Author Topic: Retirement does not suck, part V, or longer/faster rides...  (Read 813 times)

lucydad

Retirement does not suck, part V, or longer/faster rides...
« on: December 12, 2015, 11:14:17 AM »
All,

So, I am just over two months into retirement.  This lifestyle does not suck.  One result:  longer and faster rides on both motorcycles, and my Cannondale bicycle.  Freedom from the work schedule allows hitting the weather windows.  Here on the Gulf Coast of TEXAS--we have some spectacular fall/winter/spring days.  Summer pretty much wipes me out, but the Rockies are calling. 

Another upside:  I now notice small things in life more, and appreciate them.  The constant sense of "not enough time, have to go on to the next project/task" has lessened.  Given that, our two ring house circus continues.  Ms. LD even said this morning:  "you were right about new house electrical grid install".  Wow, that is unusual to be right.

Forgive me, I am jacked up on endorphins from riding against head-winds on the bicycle.  Takes me a while to chill out.  Listening to the Byrds.  Poodles need food, they get very concerned when the "magic food bin" gets low.  We have a big neighborhood bunco dice game Christmas party tonight.  So, it is the once a year the guys get invited.  Food will be spectacular.  Ms. LD is scheming desserts, and I will clean up the mess.

No need to adjust V7R shifter for stiff boot.  Some more break-in of the boots solved the issue.  That is good.  I will pull the tank bag from the rack, add the magnet holders, play with fit on the metal tank, then apply heli-tape.  Then I will fit the Ortlieb big bag to the rack, test the new straps, and then....test fit my camping kit.  Its going to happen.

Talking with Paul my mind has drifted to Porsches.  My buddy Ed says: go for it to even out the upcoming decorating/furniture "needs" by Ms. LD on the new house.  Hmm, not sure if that is a valid argument, but sometime this spring I may start casting about for a used Cayman S. I will test the new Miata.  Darned pretty things.  We will see.  Need some punch and dV/dT to be happy. 

Talisker is growing on me.  I wonder what one of their more aged varieties is like?  Peaty and intense, nice stuff.  Youngest daughter bought some amazing red vermouth to make Negronis over thanksgiving, and a superb shake it up recipe.  Might have one this weekend.

Hell of an oil crash my friends.  Rain has started, it could be an intense pacific system.  Time for some leftover chicken enchiladas with mole sauce. 

I smiled at a dad and son hunting the perfect fishing spot on our local Memorial Park lake this morning.  Way to go dad:  spend time with him, and not on a video game.  My kind of dad.  Next summer I hope to spend a week or more hunting trout in SW Colorado.  Hence the bicycle rides and weight loss and core strength gains:  needed for those hikes into Lime Creek at 10,500 feet.

Be good out there. Smile a bit more.  I tried to smile or wave to everyone on my bicycle ride this morning.  Some respond, but not like most motorcycle riders.  We are a tribe.

Damn, I love the Byrds.

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
Re: Retirement does not suck, part V, or longer/faster rides...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 11:25:29 AM »
Talking with Paul my mind has drifted to Porsches....this is a good thing...plenty of fun toys in the market...and the music the flat 6 makes is hard to beat!

I tried to smile or wave to everyone on my bicycle ride this morning.  Some respond, but not like most motorcycle riders.  Agree with you on this...Cyclists do tend to not get the wave thing...it's almost more of a head nod than a wave that I see more often than not, but then not even that often.  Cyclists are weird...and I'm one of them.  Go figure! 
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here