Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1034145 times)

Offline grumpyguzzi

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #3030 on: May 21, 2020, 12:07:33 PM »
It will need a Cali14 clutch, that is the update for Norge & Stelvio. Some do go bad. Just a beast motor. Welcome.
My name is Stephen Frazier & as of yesterday it's all mine. Got it registered, sticker on the plate. Hopefully. Austin will get title back to me promptly. Now I can run it down the road and see if that clutch is really bad. Not that I don't believe little brother but . . . . 😆

Offline Untamed850

• New Egg
« Reply #3031 on: May 21, 2020, 05:27:36 PM »
Jonah Hunter
Student (Biomedical Engineering)
West-Central Indiana
1975 850T- "I'll name it when it runs right"
-Omega 600 Watt Charging System
-Points, then Dyna 3, then points again
-Motogadget M-unit Blue
-LED Headlight and Turn Signals

Offline gianpi_1011

• New Egg
« Reply #3032 on: May 22, 2020, 05:51:02 PM »
Gianpiero Aquilino

27 years until November 10th

Flight Instructor at www.goldeneagle.cl

Santiago, Chile

been loving Guzzis' on paper, and finally got my hands on a '10 Stelvio on november with 40.000km (25.000 miles) Don't panic, I just finished rollerizing it!

Offline CapitalGoose

• New Egg
« Reply #3033 on: May 24, 2020, 09:27:06 AM »
My name is Stephen Frazier & as of yesterday it's all mine. Got it registered, sticker on the plate. Hopefully. Austin will get title back to me promptly. Now I can run it down the road and see if that clutch is really bad. Not that I don't believe little brother but . . . . 😆

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the forum and nice bike!

You don't happen to be from Louisiana do you? I grew up in Baton Rouge, and knew a guy named Stephen Frazier (Stevie back then). Was mid-late nineties... we had mutual friends, Greg and Steph...or was it Paul and Danielle?

Anyway, cheers!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 09:28:07 AM by CapitalGoose »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3033 on: May 24, 2020, 09:27:06 AM »

Offline dstorms

• New Egg
« Reply #3034 on: May 24, 2020, 08:39:27 PM »
It's been a few years since I did this and the results were interesting then...

Please introduce yourself to the group. Give your name, age, occupation and location.

Hello

Daniel, Vancouver BC V7 iii Stone (Yellow) High School Teacher

Offline grumpyguzzi

• New Egg
« Reply #3035 on: May 25, 2020, 11:34:46 AM »
Hey Steve,

Welcome to the forum and nice bike!

You don't happen to be from Louisiana do you? I grew up in Baton Rouge, and knew a guy named Stephen Frazier (Stevie back then). Was mid-late nineties... we had mutual friends, Greg and Steph...or was it Paul and Danielle?

Anyway, cheers!
Nope . Caddo Mills, Texas. Small town but, growing fast. Thanks for the compliment! It's got a little road rash from my brother laying it down and kinda dirty but other than that seems in good shape. We love going to Louisiana whenever we can. Good people there. I'm actually wearing at-shirt from the Shereveport water works museum this AM. Pretty rainy out right now so I'm just tinkering with it. Checking stuff out, getting acquainted with it I'm a mechanical designer/drafter. I'm about to turn 58 & I work for Commscope in Richardson, Tx.

Offline NoSprk

• New Egg
« Reply #3036 on: May 26, 2020, 11:40:24 AM »
Hi Im Don from Santa Rosa, Ca. im 34, been riding dirt since i was 5. been riding on the street since i was 15. been after a few guzzis in the last few years but they always get away too fast. i currently have a 91 bmw r100gspd, 73 bmw R75/5 and a cone shovel chopper

Offline Marquezdl

• New Egg
« Reply #3037 on: May 27, 2020, 10:01:30 PM »
I live in Yakima Wa.  I have been a lurker here for awhile.  I really blew my big chance because Moto International was a stellar dealership, but gone and sorely missed.
Its about time to replace my experiment in adventure bikes, a 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XrT...I keep looking at the V7lll stone night pack/milano/raccer, its classic beauty and mechanical simplicity.  I am retired and I plan to do as much maintenance/service as possible, and I do believe I can handle most of the V7 service.
At 70 this will be my final M/C, pretty sure about that.  I plan to go out in style!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 10:04:13 PM by Marquezdl »

