Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only / Re: Another Benelli Egg bike
« Last post by Canuck750 on April 15, 2024, 03:22:35 PM »
The progress looks great, Jim.

Thanks Clint!

I finished fabricating the dual brake cable lever parts, copied the Guzzi V7 Sport setup, the parts need zinc plating to finish it off. I used a 2.8 slitting saw blade to cut the cable paths in the dowels, I don't know what the steel composition is of the pieces I turned, but after two cuts with coolant the darn blade is dull.  I just need to cut the cable ends and solder on brass ferrules

General Discussion / T3 Dashboard Options
« Last post by texasmoto on April 15, 2024, 03:00:23 PM »
I'm knee-deep in a total restoration and starting to look at the dash. The bike itself is going to be a little more custom: I've had the frame powder coated red, and I plan on swapping the gas tank to the V7 Sport tank.

The gauges I have are original and in pretty good shape. However, I'm trying to simplify and improve upon the plastic dash. MGCycle has this (https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=276&products_id=2774)

but it only has four lights, whereas the stock one is five. I figure I can lose the "Generator" indicator? I have already ordered the stock wiring harness and that's ready to be installed, so I don't want to go too far from stock, but I think it will be okay to tape off the Generator wires.

Does anyone see any problems with this, or perhaps knows of a better way to implement something like this? What other options might there be? Perhaps drilling a fifth hole in the center of the dash from MGcycle?

T3 Dash I have:

General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by brother dave on April 15, 2024, 03:00:17 PM »
Creamy oil?  This could be as a result of water mixing with oil and then being "mixed" somewhere in the engine.   If this substance is appearing anywhere inside the engine it can "cook" due to engine heat and harden over time.  Then you got problems....
General Discussion / Re: Amazonas
« Last post by FarmallA on April 15, 2024, 02:55:46 PM »

The “Suba-Guzzi".

At IMOC in Sturbridge MA: 2022.  I knew I had a picture of this somewhere.

FarmallA
Steve
General Discussion / Re: Still Kicking
« Last post by SemperVee on April 15, 2024, 02:43:21 PM »
  Have not wrapped my head around 60 yet  - AT at age 69 now!!  *recent pics

General Discussion / Re: Still Kicking
« Last post by tcunnien on April 15, 2024, 01:58:16 PM »
70 in July. Only two kickers left in the stable. 75 Trident and a 77 Vespa. Still able to get them going.
General Discussion / Re: SMall twins clucth cable routing?
« Last post by jamesfjamesf on April 15, 2024, 01:49:28 PM »
Yes, mine (V50-3, no airbox) goes under & inside RH carb, then up under RH side of tank, up to the RH side of the top frame triangle, up behind headlamp & between h/bar & instrument cluster...then left to clutch lever.

For some reason (probably how I rebuilt it), my V65 Florida goes out under the airbox & exits on LHS before snaking under headlamp & back to LHS ...

Yea I got a few hits for other bikes and the routing was so wildly different I stopped looking. Thanks!

jim
General Discussion / Re: SMall twins clucth cable routing?
« Last post by paulbricey on April 15, 2024, 01:26:21 PM »
Yes, mine (V50-3, no airbox) goes under & inside RH carb, then up under RH side of tank, up to the RH side of the top frame triangle, up behind headlamp & between h/bar & instrument cluster...then left to clutch lever.

For some reason (probably how I rebuilt it), my V65 Florida goes out under the airbox & exits on LHS before snaking under headlamp & back to LHS ...
General Discussion / SMall twins clucth cable routing?
« Last post by jamesfjamesf on April 15, 2024, 01:07:03 PM »
I'm probably overthinking this, and can't find a single reference to it anywhere, but on my V50 the clutch cable leaves the gearbox boss and points directly at the right hand float bowl. Does it go under? To the inside (my guess)? Up and over? I took pictures of everything except this. I probably thought it would be so obvious...

thanks,
jim
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here