Author Topic: Full Circle -- new to me V7 Special  (Read 8365 times)

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
Full Circle -- new to me V7 Special
« on: November 15, 2015, 09:59:44 PM »
I bought a 2009 V7 Classic as my first street bike, just over four years ago.
P9223112 by jay_snyder67, on Flickr

After two years and 8,400 miles, I heard the siren's song of the new 1TB V7's, and was ready to order a black and orange V7 Special when I saw the Wild Guzzi classifieds listing for the V7 Racer that I bought.     I sold the V7 Classic to help fund the purchase of the Racer.

In my four short years of riding, I've owned many bikes (as many of you already know), and ridden many more.   Some of these bikes were a lot quicker, higher tech, and better handling than the V7, but, I never really connected with them like I do the V7.    There is something "just right" about the V7.

While I love the Racer, there are days that I just want the standard, upright ergos that the V7 Special/Stone/Classic have.     I have a later model airhead, an R100R.   I like it, but, it just doesn't have that Guzzi sound.     When the discounts where at their peak in August, I was real tempted to pick up a V7 Special when I could get one for $7k out the door, but, didn't want to spend the difference between that and what I can get for the R100R.    Later, when the deals were over, I regretted not getting one, esp after riding Kev's V7 Stone a few weeks back.

Well, as luck would have it, Cam thought of me when a neighbor of his said that he wanted to sell the Black/Orange V7 Special that he got this summer.    Within an hour, a deal was struck (thanks, Cam)!
IMG_8162 by jay_snyder67, on Flickr

I pulled the trailer out to NJ this weekend to pick it up!    The weather was great.   Cam and I went for a windy ride on Saturday, Kev & I rode today.
IMG_8154 by jay_snyder67, on Flickr
IMG_8164 by jay_snyder67, on Flickr

So, after owning many bikes in a short period of time, and sampling many more, it turns out I got it right with my first one, and have come full circle.     The '14, of course, has many improvements of the Classic, as his been outlined in many other threads.   I'm absolutely thrilled with my new V7!

It already has a Dart Marlin windscreen, plus I've already got some upgrades in mind:

• Center stand + Euro side stand
  • Hepco & Becker top and side case racks (in black) for the luggage that I already have
  • Icon shocks
  • Corbin solo seat
  • Agonstin mufflers (Cam's fault  :grin:)
  • Scene Design visibility lighting (got 'em on another bike, they're amazing)
  • ADVMonster LED headlight (installed tonight)
  • LED Tail light
  • Kaoko throttle lock
  • Heated grips
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:01:28 PM by jas67 »
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Re: Full Circle -- new to me V7 Special
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 10:05:56 PM »
 :thumb:
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 10:18:39 PM »
 Wait ... WHAT ? 0 to how many , 80 , in 4 years WTF  :bow: I've been at this since 1968 and have only owned maybe 30 bikes .

Dusty

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 10:44:48 PM »
Wait ... WHAT ? 0 to how many , 80 , in 4 years WTF  :bow: I've been at this since 1968 and have only owned maybe 30 bikes .

Dusty

This is only #61.

I'm making up for lost time  :laugh:
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 10:44:48 PM »

Offline O

• Gosling
  • Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 06:13:29 AM »
Nice!  Love that color scheme (mine is the same).  Congrats!  :boozing:
Owen

2014 V7 Special

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 06:39:18 AM »

Dusty

Dusty,

He keeps it quiet, but when I visited him maybe after his first year of riding, I counted 30 bikes in his detached garage (the 6 car garage with twin post automotive lift and a couple of motorcycle lifts, plus heat/AC and plumbing, all this in addition to the oversized attached 2+ car garage).

Bastid!!!

PS, he was BORN in 68.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:40:57 AM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 08:27:04 AM »
Nice!  Love that color scheme (mine is the same).  Congrats!  :boozing:

Thanks -- it's my favorite color scheme too!   Now I just need a matching 750S or 1000S.   :laugh:
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

oldbike54

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
Dusty,

He keeps it quiet, but when I visited him maybe after his first year of riding, I counted 30 bikes in his detached garage (the 6 car garage with twin post automotive lift and a couple of motorcycle lifts, plus heat/AC and plumbing, all this in addition to the oversized attached 2+ car garage).

Bastid!!!

PS, he was BORN in 68.

"He was born in '68" <sigh> . 