Offline Brandon Hammer

• New Egg
  • 2017 Moto Guzzi MGX-21
« Reply #3038 on: May 28, 2020, 03:36:36 PM »
 Hello Guzzi Group! I'm Brandon Hammer,47, I'm an Instrumentation, Electrical and Automation Technician at a Co-Generation power Station in Las Vegas, Nevada.  I recently bought a 2017 Moto Guzzi MGX-21 almost 2 months ago and couldn't be happier with it! I absolutely love the look and the ride.  I am starting to have concerns about this purchase though since getting parts and accessories for it has been a nightmare already! I bought it from the Eurocycle dealership here in Las Vegas without the saddle bags mounted since they didn't have the mounting kit for it and had to order to mounting kit from Piaggio in Italy! It's now been almost 2 months without bags! I was planning a road trip to Utah with a friend but have no bags GRRRR.  Obviously, I am getting frustrated with how long this is taking and I started looking online to find the mounting kit myself without any luck. I also was looking for the Carbon Fiber seat eliminator (COD. 2S000699) and was told that it has been discontinued! Really? SMMFH. I bought the bike brand new with 2 miles on it. If anyone knows where I can purchase the mounting kit for the bags and/or the seat eliminator I would really appreciate it. I've attached a picture of the seat eliminator and part number in case anyone has any leads for me. Thank you and I look forward to learning more about this beautiful bike with the help of this group. Thanks and safe riding to you all.
Brandon Hammer

][/b]
Brandon Hammer

Offline TiMGX21

• New Egg
« Reply #3039 on: May 31, 2020, 11:38:55 AM »
Tim Forrester
Portland, OR
LP Gas repair technician

on my 4th bike but this is my first Guzzi

Offline ironox

• New Egg
« Reply #3040 on: June 01, 2020, 06:53:12 AM »
Hello all. My name is Bob and I’m 66 yrs old. I remember when I first laid eyes on a motorcycle. It was maybe 1966. There was a Harley parked outside a grocery store. I thought that was the coolest thing that I ever saw. Being just a kid, it was only a dream. Years later a guy dating one of my older sisters-turned out later to be my brother in law, pulled up to the house on a BSA. I don’t remember the model, only that it reaffirmed my love for bikes. I knew when I became of age and could afford one, I’d buy one. Well then, school, Job, marriage, kids and years later - at the age of 42, I bought my first bike. It was a 1996 Harley Davidson Road King. I paid a premium over retail. I didn’t care...it was my first motorcycle!  I didn’t even know how to ride it. When I took delivery I asked the salesman to ride it up into the Uhaul van I showed up in. The look on his face was priceless, I’ll never forget it. I tell everyone that a Road King is a great beginner bike. It was for me, because it was the first of 17 bikes owned over the years. I’ve been as fast as 155 mph on a CBR1100XX(not the smartest thing that I’ve ever done), and traveled to many parts of the USA and Canada. I’ve been  to Sturgis-one of the best two weeks me and my wife ever experienced. Thankfully, I’ve never been in an accident. So, why am I here?  I’ve never owned a Guzzi and I’m thinking of buying one, maybe a V7. I’m a bit physically compromised, so a smaller, lighter bike is in order. Plus my wife is no longer interested in bikes, so I don’t need a touring bike. Anyway, don’t mind me folks. I’ll just hang out with you all and learn about Moto Guzzi’s! And maybe, sooner rather than later I buy one.

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #3041 on: June 02, 2020, 01:11:56 PM »
Welcome to the "Guzzi Family" Bob. This is a great place, the best MC forum anywhere, IMHO. Let me warn you, once you are bitten by the Guzzi bug, you will be forever changed.
  Guzzis are great bikes, but is the people who ride them that really make ownership special.
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline DesmoDog

• New Egg
« Reply #3042 on: June 07, 2020, 04:23:34 PM »
Greetings,

My name's Craig. I'm 57, have been an engineer in the auto industry for way too long, and have now spent 20+ years in a SE Michigan town my wife and I thought we'd only stay in for a 2 or 3 years.

My username reflects two of my main interests these past years. Yes, I did name one of my dogs "Desmo". He was a golden retriever mix who lived to just shy of his 17th birthday. He was an awesome dog.

As you may have guessed, a guy with a dog named Desmo has a favorite brand of motorcycle. Don't hate me, not just yet anyway, but for around 25 years I was exclusive to the brand. Two years ago I bought an Aprilia RSV-R to use as a track toy until it could be a parts donor for a Ducati project, and that was apparently a crack in the armor. Now the V85 TT has caught my attention, and here I am. The only thing holding me back is I'd have to sell my Monster 1200S to free up the time/space/money for it. (The Aprilia is already listed). I considered a Desert Sled just to stay in the family as it were, but my thoughts keep creeping back to the Guzzi so I'm thinking that's the better choice. 

I really like the Monster, it's probably the best street bike I've evr owned, but retirement is nearing and I've been paring down the number of bikes I have. If I'm honest with myself, the V85 would serve me in my retirement better than the Monster will, but it's still a tough leap to take.

I don't have any dogs with Ducati related names anymore though, so I guess that helps...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 04:25:05 PM by DesmoDog »
-Craig

Offline grumpyguzzi

• New Egg
« Reply #3043 on: June 07, 2020, 06:33:25 PM »
Got this yesterday. Have to find an appropriate place to display it.

