Author Topic: HD PanAmerican specs revealed  (Read 7968 times)

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
Re: HD PanAmerican specs revealed
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2021, 07:23:06 AM »
A lot of luddites here that don't want any technology on their bikes.  Good luck with that, you're fighting a loosing battle.  And horsepower.  Well, I find it comes in handy when passing.  Last weekend my riding buddy was on his Yamaha FJR1300 and I was leading on my GS.  We have helmet coms (more needles tech?) and decided to pass two slower cars and not too much room to do it.  I pulled out and pinned the throttle.  All I could hear in my helmet was "hurry up, hurry up!"  I told him, "I'm wide open, this is as fast as it goes!" (I'm givn her all she's got, captain!)
My GS was no match for the FJR and he had to check up to keep from running into the back of me.  Sometimes it's true...there's no such thing as too much horsepower.

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2021, 08:22:43 AM »
 To many years ago I worked in a union shop ,UAW member and I had a Suzuki then a Yamaha and then a Guzzi 850-T and of course I used to hear "how come you don't own a Harley?" and my reply was that they don't make anything I'm interested in.So the years went by and Buell's come out. Okay
now you have my interest I aways wanted a American made bike ,I test rode the the tube frames and really like them though a bit crude then the Uly came out and I test rode one a couple of times and really like the bike. So in 2008 I bought my 2006, sold my Triumph Sprint and a Ducati Paso to pay for it and I still have it. Well now finally Harley is selling another bike I find very interesting , but it's to big, to much money but I can't wait to ride one. And it's funky looking enough for my taste. ,
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

oldbike54

« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2021, 08:27:54 AM »
A lot of luddites here that don't want any technology on their bikes.  Good luck with that, you're fighting a loosing battle.  And horsepower.  Well, I find it comes in handy when passing.  Last weekend my riding buddy was on his Yamaha FJR1300 and I was leading on my GS.  We have helmet coms (more needles tech?) and decided to pass two slower cars and not too much room to do it.  I pulled out and pinned the throttle.  All I could hear in my helmet was "hurry up, hurry up!"  I told him, "I'm wide open, this is as fast as it goes!" (I'm givn her all she's got, captain!)
My GS was no match for the FJR and he had to check up to keep from running into the back of me.  Sometimes it's true...there's no such thing as too much horsepower.

Might it have been wiser to wait a bit before passing ? Kinda sounds like a belief in horsepower almost ended badly .

Dusty

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2021, 08:40:04 AM »

I resemble that description!  :wink: Likely why the only new motorcycles (available in the US) that I'd even think about buying are both Royal Enfields (650 INT and Himalayan). I can't imagine ever needing more horsepower than the Centauro I once owned had. <shrug>
Charlie

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2021, 08:40:04 AM »

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2021, 05:31:31 PM »
Might it have been wiser to wait a bit before passing ? Kinda sounds like a belief in horsepower almost ended badly .
 Dusty
Oh, the pass was safe enough.  The problem was the guy behind me had 30 more hp than I did!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 05:32:51 PM by Motormike »

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here