Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1037852 times)

VSK

Re:
« Reply #1230 on: March 24, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »
New member here.....first post.....

Vishal in New York, NY
age: 34, can try and make my profession sound glamorous but am really just a simple accountant.

Accidentally stumbled across the Norge a few months ago and it was love at first sight. My multistrada and I were not getting along (was me not her) and found a good deal with a dealer up in CT who offered a reasonable trade in. Just picked her up a month ago and waiting for the weather to break to start piling on the miles.

GuzziJim6

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1231 on: March 26, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »
This is Jim May. I am 64 years young, and am a retired police sergeant with 30 years service. I live in North Carolina near Charlotte. I have owned and ridden Guzzi's since 1975. I have owned a 850T, SP1000, LeMans 111, California EV, Breva 1100, and now I am restoring a 71 Ambassadore. I work for a Guzzi dealer in Matthews, NC. I will probably be buying soon a 1400 California Custom.

Offline Railroad Bob

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1232 on: March 26, 2014, 02:01:31 PM »
Hello Mr. May:   ^^^

Welcome aboard.  Nice list of machines you have had there!  Some of us have the modern
Cali Vintages, which are "kind of" a police-based Moto Guzzi.  Its forerunner was used
by LAPD in the early 70s.  Have fun over here and glad you have joined up.  Some of us
are below 60, but not me.   ;)

guzzigrl

« Reply #1233 on: March 26, 2014, 03:18:03 PM »
HELLO! Thought it would be proper to chime in and introduce myself  :)
I'm a new owner of a 2013 V7 Stone in pure white. My first Guzzi and I absolutely love this bike <3. Im enamored by the beauty of this moto and how easy it is to ride.  I can't wait to do some mods to make it my Guzzi.
I'm a rider of 12 years now and currently owning an '05 Ducati S2R 800 as well.
I've done some track days but most of my riding these days is out in my local twisties with awesome riding buddies  ;D

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:54:40 PM by guzzigrl »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1233 on: March 26, 2014, 03:18:03 PM »

Offline Trinorman

• New Egg
« Reply #1234 on: March 27, 2014, 01:49:50 PM »
Hello,

I just joined the group after buying my first Moto Guzzi a couple weeks ago, a 1984 V65SP.  I've been riding close to 50 years and currently own 6 bikes.  The bike is in pretty good shape, looks better in the photo than in person, but I'm working on that.  Second photo is one of my other bikes, same year actually, a 1984 Honda Ascot VT500 that I remade into a cafe racer.  Fun bike.  Looking forward to participating in the group!

Chris

[URL=http://s85.photobucket.com/user/trinorman/media/Honda%20Ascot%20Cafe%20Racer/AscotFinalVersion048.jpg.html]
1984 V65SP

Offline Randown

• Long Beach, CA
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1235 on: March 27, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »
wOw! A lOt of cOOl bikes! :drool
Flippity Floppity Floop

sonicboom

« Reply #1236 on: March 28, 2014, 10:52:49 PM »
Hi to all....I'm a long time motorcycle rider with over 45 years on 2 wheels. I'm living in the Sacramento area which gives me a long riding season with great roads. Born in Mass. South Coast by Cape Cod, New Bedford and Dartmouth, Mass. Spent 10 years in the Navy, Norfolk Va., Mayport, Florida, and San Diego, Cal. Retired a few years ago and have time to enjoy the ride......yikes!!!! Own an 07 Triumph Bonneville with over 27,000 trouble free miles. I'm waiting for a real estate deal to close and my first purchase for fun will be a Guzzi v7. Test drove one today and fell in love with the bike, one word....NICE. Looking forward to picking the bike up in the next couple months and doing a coast to coast ride. I like the fact the bike is easy to maintain and that the valve adjustment is soooooo simple. Any advice on what to tweek on the bike is welcome, like after market support, parts source, set up recommendations for making it easy to do 500 mile days is welcome.

DungeonMaster

« Reply #1237 on: March 29, 2014, 12:27:53 AM »
HELLO! Thought it would be proper to chime in and introduce myself  :)
I'm a new owner of a 2013 V7 Stone in pure white. My first Guzzi and I absolutely love this bike <3. Im enamored by the beauty of this moto and how easy it is to ride.  I can't wait to do some mods to make it my Guzzi.
I'm a rider of 12 years now and currently owning an '05 Ducati S2R 800 as well.
I've done some track days but most of my riding these days is out in my local twisties with awesome riding buddies  ;D

Greetings guzzigirl.
I tried to convince my wife to get a V7 but she got a 650 Gladius Suzuki instead.
She already has an older smallblock (V65) so........ I guess.
Years ago I did a small group ride out of San Fran to Pope Valley Rd and around Lake Berryessa. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

DungeonMaster
2007 Griso 1100

Offline v7john

• Gosling
    • The Racing Rhino
« Reply #1238 on: March 30, 2014, 10:47:26 AM »
Another new member here.