Dusty

bpreynolds

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 09:19:51 AM »
Just me and my opinion  :afro: but if you want to shovel another many grand into a bike that's underpowered, overstyled, and now outdated (V9), hey it's your money.  Why don't you remarry your first wife while you're at it.  I guess some folks just never learn.   :rolleyes:   

:thumb: Gorgeous.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 09:35:56 AM »
Just me and my opinion  :afro: but if you want to shovel another many grand

Well, for starters, he paid "many grand" less than most people did for the same bike. So there's that.

Then of course there's the fact that I've never owned a bike that came JUST the way I wanted from the factory. I spend an average of $2k on ANY bike I own for any length of time, just in accessories (luggage, seats, windshields, etc.).

I think the unadulterated KING of that was on my Guzzi Jackal, which I bought cheaply enough (like Jay just did, one year used, 1k miles, half price) and proceeded to spend MORE ON ACCESSORIES over the life of the bike than I did on the initial purchase. YUP, just checked my spreadsheet that tracks such thing, I spent more than 100% of the initial purchase price all over again on that bike. Though in the end due to some creative accounting (buying up and reselling parts to members on this board) when I resold the bike my balance sheet says that in the end the bike cost me $100 under what I initially paid for it.

<shrug> I never expected a FREE RIDE

a bike that's underpowered

Facts not in evidence.

overstyled

Facts not in evidence.

outdated

Facts not in evidence.

Why don't you remarry your first wife while you're at it.

He hasn't divorced her yet. I mean, she HAS let him buy SIXTY ONE MOTORCYCLES IN THE PAST FOUR YEARS.

Did you do as well?

:kiss: :tongue: :kiss:

Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

oldbike54

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »
Just me and my opinion  :afro: but if you want to shovel another many grand into a bike that's underpowered, overstyled, and now outdated (V9), hey it's your money.  Why don't you remarry your first wife while you're at it.  I guess some folks just never learn.   :rolleyes:   

:thumb: Gorgeous.

I would remarry my first and only wife , but one of us was a rascal , you get to figure out which one  of us was  :rolleyes: :grin:

Dusty

bpreynolds

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 09:38:43 AM »
Well, for starters, he paid "many grand" less than most people did for the same bike. So there's that.

Then of course there's the fact that I've never owned a bike that came JUST the way I wanted from the factory. I spend an average of $2k on ANY bike I own for any length of time, just in accessories (luggage, seats, windshields, etc.).

I think the unadulterated KING of that was on my Guzzi Jackal, which I bought cheaply enough (like Jay just did, one year used, 1k miles, half price) and proceeded to spend MORE ON ACCESSORIES over the life of the bike than I did on the initial purchase. YUP, just checked my spreadsheet that tracks such thing, I spent more than 100% of the initial purchase price all over again on that bike. Though in the end due to some creative accounting (buying up and reselling parts to members on this board) when I resold the bike my balance sheet says that in the end the bike cost me $100 under what I initially paid for it.

<shrug> I never expected a FREE RIDE

Facts not in evidence.

Facts not in evidence.

Facts not in evidence.

He hasn't divorced her yet. I mean, she HAS let him buy SIXTY ONE MOTORCYCLES IN THE PAST FOUR YEARS.

Did you do as well?

:kiss: :tongue: :kiss:

Kev, you know I was being totally sarcastic, right?  See my V7 "Favorite bike of all time" thread  :grin:

ponti_33609

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 09:43:55 AM »
Hmmm.....isn't this redundant with your racer?  Would you want to keep both or parlay one into something else?  I hear you that the ergo's are a bit different but still seems very similar.  That was the color scheme I called on at MI last year.  Love the look but the deal was better on the racer and went that route.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 10:02:51 AM »
Kev, you know I was being totally sarcastic, right?  See my V7 "Favorite bike of all time" thread  :grin:

I figured, but I had to be sure.

Hmmm.....isn't this redundant with your racer?  Would you want to keep both or parlay one into something else?  I hear you that the ergo's are a bit different but still seems very similar.

We talked about this a lot the past few weeks. It is largely the ergos, and what comes with it. The Racer is a thing of beauty (especially with the Record Fairing he's added) and as such even though he put a topcase on it, he never wanted to put the HB hard bags (instead using C-bows) which weren't as useful.

So in the end, though he used his Racer for commuting it just wasn't as conducive to it, especially in the real cold months. And it became a couple of hours in the mountains toy.

