butter, then a big salad, and finally, the main course is fried chicken, fried catfish, homemade creamed corn, fresh green beans, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Again, all bottomless. Eat as much as you can, and it's only about $12 a head.

We tend to have trouble keeping good places like this afloat, around here, so if you're in the area or coming through, you wont regret stopping and supporting this place!

Dusty, you should look up the catfish they use. It's a Japanese, all white meat catfish (not sure what that means,) and it melts in the mouth like butter!

pichost
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:38:18 PM by JC85 »
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Good eats in Iola, KS
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 05:37:30 AM »
Man,

Wish I could eat like you young guys.

Happy belated birthday.

Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 05:59:07 AM »
I heard my arteries hardening just reading your post.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 06:37:35 AM »
Sorry to hijack the thread just a little bit, but since we're talking food...

I just came back from a 4-day weekend ride in western MD & northeastern WV - hundreds of miles of great motorcycle roads - and stopped at Hellbender Burritos in Davis, WV, right in the middle of all those great roads.  If you like that kind of food, I highly recommend them.  A genuine local place, as opposed to the type of place that is self-consciously decorated to look "local."  Huge burritos that are actually good, along with a smattering of other non-burrito choices.  Good, fast service and CHEAP for what you get.  Lots of good placed to eat in the region, but this one stands out in my memory.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 06:37:35 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here