I'm John a 56 year old Englishman living in Wales, UK.

I'm interested in classic bikes in general but own two Guzzis. I bought the first, a 1972 V7Sport, in March 1978 and for many years this was my only transport. All these years later it is about to become the subject of a complete rebuild after I crashed it heavily a few years ago. The other bike is a 750S3 I bought dismantled. Due to my accident on the other bike it was quickly made roadworthy and has been my rider ever since. It's a mix of S3, T3 engine, and some V7Sport parts but goes well.

I am retired due to ill health so things take me about three times as long to do as they really should but I've built myself a new workshop and am ready to get started. I've also decided to write a blog which can be found at http://racingrhino.wordpress.com/
1972 V7Sport. Owned by me since 1978.
1972 V7 700cc ex Vigili del Fuoco?
1954 BSA M33

Read my blog at www.racingrhino.wor dpress.com

Rob Morton

« Reply #1239 on: March 31, 2014, 01:41:51 AM »
"I bought the first, a 1972 V7Sport, in March 1978 and for many years this was my only transport."

A man after my own heart, welcome to Wild Guzzi John.

:)

Rob

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1240 on: March 31, 2014, 11:56:47 AM »
Welcome, we need more John's 'roud here! nice blog BTW
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

guzzi1973

« Reply #1241 on: April 04, 2014, 06:39:30 AM »
Hi ime Dave,an Englishman living in Holland 61yrs old,Pipe-fitter. I own two Guzzis 1973 v850 cali,1974 850t and half a special and sidecar with my girl who is Dutch.I started riding in 71 and went from a Honda 175 up to Bsa Norton Triumph Suzuki,I realise now i should have bought a Guzzi back then,but they were a bit more expensive than the Brit bikes,my v850 cali was bought in 75 by my brother and he sold it to me 2003 i feel very lucky to have it as i know its history,i changed the uj and clutch for him in 77 and was impressed by the design,i could go on and on because i just love them.Here in Holland the roads are very good and 2 wheel friendly but dont go over the speed limit,50kms over the speed limit and your licence is taken away on the spot and you walk home,but a friend can pick it up for you and ride it back as your insurance covers anyone to ride it,all the best,Dave

Luka_Toronto

« Reply #1242 on: April 04, 2014, 02:00:10 PM »
Hello all Luke here from Toronto; I work on a trading floor and am 37 years old.

Long time on a scooter, looking to move up to something better for the commute this year.

L

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #1243 on: April 04, 2014, 02:04:29 PM »
Welcome Luka!  What do you trade?? Stocks, Bonds, Futures, Commodities? Lots of things to trade in this world.  Some on here have a bit of interest in investing and trading. You are amongst friends here, Guzzi lovers and investors.  ;-T :bike
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

WayneJ

« Reply #1244 on: April 04, 2014, 05:00:06 PM »
Just picked up a new V7 Stone. Hope to do some local rides and longer touring. Just installed a set of crash bars (had to modify) and working on a center-stand and windshield. Luggage and GPS is also on the list.  Any ideas for a solo seat out there?

Retired (for now) in southwest Florida.

ROV

« Reply #1245 on: April 06, 2014, 07:10:25 AM »
ROV,
I 'm an engineer, working/ living in France. My real home is the northwest corner CT, USA.
07 Griso

Luka_Toronto

Re: Re: Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1246 on: April 06, 2014, 09:30:47 PM »
Welcome Luka!  What do you trade?? Stocks, Bonds, Futures, Commodities? Lots of things to trade in this world.  Some on here have a bit of interest in investing and trading. You are amongst friends here, Guzzi lovers and investors.  ;-T :bike

Thanks Stormtruck2 for the kind welcome. I work in equities trading in Canada - spent a lot of time with electronic trading over the last few years. But these days only one investment concerns me - my first bike.

Have been researching the V7 and the CB1100 (Bonnies fit me funny - at 5'10 I look like a circus bear on a tricycle).  The Guzzi has blown me away aesthetically, and I am on the cusp of pulling the trigger and buying one. It will be my commuter as I move on from my mid-sized scooter.

This forum has been a great resource and I am grateful to everyone for sharing their experiences - really helped me get over the few concerns I had about size and reliability.