In contrast he remembers the V7C as a cold weather commuter with a big windshield, and a tourer with better bags, and the more comfortable/upright riding position makes both of those uses better.

I could almost see owning a second one myself.

I'm telling ya, in twenty years he and I can be the old grumpy "airhead" types, who bitch about the new bikes and insist on just keeping our V7s going.

Time will tell, he's obviously had the worse case of Motorcycle A.D.D. I've ever seen. But with that many bikes in the garage he's going to have some overlap in function, and I suspect these two bikes are going to be as different as two bikes of the same frame/motor could be.

He's already talking about swapping parts... maybe moving these wheels over to the racer and putting the Stone mags that are on the racer on this special. Same with the luggage racks since this one is more subtle.

His history tells a different story and suggests the racer will be gone in under a year. But he spent a LOT on that Record fairing kit, so we'll see.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

bpreynolds

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 10:32:40 AM »
  I would remarry my first and only wife , but one of us was a rascal , you get to figure out which one  of us was  :rolleyes: :grin:

Dusty

If your first wife is/was as sharp as this V7, I'd marry her before you could get to her.    :grin: :wink:

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 11:07:19 AM »
Time will tell, he's obviously had the worse case of Motorcycle A.D.D. I've ever seen.

Squirrel!

I figured, but I had to be sure.

We talked about this a lot the past few weeks. It is largely the ergos, and what comes with it. The Racer is a thing of beauty (especially with the Record Fairing he's added) and as such even though he put a topcase on it, he never wanted to put the HB hard bags (instead using C-bows) which weren't as useful.

So in the end, though he used his Racer for commuting it just wasn't as conducive to it, especially in the real cold months. And it became a couple of hours in the mountains toy.

In contrast he remembers the V7C as a cold weather commuter with a big windshield, and a tourer with better bags, and the more comfortable/upright riding position makes both of those uses better.

I could almost see owning a second one myself.

I'm telling ya, in twenty years he and I can be the old grumpy "airhead" types, who bitch about the new bikes and insist on just keeping our V7s going.

Time will tell, he's obviously had the worse case of Motorcycle A.D.D. I've ever seen. But with that many bikes in the garage he's going to have some overlap in function, and I suspect these two bikes are going to be as different as two bikes of the same frame/motor could be.

He's already talking about swapping parts... maybe moving these wheels over to the racer and putting the Stone mags that are on the racer on this special. Same with the luggage racks since this one is more subtle.

His history tells a different story and suggests the racer will be gone in under a year. But he spent a LOT on that Record fairing kit, so we'll see.

The Racer with the Record fairing kit is the coolest looking bike I've owned, and almost always the coolest looking bike that I see all week.  It is going to take something really special to pull me away (oooooo, Thruxton R w/ Track fairing kit).    When the new Triumphs were announced, I was really enamored with the Thruxton R w/ Track fairing kit, but, the more I think about it, the more I'd rather have the V7R.   It's a lot lighter, it has enough power for me ("ride slow bike fast = fun"), and I already own it.  Oh, and shaft drive vs. chain.

Kev & I had this discussion over lunch yesterday.   He summed it up pretty well right here.    Ever since selling the V7C, I've missed it for the reasons that Kev  explains above.   

I bought the BMW R100R that I have to fulfill that function because I also like airheads, and it was half the price of a new V7.   It had low miles (for an airhead) and already had luggage.    Though the best handling and best brakes of the airhead, it is also one of the homeliest looking airheads.     Despite having a torquier engine, and better handling than my V7C, I couldn't help but long for another "regular" V7.

The big incentives offered in August were VERY tempting, though, I resisted, because it would mean shelling out a few thousand the time I paid dealer fees and bought H&B luggage mounts (still have the cases from my V7C).   After the incentives where over, I rode Kev's V7 Stone and regretted having not picked up when of the steeply discounted V7's in August.    Then this deal came up, and I couldn't resist.    It was bough in August for $6,299 + dealer fees.    I picked it up for $5,200 (about $1,800 less than out the door price on a new one in August).  It only had 976 miles on it, and still has 21 months left on the warranty.   AND, it is my favorite color combo.   The $1,800 savings will pay for the upgrades and farkels that I want to put on it.

