Author Topic: Breva 1100 throttle cables hitting the tank, how to fix?  (Read 1403 times)

Doppelgaenger

Breva 1100 throttle cables hitting the tank, how to fix?
« on: May 22, 2015, 12:26:03 PM »
Hey everyone, I have a problem with the metal sweeps that come out of the bottom of the throttle actuator hitting the tank on my Breva when I go full lock to the right. Can someone please describe or post a pic of the correct setup for this so that it won't hit the tank? It's been this way ever since I bought the bike used.

I know it's as easy as just loosening it and turning it, but is there a procedure for this that requires adjusting the throttle linkages?

Offline skippy

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Breva 1100 throttle cables hitting the tank, how to fix?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 06:40:22 PM »
Google "moto guzzi breva 1100" and scan for pictures. The cable should be pointing forward and slightly up as they travel towards the plural space between the backside of the head light underneath the instrument display. Someone did something wonky with yours before you got it. Sounds like you are going to have to completely disconnect them reroute them proper.

Skippy
23 V100 Mandello
20 V85TT

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Breva 1100 throttle cables hitting the tank, how to fix?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 07:50:28 PM »
Does your Breva have different bars on it?  Cables should go like Skippy said then next to steering head into frame triangle by RH coil, across in front of airbox then along side airbox on LH side to throttle body.

Look a pics in the workshop manual.

You can pivot the cables on the throttle w/o having to readjust them, unless you have less freeplay and motor roars. Then just give the top one a bit more play w/adjuster.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here