Don't ask me for investment advice until I post that I have bought a Moto Guzzi California Touring since that will mean I made some good picks and am not commuting to an office in the city anymore! Until then the v7 will do nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JohnnyF

« Reply #1247 on: April 08, 2014, 03:38:31 PM »
Just joined the forum! I'm another John and I just bought a new California 1400. Great bike and excited to have it so early in the season. My son got me into the hobby last year and I've been bitten pretty bad. I'm an attorney here in NYC . I like to ride MCs , horses, hunt , shoot and get into the outdoors ( is that a contradiction!?!?) whenever I can. My mom's not too happy I took up riding so late in life, or at all for that matter ! My wife of 33 yrs is tolerant if not intrigued/ amused .  Met up with a long time buddy last Sept down around Atlanta and rode " Blood Mountain" and that was when I got bitten by the Guzzi bug. In fact it 's his bike that I have now.  Looking forward to putting some miles on and getting out to some tree lined roadways.  JohnnyF

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1248 on: April 08, 2014, 04:26:25 PM »
Just joined the forum! I'm another John and I just bought a new California 1400. Great bike and excited to have it so early in the season. My son got me into the hobby last year and I've been bitten pretty bad. I'm an attorney here in NYC . I like to ride MCs , horses, hunt , shoot and get into the outdoors ( is that a contradiction!?!?) whenever I can. My mom's not too happy I took up riding so late in life, or at all for that matter ! My wife of 33 yrs is tolerant if not intrigued/ amused .  Met up with a long time buddy last Sept down around Atlanta and rode " Blood Mountain" and that was when I got bitten by the Guzzi bug. In fact it 's his bike that I have now.  Looking forward to putting some miles on and getting out to some tree lined roadways.  JohnnyF

Welcome ... tho we have pretty well used up our quota of lawyers here, so you got in just under the wire.   :D

And, "tolerant" wives are a blessing; mine is, too, tho I think I often stretch her tolerance tensile strength.   ;)

So, why did your buddy sell his C14? 

Bill

JohnnyF

« Reply #1249 on: April 09, 2014, 06:33:33 AM »
He sold the C1400 because he really leans towards the Adventure type bikes. He has several different type bikes and he seems to like to purchase , ride and move onto something else. He's has a few cruisers and now he doesn't !! Although he really liked the Guzzi he seems to have developed into a real speed junkie and that's where he's going now. So, the good news is that I get to reap the benefits of his wicked and fickle ways!! The bike had 1633 miles when I got it. 400plus of those I got to put on during my visit with him last year. I had a lot of saddle time and really got to wring that baby out. I also had the opportunity to put in a bunch of time on a Harley RoadKing which I also liked quite a bit, and frankly much more than I wanted to!!!!!! But comparatively speaking, the Guzzi was so much more responsive, smooth and seamless not to mention the styling, that I was smitten from the day I saw it. Riding it sealed the deal for me.
As to the whole attorney thing I'm so glad that I was able to get in " under the wire". That's been happening a lot lately. Thankfully by the time anyone gets to know me the limit has been reached and it's too late to revoke my membership!  :BEER:JohnnyF

Offline zokn

• New Egg
« Reply #1250 on: April 11, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »
Hello All.  I'm Stephen, in Nova Scotia, Canada. I'll be picking up my 2013 V7 Stone from the nearest dealer, who is over three hours' drive away, in a week or so.
I'll be ordering H&B 30 litre Junior panniers, with black racks, and the H&B black top rack. I'll install heated grips and maybe a small screen, but I'll wait on the screen to get a bit more familiarity with the bike.

My wife and I typically take one day rides and long-weekend camping trips around Nova Scotia, with the occasional longer tour of a week or more. Our previous tourer is a 1975 BMW R90/6 with a Hannigan fairing that will go on sale shortly and is being replaced by the V7. The bike will be my first choice commuter and errand running transportation when I don't need the capacity of a car or truck for all the months that it is practical to do so, roughly late April to some time in November. The Guzzi will be my only bike - can't afford more!!

In the past I've owned and rebuilt BSAs and BMWs, and one Ducati. This will be the first brand new bike (and likely the last) for me. I have always liked smaller, lighter bikes; an '85 BMW K100RT and an '06 Ducati Multistrada were nice machines, which I did appreciate, but they were just too much for me, and I only owned each for short times.

Thanks to all who make this site so valuable, entertaining, and welcoming.      ------Anyone planning to ride to Nova Scotia?

Best regards,

Stephen
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:33:52 AM by zokn »
Stephen

Nova Scotia, Canada

2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
1975 BMW R90/6 (sold)

Previously: several BSAs, Lambretta 150 with a Bambino sidecar, 1978 Honda 550, 1985 BMW K100RT, 1996 Ducati Multistrada

K-townAndy

« Reply #1251 on: April 11, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »
Andy Goddard
Machinist, metal fabricator
Knoxville, TN

I picked up my fist Moto Guzzi V7 Stone "2013" last September, plan on doing some fab work and machining some stuff for it. I plan on posting some pics of the progress.

