Author Topic: Illinois Rally - May 15 to May 17, 2015  (Read 10061 times)

Bill Hagan

Re: Illinois Rally - May 15 to May 17, 2015
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 08:33:12 AM »
Guzzi rally attendance in general has been dropping off the last few years. There was "the economy" a few years ago when it seemed to have started, but I think the Guzzi riding population is ageing..

Maybe only the rally-attending Guzzi-riding population is aging.

Lots of new riders out there, but many folks -- including this aging Guzzista -- just aren't as drawn to rallies as are others. 

Nothing at all wrong with rallies, but such events are not everyone's shot of bourbon.

Bill

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2015, 08:49:08 AM »
Maybe only the rally-attending Guzzi-riding population is aging.

Lots of new riders out there, but many folks -- including this aging Guzzista -- just aren't as drawn to rallies as are others. 

Nothing at all wrong with rallies, but such events are not everyone's shot of bourbon.

Bill

That could be true.. dunno.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Brightblade

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »
Been busy, didn't know about it till now:(

I would've shown up for awhile on one day at least.  Have four little boys so hard to get away for an entire weekend.

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2015, 03:41:09 PM »
Unfortunately I committed myself to a camping trip at starved rock before I realized that was the Illinois rally weekend. As payback for my foolish choice we were swamped with rain
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2015, 03:41:09 PM »

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2015, 05:40:10 AM »

.....Nothing at all wrong with rallies, but such events are not everyone's shot of bourbon.  Bill 

I enjoy the rallies and generally try and schedule at least one per month.  They give me an opportunity to get out on the road, to see people I only meet once or twice a year and to check out how other riders set up their equipment.

Unfortunately, there are conflicts and I'm forced to miss some fun events.  For example, last weekend I attended the European Rider's Rally in Burkesville, KY and missed Illinois.  In June, I'm heading to Grand Marais, MN and will miss the very nice VA Rally.

OTOH, there are some fun events still on the schedule: Elkader, IA in July -- Lake Joy, WI in August -- Frankfort, KY in September -- The Falling Leaf in Potosi, MO in October -- Swampscooters in LA in November.  It will be a good year.

Ride safe out there and looking forward to seeing you on the road.
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here