As for the Motorcycle ADD, I'm slowly getting it under control.   As I've gotten the opportunity to experience many bikes, I've narrowed down what I want in a motorcycle.  I'll always buy and sell vintage bikes, both to make a few extra bucks to support the hobby, but, also to get the chance to experience them.   But, my desire for my "regular fleet" is to keep what I've got for a while.    As Kev said also applies to me, each bike I get, I spend a fair amount of money on upgrades and/or accessories, at least luggage mounts, which cost about $650 per bike.    Those luggage mounts, when they get sold, usually go for about half that.

I've had some consistency in the fleet.  I've had a V7 since the beginning, always will.    I'd still have the Breva 1100 is I wasn't afraid of the dash dying yet again, and not being able to get a replacement.     In the four short years that I've been riding, I've ridden about 60,000 miles.     12,800 of that is on V7's (8,400 on the V7C, and 4,400 on the V7R), more than any other make/model.    Second highest is the Breva 1100, at around 9,000.   So, that is over 1/3 of my miles on Guzzis.  The rest is spread out mostly over Honda VFR's, BMW Airheads, and my Ducati Monster 796.

So, the regular rider fleet is now:
F800GT -- all weather work horse, commuter and tourer.   It's relatively light weight, has good weather protection and ABS for wet road safety.
V7 Special -- commuter and tourer (once I get the luggage mounts) when rain is unlikely and temps are above 45 degrees.
Ducati Monster 796 -- canyon carver/hooligan bike
V7 Racer/Record --  canyon carver that looks better, but, isn't quite as fast in the hills -- future collectible too
F650GS Dakar -- because I like to get dirty too.

That's it.    There are many bikes that are arguably "better", faster, etc, than what I've got, but, none that I want more than what I've got.   

Now, if someone would sell a shaft-driven 800cc ADV bike under 450 lbs, I'd replace my F650GS with it.    I've been tempted to replace it with an R100GS, but, those are getting pricier by the day, and the Dakar is actually better off road.

2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Offline O

• Gosling
  • Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 11:28:33 AM »
Wow, what a great deal!  At that price you were practically obligated to buy it! 

Maybe I'll be so lucky in a year or two...the last iteration of the V7II Special in blue (non scrambled) really caught my eye the last time I was at a dealership.  Not usually a fan of blue cars or bikes, but that one is pretty.  I don't think I'll ever get rid of my 2014 Special, so it would be completely redundant, but thankfully logic isn't necessary in motorcycle purchases.   :thewife:
Owen

2014 V7 Special

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 11:52:55 AM »
Squirrel!
So, the regular rider fleet is now:

F800GT -- all weather work horse, commuter and tourer.   It's relatively light weight, has good weather protection and ABS for wet road safety.
V7 Special -- commuter and tourer (once I get the luggage mounts) when rain is unlikely and temps are above 45 degrees.
Ducati Monster 796 -- canyon carver/hooligan bike
V7 Racer/Record --  canyon carver that looks better, but, isn't quite as fast in the hills -- future collectible too
F650GS Dakar -- because I like to get dirty too.

That's it.    There are many bikes that are arguably "better", faster, etc, than what I've got, but, none that I want more than what I've got.   

I guess by REGULAR FLEET you mean the Non-Vintage portion of the fleet.  :boozing:

One thing I find interesting is that they are all < 1000cc
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 04:24:01 PM »
Wow, what a great deal!  At that price you were practically obligated to buy it! 

Maybe I'll be so lucky in a year or two...the last iteration of the V7II Special in blue (non scrambled) really caught my eye the last time I was at a dealership.  Not usually a fan of blue cars or bikes, but that one is pretty.  I don't think I'll ever get rid of my 2014 Special, so it would be completely redundant, but thankfully logic isn't necessary in motorcycle purchases.   :thewife:

Given that these may the last a a breed, having an extra is quite logical.    :thumb:
That is part of my thinking in having both a V7R and V7S.

That blue is pretty.   You should go for it!   :evil:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:24:43 PM by jas67 »
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 04:40:47 PM »
I guess by REGULAR FLEET you mean the Non-Vintage portion of the fleet.  :boozing:
That is exactly what I meant.   :thumb:
One thing I find interesting is that they are all < 1000cc

Cam and I were discussing that on Saturday.     750cc-800cc twins seem to be the sweet spot for both of us.
He has three 750cc V-twin Guzzis + the 125cc Storney.