New to the Forum world, thank you for letting me join.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:49:02 PM by K-townAndy »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1252 on: April 11, 2014, 11:28:30 PM »
Hello All.  I'm Stephen, in Nova Scotia, Canada. I'll be picking up my 2013 V7 Stone from the nearest dealer, who is over three hours' drive away, in a week or so.
I'll be ordering H&B 30 litre Junior panniers, with black racks, and the H&B black top rack. I'll install heated grips and maybe a small screen, but I'll wait on the screen to get a bit more familiarity with the bike.

My wife and I typically take one day rides and long-weekend camping trips around Nova Scotia, with the occasional longer tour of a week or more. Our previous tourer is a 1975 BMW R90/6 with a Hannigan fairing that will go on sale shortly and is being replaced by the V7. The bike will be my first choice commuter and errand running transportation when I don't need the capacity of a car or truck for all the months that it is practical to do so, roughly late April to some time in November. The Guzzi will be my only bike - can't afford more!!

In the past I've owned and rebuilt BSAs and BMWs, and one Ducati. This will be the first brand new bike (and likely the last) for me. I have always liked smaller, lighter bikes; an '85 BMW K100RT and an '06 BMW Ducati Multistrada were nice machines, which I did appreciate, but they were just too much for me, and I only owned each for short times.

Thanks to all who make this site so valuable, entertaining, and welcoming.      ------Anyone planning to ride to Nova Scotia?

Best regards,

Stephen

My wife and I rode our Stelvio to Nova Scotia last year, and really enjoyed the trip.   There's an amazing amount of empty space in the middle, and a lot of scenery around the edges!   Some really nice places to eat, and to stay.    Breathtaking views.    Looks to me like a great place to own a Moto Guzzi!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

roam

« Reply #1253 on: April 12, 2014, 07:14:24 PM »
Good day all! My name is Jake and just recently acquired my first Guzzi - '13 V7 Stone. I am in my late 20s and work in the Baltimore/DC area as a auto damage adjuster. Looking forward to becoming a part of the flock!

Cadimack

« Reply #1254 on: April 12, 2014, 08:40:45 PM »
Hello, today I was approached by Josh (BlueBoarHound) in regard to my 1975 Moto Guzzi 850-T. We had a long conversation about the bike and he suggested that I create an account on WildGuzzi and get to know some of the local Guzzi owners. My name is Scott Williams, 21, machinist for Mack Trucks and I live in Central PA. I look forward to hearing from you all!

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1255 on: April 12, 2014, 10:26:21 PM »
Hello, today I was approached by Josh (BlueBoarHound) in regard to my 1975 Moto Guzzi 850-T. We had a long conversation about the bike and he suggested that I create an account on WildGuzzi and get to know some of the local Guzzi owners. My name is Scott Williams, 21, machinist for Mack Trucks and I live in Central PA. I look forward to hearing from you all!

Welcome!  I'm a fairly new group member, too, & have learned a lot in the past few months from reading the various postings - + getting some good advice on a couple of issues, too.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline Blueboarhound

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1256 on: April 13, 2014, 12:12:35 AM »

Welcome aboard Scott!

1993 Ducati 900SS
1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona 1000
1996 Moto Guzzi Sport 1100
2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

malabreva

« Reply #1257 on: April 13, 2014, 07:27:26 AM »
Hi there!
My name is Assen, 40 y.o., surgeon (strange, isn't it   ;) ), live in Bulgaria, that's in Europe, proud new owner of a 03 Breva 750. Apart from that sailing, red wine, books, whenever I have the time....

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1258 on: April 13, 2014, 05:12:51 PM »
Hi there!
My name is Assen, 40 y.o., surgeon (strange, isn't it   ;) ), live in Bulgaria, that's in Europe, proud new owner of a 03 Breva 750. Apart from that sailing, red wine, books, whenever I have the time....

Good call on specifying that Bulgaria is in Europe.   Last time we had someone join from the country of Austria, the list asked whether kangaroos were a problem on the roads.   

We don't get many ride reports from Bulgaria.   Send pictures from a ride when you get a chance!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1259 on: April 13, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »
Good call on specifying that Bulgaria is in Europe.   Last time we had someone join from the country of Austria, the list asked whether kangaroos were a problem on the roads.   

We don't get many ride reports from Bulgaria.   Send pictures from a ride when you get a chance!

Lannis

I spent 5 months in Bosnia, with numerous trips into Croatia & Hungary, but never got to Bulgaria.  So....I had to look up Bulgaria in Wikipedia to familiarize myself with your country.  Sounds like lots of interesting places to ride.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here