Author Topic: Banned  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

canuck750

Re: Banned
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 11:46:24 AM »
Well it must be true "Loud Pipes just piss people off", too bad for the rest of us.

I drove the Cabot Trail two years ago in a rental car, have to say for all the hype I have heard about it I was disappointed. have seen many more interesting and challenging roads out west.

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 11:48:33 AM »
“It’s not so bad at the start of the season, when it’s just the guys on those big BMWs,” said MacAskill. “Their bikes are fairly quiet; they go through the Trail as fast as they can, then split off to Sydney. You see them there outside the Starbucks.

“But as soon as it warms up, the noise is terrible. You get these guys on big shiny bikes blatting their pipes the whole way, holding up the RVs trying to make it up the hills.”

Funny actually.....Publis hed on April 1st...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:50:37 AM by Nick »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 11:48:33 AM »

Offline yellowheader

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 12:49:23 PM »
have seen many more interesting and challenging roads out west.
Canuck, unless your comment is also an April 1 post, I'd love to know where your favorite roads are around here. I've found a few decent ones, but I still feel like there are better places than central/northern Alberta to be a motorcyclist. Maybe we can go for a ride sometime?

canuck750

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 01:03:47 PM »
Definitely need to meet up this spring. For roads in Alberta I head south to Kananaskis area but prefer southern B.C. interior. And heading further south in order of preference is southern Utah, north-west Wyoming, most of California, northern Arizona, central Oregon .....

Offline yellowheader

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 01:39:04 PM »
Ah, so you're talking about "out west" in the wider sense. Last month a buddy and I trailered our bikes down to Vegas and spent 5 days riding around the northern and eastern perimeter of Arizona, then up through Tucson, Phoenix and Lake Havasu back to Vegas. There were some AMAZING roads along the way! Jacob Lake, Coronado Trail (until the closed bridge), Mount Lemmon, Route 66 through Oatman... brings tears to my eyes even now. :azn:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 01:43:14 PM by yellowheader »

Lcarlson

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 02:14:36 PM »
Ah, so you're talking about "out west" in the wider sense. Last month a buddy and I trailered our bikes down to Vegas and spent 5 days riding around the northern and eastern perimeter of Arizona, then up through Tucson, Phoenix and Lake Havasu back to Vegas. There were some AMAZING roads along the way! Jacob Lake, Coronado Trail (until the closed bridge), Mount Lemmon, Route 66 through Oatman... brings tears to my eyes even now. :azn:

Next time you ride out of Las Vegas, head north and ride a loop tour of southern/central Utah — spectacular.

Offline screamday

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 02:17:15 PM »
The last paragraph made me laugh out loud.  :laugh: :laugh:

Still, summer will be different on the Cabot Trail without the thunder of motorcycles rolling through the hills. Some Nova Scotia motorcycle clubs have talked about “rolling protests,” riding motorcycles through the Trail at slow speed to show their unhappiness with the policy. However, those plans were abandoned when some members pointed out that wouldn’t be any different from their normal riding style.
Tony in SC
"Comfort the disturbed and Disturb the comfortable"
1988 R100RS
1998 V11 EV

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing

jwinwi

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 07:42:45 PM »
Really not that far fetched but it IS April 1...

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here