Author Topic: V7 iii Rear luggage rack  (Read 5474 times)

Offline Dimitri_Harkov

• Hatchling
Re: V7 iii Rear luggage rack
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2020, 11:16:43 AM »
I didn't want to mar the looks of my V7 III NP either - that's why I just use a Kriega US-30 without any kind of rack.
The loops are mounted on the frame and can be hidden under the seat if not in use.

You can even mount the Kriega longitudinally if you are careful while fastening (otherwise you will limit your seating position somewhat).
I always do this, even while carrying a ~50cm (20'') long pedal board in the US-30. No problems whatsoever.
I was very sceptical of the Kriega system. Somehow it seemed to be too easy to be true. But it's really super simple and works great.

And I can't see any obstacles why I shouldn't attach two US-20s to make it a US-70 either.

Cheers,
D.

2020 V7 III Stone Night Pack

Offline bikensail

• New Egg
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2021, 08:52:15 AM »
I just mounted the small Guzzi rack as Rapier and I like it. I had the C-Bow pannier racks on my Milano but they will not fit with this top rack. I am considering buying the Guzzi pannier racks 2S000887 and wondered if anyone could confirm that they will fit with the small Guzzi top rack. One would think that Guzzi would design to allow it but then it is Guzzi we are talking about.

BTW Guzzi have discontinued the small rear rack which is the only one that works with aluminum fender bikes! The large version only fits plastic fenders.

I considered the Hepco pannier racks but find that they are too far to the rear and I don't know if they will fit with the Guzzi rack either.
2018 V7 Milano
2019 KTM 790 Adventure R

Bert Remington

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2021, 11:17:48 AM »
For my V7 III Stone I wanted the Givi SR8201 Top Rack to mount my Givi E300N2 Top Case for PPE and helmet.  I also wanted the H&B C-Bow brackets for side cases but there was interference in mounting points so I notched the Givi mounting point and taped a new mounting point for the H&B bracket (the hole was already there).  I found the H&B 38L Xceed Side Cases on eBay (for the price of one case) that had been used for product testing.  I replaced the H&B Lock-It mounts with C-Bow mounts.  And my Kermit chair straps on top.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2021, 02:29:55 PM »
I just mounted the small Guzzi rack as Rapier and I like it. I had the C-Bow pannier racks on my Milano but they will not fit with this top rack. I am considering buying the Guzzi pannier racks 2S000887 and wondered if anyone could confirm that they will fit with the small Guzzi top rack. One would think that Guzzi would design to allow it but then it is Guzzi we are talking about.

BTW Guzzi have discontinued the small rear rack which is the only one that works with aluminum fender bikes! The large version only fits plastic fenders.

I considered the Hepco pannier racks but find that they are too far to the rear and I don't know if they will fit with the Guzzi rack either.

Good to know.  I'm not using mine in my current configuration, but will definitely hold onto it as long as I own this bike.   :thumb:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2021, 02:29:55 PM »

Offline bikensail

• New Egg
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2021, 06:49:50 AM »
I believe that the SW Motech SLC pannier racks may work with the Guzzi small top rack but am not sure. Anyone have experience with the SLC?

Since this thread is for top rack I will create a new one for pannier racks.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:52:27 AM by bikensail »
2018 V7 Milano
2019 KTM 790 Adventure R

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here