General Category > General Discussion

Cruise control "resume" on V85TT?

<< < (2/9) > >>

Cam3512:
You can also cancel the CC by pressing and holding in the button for a few seconds.  The blinking light on the dash when it’s not engaged is a PITA.  Makes me think I still have a turn signal on. 

Clifton:

--- Quote from: j.davis on March 21, 2022, 04:33:04 AM ---When you are using the cruise controle, the short presses up/down will register on the speedo (small speed indicator under the main speed indicator), so you can see your adjustment.

--- End quote ---

OK that's how it should work. Unfortunately pressing up/down on mine doesn't change speed or the cruise speed indicator number. Or resume speed after braking for instance. It's like the "press" function works on the switch but the "toggle up/down" does not. This reminds me though I need to call and schedule the 1,000 mile service!

Yeah I wouldn't want to leave cc on but not set on this bike.

egschade:

--- Quote from: Clifton on March 20, 2022, 04:07:13 PM ---OK this helps Huzo, the resume and incremental up/down speed button doesn't work on mine. I saw somewhere that after installing heated grips something might have to be done for the cruise control but in my case cruise activates and sets ok. Thank you for the tip to not force close the throttle to cancel cruise!

Added: With 700 miles on it now it'll be going back for its initial service soon so I'll let the dealer sort it.

--- End quote ---

I was considering heated grips and during the discussion my dealer said that yes, a throttle re-calibration is needed. Not doing so could be the cause of your CC issues.

Clifton:
OK yeah I'd seen somewhere that something needed recalibrated after installing heated grips, which they installed, so hopefully this is all it is.

Huzo:

--- Quote from: egschade on March 21, 2022, 11:20:46 AM ---I was considering heated grips and during the discussion my dealer said that yes, a throttle re-calibration is needed. Not doing so could be the cause of your CC issues.

--- End quote ---
That’s a two minute job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version