Four of the five on my "regular rider" list are 750-800cc twins, and the F650GS a 650cc thumper.

On the vintage side, my favorite one to ride, the R75/5, is of course, a 750cc twin.

And, you'll also note that all but one of the twins are either 90 degree V-twins or boxers.   The remaining one is a counter-balanced 360-degree parallel twin that thinks its a boxer.   All of these motors are very smooth with just enough vibe to remind you that you're on a MOTOR cycle.    I'm not a fan of non-counter-balanced parallel twins or solid mount narrow V's.

Other stats of note, I have no motorcycles 100 or more HP.   I've had two in the past, don't need that much power.

The two most powerful are the F800GT and Monster 796 at 90 and 87 HP respectively.    Everything else is under 65 HP The R100S, currently a project bike is 65 HP, R100R 60 HP, everything else 50 HP and less.

I've ridden a couple of pretty powerful bikes (Diavel, 160 HP, 480 lbs, GSX-S-000, 145 HP, 450 lbs).    The acceleration they are capable of is fun, but, you certainly can't use their capability safely on public streets.     Plus, it is also WAY too tempting at times.    When I rode the GSX-S1000, 90-100 MPH was it's comfortable speed on the highway, 75-80 MPH on two lane roads.     That is TOO fast for public roads.    Too tempting.   I was happy to get back on my Monster 796 (which is tempting enough).

I definitely subscribe to the "slow bike fast is more fun" philosophy.

2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 04:45:47 PM »
What a good looking motorcycle  :grin:

IMG_8180 by jay_snyder67, on Flickr

I need to take some close ups of the tank in the sun.  I didn't know before seeing it up close, but, both the base black and orange stripes are metallic, and look fantastic in the sunlight!
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 04:50:12 PM »
I presume you're talking crank hp ratings...
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 04:53:37 PM »
I presume you're talking crank hp ratings...

Yes, of course.    Those are the only readily available numbers.

And, even then, I'm sure it isn't apples to apples, as there are probably similar discrepancies with the older bikes vs. new, just like the whole net vs. gross HP ratings thing with cars.
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 04:55:44 PM »
Oh, and all are under 500 lbs (wet).
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 05:21:52 PM »
What a good looking motorcycle  :grin:

IMG_8180 by jay_snyder67, on Flickr

I need to take some close ups of the tank in the sun.  I didn't know before seeing it up close, but, both the base black and orange stripes are metallic, and look fantastic in the sunlight!

Second nicest looking Special I've ever seen!
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 05:54:06 PM »

Second nicest looking Special I've ever seen!

Yours is pretty sweet -- the whole package.  The fairing definitely tops it off nicely.
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

bpreynolds

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2015, 06:21:50 PM »
She's a beauty. 

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2015, 06:36:01 PM »
Yours is pretty sweet -- the whole package.  The fairing definitely tops it off nicely.

Ahem...cough, cough...wink

http://japan.webike.net/ps/#!p.m=6213&p.c=1112&p.sk=1
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 06:38:32 PM »
Ahem...cough, cough...wink

http://japan.webike.net/ps/#!p.m=6213&p.c=1112&p.sk=1

Wow, you really are good at spending my money.   :wink:

The budget is only allowing me to do this in stages (unless the guy coming to look at the R100R later this week buys it).

First priority is Skene lights, Center stand + euro side stand and shocks.
I want to get a sump spacer before I do the next service.
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Vasco DG

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2015, 11:26:55 PM »
Thing that bugs me, and obviously doesn't bug others, which is fine, is the fact that I actually really enjoy the single TB 750's, especially the six speeder. I don't get all sweaty and tumescent over the 'Racer' like some do but I have grudgingly accepted that the 750, (And probably the new V9.) will be great little motove packages if people can stop getting all sandy-crack about the 'Lack of power'.

Stop looking at it as a '750' and expecting it to compete on a level playing field with other bikes, like the Shiver, for example. Love it for what it is and compare it to other, similar machines of lower swept volume.

What I would like to say though is imagine how much nicer it would actually be if it had a modern frame and decent suspension, (The stock shit plumbs the depths of a Marina Trench of awful!!)?

I know there are people who want that antediluvian '1970's' look but it could be so, so much better! I'm not suggesting that it look like some form of 'Alien Insect' to use the common vernacular. Simply that it could be put into something a bit less closely related to a horse and cart!

Pete

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here