General Category > General Discussion

Cruise control "resume" on V85TT?

(1/9) > >>

Clifton:
Greetings, with a new 21 V85TT I'm trying to determine if I'm doing something incorrectly with the cruise control, or if it could be faulty? I understand the operation of activating and setting by pressing which functions fine, but toggling the control up/down doesn't seem to do anything; I've tried quick taps as well as long holds but no resume, and no incremental increase or decrease in speed. Or does the cruise not even have this feature?

Huzo:

--- Quote from: Clifton on March 20, 2022, 03:19:33 PM ---Greetings, with a new 21 V85TT I'm trying to determine if I'm doing something incorrectly with the cruise control, or if it could be faulty? I understand the operation of activating and setting by pressing which functions fine, but toggling the control up/down doesn't seem to do anything; I've tried quick taps as well as long holds but no resume, and no incremental increase or decrease in speed. Or does the cruise not even have this feature?

--- End quote ---
Yes it does.
Once you have armed the CC by holding the button down for 3 seconds while riding, the light on the panel will flash intermittently, the CC is then ready for activation.
To activate the CC, tap the button once for about a second and the intermittent light will stay solid green and your bike will hold speed.
If you wish to increase/decrease set speed while riding, simply tap the button up/down and the set speed will adjust in 2-3 km/hr increments.
If you cancel the CC with the brake or clutch then wish to resume CC, just hold the button up for about 3 seconds and your bike will resume the speed that it was doing when you cancelled.

Don’t be tempted to cancel your CC by forcing the twist grip past it’s natural “off” point. I have had a few apart and can tell you that the plastic stop that the drum comes to rest on, is none too stout and forcing the twist grip against that stop will damage it.

Clifton:
OK this helps Huzo, the resume and incremental up/down speed button doesn't work on mine. I saw somewhere that after installing heated grips something might have to be done for the cruise control but in my case cruise activates and sets ok. Thank you for the tip to not force close the throttle to cancel cruise!

Added: With 700 miles on it now it'll be going back for its initial service soon so I'll let the dealer sort it.

Huzo:

--- Quote from: Clifton on March 20, 2022, 04:07:13 PM ---OK this helps Huzo, the resume and incremental up/down speed button doesn't work on mine. I saw somewhere that after installing heated grips something might have to be done for the cruise control but in my case cruise activates and sets ok. Thank you for the tip to not force close the throttle to cancel cruise!

Added: With 700 miles on it now it'll be going back for its initial service soon so I'll let the dealer sort it.

--- End quote ---
Good idea... :thumb:

j.davis:
When you are using the cruise controle, the short presses up/down will register on the speedo (small speed indicator under the main speed indicator), so you can see your adjustment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version