Author Topic: washington weekend rides  (Read 5397 times)

Offline AH Fan

• Gaggle Mentor
  • small stable of Italian stuff
washington weekend rides
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:57:31 PM »

Hi all........... was wondering if any of you have any interesting weekend or longer rides planned for this summer that you might include/welcome a Canuck or two.
  Myself and other are always looking to meet like minded sorts for a weekend hop across the border. ( Great places to ride down there )

Ciao      ;-T

Doppelgaenger

Re: washington weekend rides
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 02:36:13 AM »
I have a round-trip ride planned for some time this summer when the days are long enough.

Tacoma out to Cle Elum via I-90 (or another more scenic route if it exists), to Peshantin and Leavenworth, then back to the seattle area via hwy 2. 11 hours round trip according to google maps. This could easily be stretched into a camp night and spread out into 2 days.

I'd also like to loop the olympic peninsula, if a jaunt into the Hoh Rainforest is planned, which is always worthwhile, that's an automatic weekend ride.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:40:31 AM by Doppelgaenger »

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 04:27:33 AM »
The Deep woods camp-out is a great event, Down 9 (avoid I5 at all cost), ride down to Enumclaw then over Mount Rainier
approaching Randle from the East. There's some great riding around Randle, Mount St Helens for example.
On the Saturday last year we rode down to Carson (lots of gravel) and they put on a parade for us.

They put out the Maple leaf to make you feel welcome. They even made a fuss of Ross on his Kawasaki ;D

I'm sure you'll find some more on here
http://www.orguzzi.org/pdf/2015_mgnoc_or_event_calendar.pdf
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:58:22 AM by Kiwi_Roy »
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline Greg Field

• Gaggle Hero
  • The Signs Foretell the Rise of a Guzzi Lama . . .
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 09:25:38 PM »
First event: Guzzi campout called "fossil," outside Fossil, Oregon, in late April. There're usually some of us leaving from Seattle on Friday morning before. If you enjoy blowing shit up, this is your alley.

Second: "Jim Brandeis Memorial," named after a really amazing guy. early May.

Longest Day Ride, usually the closest weekend to the June solstice and always entertaining. Route changes every year.

Deep Forest Campout, near Randle, WA. Great time.

Coast campout, usually in early August.

Humbug campout in Oregon, early September. Always a contingent leaving from Seattle on Friday.

If you want to go to any of these, let me know.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 09:25:38 PM »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 09:33:40 PM »
There are already Canadian Guzzisti that come down to Oregon, Washington for some of these events.   Where they start from I don't know.  ???  1 of them has a red Norge.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:34:34 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline mgfan

• Gosling
  • Escaping the "home"
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 09:36:56 PM »
I leave from home!   :BEER:
70 Ambassador, 74 Eldorado,  76 I-Convert, 71 Police Ambassador, 86 Califonia II, 90 California III, 03 Stone, 07 Norge

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »
Hey AH Fan,

I'm just across the border in B'ham.  Most of what I do is day rides but I'd like to explore the inland empire and maybe into Idaho and Oregon a bit more.  I'd also like to explore more BC hwy 3 on 2 wheels.  PM me - we could set something up.

Cheers,
Shawn
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline racasey

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 03:26:21 AM »
I have a round-trip ride planned for some time this summer when the days are long enough.

Tacoma out to Cle Elum via I-90 (or another more scenic route if it exists), to Peshantin and Leavenworth, then back to the seattle area via hwy 2. 11 hours round trip according to google maps. This could easily be stretched into a camp night and spread out into 2 days.

I'd also like to loop the olympic peninsula, if a jaunt into the Hoh Rainforest is planned, which is always worthwhile, that's an automatic weekend ride.

You might wish to avoid  heavy traffic on I-90 from Bellvue/Issaquah to Cle Elum. 

From Tacoma, go thru Enumclaw to Yakima via White Pass or Chinook, from Yakima, take the river road from Selah to Ellensburg, Hy97 Blewitt Pass to intersect Hy-2 at Dryden, west on 2 thru Leaveneorth to Sultan.  At Sultan south on Mann road and small roads over to intersect Hy 203 thru Carnation and Duval.  At Fall City/Preston, east on I-90 to intersect Hy-18 to Auburn.

This route keeps you off interstate highways for all but about ten minutes.

If you need to carb up, I recommend Big-Y Cafe two miles east of intersection Hy-97 and Hy-2.  Good people, outdoor seating, next to your motorcycle, great food, fair prices. 

Safe journeys,
Dick Casey
84 V65
1090RR MV Agusta
Paul Smart Ducati
'66 Velocette Thruxton VMT 334
'63 Aermacchi 250
Seeley MK-III AJS 500

Online Matteo

• Alaska Guzzi's on Facebook
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Make me an offer I can't refuse!
    • https://squareup.com/store/doubleshovelciderco
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 09:15:31 AM »
The Oregon club has a Canadian flag posted over a spot reserved for late arrivals at campouts.
66 Stornello Scrambler,77 Lemans,80 CX100,16 V7II,21 V85TT Centenario
Gone to new homes: 84 LM3, 82 1000SP, 00 V11Sport, 84 V50III, 84V65, 00 Jackal, 07 Norge

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 02:03:29 PM »
Dale,
        Take a look at the coffee topic on BC Classics

Nico, Ross & I have plans for Friday evening, Sunday
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline AH Fan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 08:53:56 PM »
You might wish to avoid  heavy traffic on I-90 from Bellvue/Issaquah to Cle Elum. 

From Tacoma, go thru Enumclaw to Yakima via White Pass or Chinook, from Yakima, take the river road from Selah to Ellensburg, Hy97 Blewitt Pass to intersect Hy-2 at Dryden, west on 2 thru Leaveneorth to Sultan.  At Sultan south on Mann road and small roads over to intersect Hy 203 thru Carnation and Duval.  At Fall City/Preston, east on I-90 to intersect Hy-18 to Auburn.

This route keeps you off interstate highways for all but about ten minutes.

If you need to carb up, I recommend Big-Y Cafe two miles east of intersection Hy-97 and Hy-2.  Good people, outdoor seating, next to your motorcycle, great food, fair prices. 

Safe journeys,
Dick Casey

Thanks for that........... we have been roaring around in that hood for a few years now.

Ill keep ya all posted on journeys coming up.

Ciao      Dale   ;D

Offline AH Fan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 08:54:19 AM »
Hey AH Fan,

I'm just across the border in B'ham.  Most of what I do is day rides but I'd like to explore the inland empire and maybe into Idaho and Oregon a bit more.  I'd also like to explore more BC hwy 3 on 2 wheels.  PM me - we could set something up.

Cheers,
Shawn

Hey Shawn.

A couple of us were thinking of doing the Hoh loop later this spring ...casual 2 day deal.
What do you ride and what's your comfort level per day for mileage? Just curious.    ;D

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »

Hey Shawn.

A couple of us were thinking of doing the Hoh loop later this spring ...casual 2 day deal.
What do you ride and what's your comfort level per day for mileage? Just curious.    ;D

I'd probably take the '83 Lemans.  If the weather's good 300 miles/day is fine but I do like to stop every hour or so and usually ride with old guys on vintage bikes.

Is this what you're proposing?

1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here