Author Topic: Yet another pic-posting question  (Read 1285 times)

Offline brider

• Gaggle Hero
Yet another pic-posting question
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:34:39 PM »
I am CONTINUALLY  being frustrated by my inability to post pics at will, and I think I've narrowed my problem down to the SOURCE of the photo.

The most recent FAQ entry shows a demonstration where the "Copy image URL" option is selected for the desired photo.

Q: If I am trying to "add image" using the icon under the B icon above, and just go to my hard-drive folder of pics and "copy" the .jpg image, there is no option to "Copy image URL". Where should the pic exist for me to be able to copy it's URL?

OR, do the images STILL have to exist at an external (to my laptop) location for the "Copy image URL" option to be available?

The "Add image to post" link below this window is of no help; I get "access denied" from my work computer.
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Yet another pic-posting question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 01:26:43 PM »
Just below the box where you type your message it should say "dot add image to post".

Click on that and a small window will open that says drag and drop or browse from your computer.  (browse to your image file)

1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 01:35:10 PM »
I am CONTINUALLY  being frustrated by my inability to post pics at will, and I think I've narrowed my problem down to the SOURCE of the photo.

The most recent FAQ entry shows a demonstration where the "Copy image URL" option is selected for the desired photo.

Q: If I am trying to "add image" using the icon under the B icon above, and just go to my hard-drive folder of pics and "copy" the .jpg image, there is no option to "Copy image URL". Where should the pic exist for me to be able to copy it's URL?

OR, do the images STILL have to exist at an external (to my laptop) location for the "Copy image URL" option to be available?

The "Add image to post" link below this window is of no help; I get "access denied" from my work computer.

The image HAS to be on a network accessible server, not your PC. And maybe not a private network location.

So if you have put a photo on a network serve, you put that URL in the IMG brackets.

Or, even easier, just click on the ADD IMAGE TO POST below and it will put that image on a public server for you.

Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:39:37 PM »
If you click on "dot - add images to post" (below the text box) the image will be hosted by a 3rd party Russian oligarch who will extract all the electrons out of it and while letting us use an emaciated url.   :evil: 
The text looks like this {replaced some brackets}
{br />{url=https://ibb.co/4FhB3Rp]{img]https://i.ibb.co/4FhB3Rp/window.jpg[/img}[/url}<br /}

If you click on the Mona Lisa below the B you will have to have a remote host:
{img]https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/sites/motorcyclistonline.com/files/styles/655_1x_/public/import/page_element_images/122_0310_01z%2B2004_moto_guzzi_mgs_01_corsa%2Bside_view.jpg?itok=sE3cIDE4[/img}

1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:39:37 PM »

Offline dguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sorry, I'm woke so I'll be quiet.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 02:35:11 PM »
Test....

Yes that works!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 02:35:49 PM by dguzzi »
'03 EVT
'87 Cagiva
'72 Commando
'71 Commando
'90 Miata
'16 Mustang

Offline brider

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 03:27:12 PM »

Like I said above.....

But I get it now about a remote server.....reading thru the archives I somehow got the impression that this req'mnt was changed, but I guess not.

Got it now, thanks!
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 03:48:25 PM »

Is uses a site that may also host objectionable photos, so your work just blocks it.

Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here