Author Topic: Brew town rumble  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
Brew town rumble
« on: May 21, 2015, 03:46:46 PM »
Did anybody head to Milwaukee last weekend for the brew town rumble? I miss rockerbox and this has potential.
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Offline JoeW

• Gaggle Hero
    • The Guzzi Doctor
Re: Brew town rumble
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 06:07:15 PM »
I was there, it was nice but, not the same. The setting was more industrial, the bikes were spread out and the vendors were down side streets that lead nowhere. The Pabst brewery was very cool, looked like a castle. Lots of beer glasses and coasters and stuff from Hamms, Blatz, Old Milwaukee...   They set the band and the too few food vendors up in a gravel lot surrounded by tall buildings so, the music echoed so bad you couldn't really hear it, even though it was loud as hell. Attendance seemed low, I think the weather kept some people away though we only got wet 1/4 mile from home, going and coming.
Stopped at the Harley museum, right down the road, on the way home. Coughed up $20.00 each to see a bunch of Harleys. The old ones were very cool and they had a lot of motorcycle memorabilia. Then a late lunch at the Brat Stop.  JP rode the hack and I took the Ambo. All in all a good day.
I think they set the early date to trump Rockerbox in June. I hope it doesn't take a hit because of this show. I'll have a booth at Road America, stop by if you make it up there.
Joe Walano

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:49:24 PM »
Road America and rockerbox have two strikes against it for me, too far for a day trip and it's my anniversary weekend so no way I can go for the weekend.
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Offline ccoli

• Gaggle Hero
  • What? Me Worry?
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 11:13:21 AM »
I put my 32 Sport 15 in the show. Lost to a totally nonstock R100/7.
Joe W. Wish you had mentioned going to the museum as we have  free passes from being members and got 2 more for entering the show.
Wisconsin MGNOC Rep
03 EVT/EML hack, 99 Bassa, SPIII, 3-78 Robins, 75 T3, 74 Eldo, 32 Sport15, Ambo custom.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 11:13:21 AM »

Offline Vince in Milwaukee

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 12:25:13 PM »
Made it up there around 1 or 2 as I'm still working nights.  We wimped out and took the car as the weather was looking rather iffy.  Have to say I really like the new area.  There wasn't a whole lot else going on and getting there was quite easy.  When things were still at the Fuel, you were just over whelmed by the congestion trying to get there and the crowds once you got there.  Going to try to make more of an effort next year to bring my LeMans or even the K bike.  Oh yeah, found the selection of bikes to be quite enjoyable (as in the past). 
1984 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III, 1986 California II
Gone but not forgotten:
1969 Moto Guzzi Ambo, 1994 BMW K75RTw/ABS, 1996 BMW R1100RT, and 1993 BMW K75

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 05:32:55 PM »
I put my 32 Sport 15 in the show. Lost to a totally nonstock R100/7.

Try waxing it next time!    ;)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:35:50 PM by John Ulrich »
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here