Offline moho66

• New Egg
« Reply #3044 on: June 10, 2020, 05:06:46 PM »
New Guzzi owner from Gilbert AZ USA    Jumped on the V85TT bandwagon for my first ever 'new' bike purchase. Also have a Honda VFR700F, BMW R100R and Triumph Street Triple 675 in the garage. Look forward to taking some scenic rides on and off road in the beautiful state that i live in, and beyond. Hope to get to know of few people and get some wrenching tips, as I prefer to do most of my own work on my bikes. Been wanting to add a Guzzi to the fleet for years. My grandfather had his '38 Guzzi (not sure of the model, no pictures exist) taken from him by some fascists in Zagreb in 1941; so it's a Goose coming home in a sense....

Offline Micajah

• New Egg
« Reply #3045 on: June 11, 2020, 02:11:50 PM »
Don here from Plymouth, Mass., USA

1970 Ambassador 750, sold
1991 Le Mans 1000 (V or FE)
2016 V7ii Stornello 750 abs

Offline Blue Mountains 57

• New Egg
« Reply #3046 on: June 12, 2020, 08:32:21 AM »
Hello my name is Rob from Springwood NSW Australia, I've been reading the forum for a while and thought I might as well register. I have a few Coopers, a couple of Montesas and three Guzzis. Bought my first 850T3 in 1984, it's funny how some bikes just fit in with how you think a bike should be and you never change your feeling for it. That's what a Moto Guzzi is to me.
Cheers

Offline TheHungarian

• New Egg
  • ‘13 V7
« Reply #3047 on: June 16, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »
Hello everyone,

My name's Mike, 54,  and I'm from the East Coast of the U.S. My new bike is a '13 V7 stone, and its the first bike I've owned in 20 years, and in fact have barely ridden at all in that time period, other than an occasional scooter.
My previous bikes:
1976 Yamaha MX125 (I was quite a hooligan with that thing)
1985 Honda Nighthawk 700S
1993 Suzuki Katana 750
1996 Honda VFR 750 (a rolling Swiss watch!)

This is my first V twin and I look forward to every ride I can fit into my schedule.  :bike-037:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 11:21:49 AM by TheHungarian »
I've owned (at one time or another):
1976 Yamaha MX125
1978 Puch moped
1985 Honda Nighthawk 700S
1993 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
1996 Honda VFR750
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Offline Shiffrod

• New Egg
« Reply #3048 on: June 17, 2020, 11:14:59 AM »
Hello,

My name is Nathan and I ride a 2017 MGX21 and just finished my 12.4k service.  Looking to do a cross country trip.  I am really hoping to get a better map for my fortress because I have had the baffling removed from the stock exhaust and it runs really lean.  Also considering getting an aftermarket set of pipes for the trip because my baby SCREAMS and I dont know if i can handle that for the 9000+ mile round trip.

Offline Kane

• New Egg
« Reply #3049 on: June 20, 2020, 11:44:04 AM »
Greetings! This is my first post though I have been lurking for a while. Cliff Kane from southern California. I am semi-active on the awesome V11LeMans forum as my bike is an ‘01 V11 Sport (a Greenie!). I think this site is a great compliment as you’re geared for the whole Guzzi gestalt. My first real motorcycle, a long time ago, was an 850T, and though I later owned a few Triumphs, including a very nice ‘61 pre-unit Bonnie, and a nice HD FXR, Moto Guzzi always held a special place in my heart. I took a hiatus from riding for a number of years, but about a year ago I decided to get back in the saddle, and it had to be a Moto Guzzi. I found my V11 and it’s been a great journey and a pleasure.
I love all things Guzzi and have been jonesing to get into a carbed Tonti frame bike to keep the Green Goddess company. I’m happy to be here!
I hope all are well!
Cheers!
2001 V11 Sport
1978 850-T3
2009 Ducati 1100 Hypermotard

Offline Bajadera

• New Egg
« Reply #3050 on: June 23, 2020, 07:45:34 AM »
 Hello everyone...
My name is Hrvoje.
45 years old...
I came from Zadar Croatia Europe
I am proud owner of a 2004 Breva 750 ie and I really like this bike
I hope that here I will find lots of information to keep my Breva strong and well maintained.
Thank you

P.S: Sorry about my poor english but I hope that you will understand me

Breva 750 ie 2004
Vespa P125X 1981
Vespa PX125E 1993

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3051 on: June 23, 2020, 09:07:06 AM »
Hello everyone...
My name is Hrvoje.
45 years old...
I hope that here I will find lots of information to keep my Breva strong and well maintained.
Thank you

Your English is close to perfect, no problem.    There's a LOT of information here, and experts on, both the older (V50, V65) small-blocks and the newer (Breva, V7) small-blocks ... all you have to do is ask, no question is too simple or complicated!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Bobic69

• Hatchling
« Reply #3052 on: June 23, 2020, 06:39:56 PM »
Hello everyone...
My name is Hrvoje.
45 years old...
Thank you

Hi Hrvoje. My mother is from Zadar ( my father from Sinj). I've been there several times. Such a beautiful city. You're lucky to have the great Croatian roads to ride on. One day I want to do the coast and islands on a bike. Sve najbolje. Robert.
Bellagio

Offline Existent80

• New Egg
« Reply #3053 on: June 24, 2020, 01:53:21 PM »
Hi folks!

About to close on a 1987 1000 SP II so figured I'd come join the collective wisdom here.

The beast in question:

Current bikes: BMW F800GS, 2013 Ural Tourist

30s, F, in NYC

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3054 on: June 25, 2020, 07:19:29 AM »
Hi folks!

About to close on a 1987 1000 SP II so figured I'd come join the collective wisdom here.

The beast in question:

Current bikes: BMW F800GS, 2013 Ural Tourist

30s, F, in NYC

Many will say that the SPII has all the best features of Guzzi - simplicity, handling, weather protection, torque ... that looks like a great example!   Hope you enjoy it!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Momo

• New Egg
  • Ride like you're invisible
Introducing Momo
« Reply #3055 on: June 28, 2020, 10:35:28 PM »
Hello all, 

Larry Moulder
73 relatively good, healthy years
presently employed at Home Depot buy have had many other careers  including 14 years wrenching
heart of Amish Country -  Lancaster County, Pa
Own 6 bikes right now, have had as many as 13 at one time- possibly owned 50 or more over the years.  One ( which turned into a problem) is a 2008 low mileage Breva 750. 

More details to follow

Offline Dwirfel

• New Egg
« Reply #3056 on: June 29, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »
I hope that I'm starting off on the right foot here...  I'm not very familiar with forums... 

If I'm in the correct place...

My introduction information follows:

Dereck Wirfel
56 years old
Retired Air Force (34 years)
Riding since 1970
I own several bikes, and recently bought my son a 2007 Norge

Offline DiggerD

• New Egg
« Reply #3057 on: June 29, 2020, 05:26:40 PM »
Denny Schon ~ 68 ~  Engineering Technician ~  Mid Wet Oregon (Corvallis area)

New to me 2002 MG LeMans

KTM 990 ADV, 690 Enduro, 990 SuperDukeR, 300 Smoker

Suzuki 2005 GSXR1000.

DiggerD on the ADVrider Forum.

DougFir on the SuperDuke.net forum.

Offline Existent80

• New Egg
« Reply #3058 on: June 29, 2020, 06:59:59 PM »
Many will say that the SPII has all the best features of Guzzi - simplicity, handling, weather protection, torque ... that looks like a great example!   Hope you enjoy it!

Lannis

Thanks for the welcome!
What a beast this V Twin is. Love the stance - perfect for my height.

Had a nice 85mi ride home but unfortunately stalled out in stop-and-go traffic and was fussy to restart - I think when the bike is good and hot it idles a bit low; I hope a minor adjustment.

Not sold on the fairings as the front-set sidestand is basically unusable - have to shimmy off and steady the bike and use the center stand so far - not quite an elegant move and given the weight of this sled, a set-up for dropping it.

That said, this was a well-ridden sport tourer (50k mi) that could use some TLC. Looking forward to it as a - project.

Offline Momo

• New Egg
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #3059 on: June 29, 2020, 10:57:41 PM »
intro follow up

First bike was a basket case Harley Hummer purchased while stationed at Eglin AFB 1966-70, put together with guidance from fellow airman, Jim Qualls.  Being waaay too small it was sold and a 1969 Honda CB350 was purchased.  Subsequently a Yamaha DT-1.  I became addicted to dirt bikes, had Sachs, DKW, Ossa, Bultaco, Montesa, MZ, Hondas, etc. 

After discharge I went to a motorcycle mechanic school courtesy of VA bennies and then to work in the industry for 14 or so years.  Riff's Cycle Center, Devon Honda and Montgomeryville Cycle Center- from wrenching to service manager.  For a single guy pay back then pay was excellent.  Then to college and the photo industry, where I taught, managed a photo lab, owned a photo lab/studio.  Digital imaging killed that so I wound up at Home Depot, still working quite a bit at 73.

Got married and all motorcycling stopped :lipsrsealed:  After my wife passed away 13 years ago I got back into bikes.  Must have restored for myself and others at least 50 Japanese bikes during that time.

Presently own:
1965 Honda S90
1991 Suzuki Katana gs1100f
1991 Kawaski Ninja 600
1982 Yamaha Seca 400 dohc twin
1981 Kawasaki KZ1100 LTD
 and the problem child a 2008 Guzzi Breva 750, which I'll introduce forthwith.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here