Author Topic: New wheels and black things!  (Read 2527 times)

pete roper

New wheels and black things!
« on: July 15, 2017, 12:20:02 AM »
Well the paint didn't get done but the new wheels and tyre's are on the Turdio! Wheels were a steal at about $500AU landed! Pinched the 'Braking' rotors off my Griso's alloy wheels and the reAr ABS wheel from one of the wrecks so the only thing I had to buy was a front ABS wheel! (And then found I had one of them too :rolleyes:)

Tyre's are Conti TKC's I think, they're Contis anyway with a heavy 'Road' bias.

Sure it's a turd! But it's a polished turd now! :grin:

Pete
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:20:52 AM by pete roper »

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
Re: New wheels and black things!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 12:25:57 AM »
Those front rotors look a lot like the EBC V-series rotors. I'm going to have to find where you got those wheels if I pick up a Stelvio this fall...
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

pete roper

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 12:32:54 AM »
Mike Haven at MPH had a set recently, dunno if he still does? I got mine from Teo Lamers. I get a decent TD from them but even at retail they'd only be a sniff over $600AU landed here so probably about $500US retail I'd guess.

I'm keeping the wire wheels and will probably stick some more aggressive, 'Dirt Biased' tyre's on them for when I want to pretend I'm a hero or impress the gullible! :grin:

Pete

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 12:51:49 AM »
 Oh hell , next you're gonna go all Ewan and Charlie on us and get a film crew and a chase truck to follow you across OZ  :grin:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 12:51:49 AM »

Offline Chesterfield

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 02:03:46 AM »
Good looking wheels, thankfully you didn`t go black.

pete roper

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 02:04:25 AM »
Nah, the round Oz trip will just be lots of pics of sub-Kalal quality of odd places and a couple of fat old dags trying not to hit wildlife or ferals and avoid drinking their own urine in the middle of the Pilbara!

No heroics or even 'pretend' heroics from us! We may camp if we need to but I like a real roof over my head and someone else to do the cooking when I travel..... :evil:

Pete

Offline wyrtyr2

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 05:44:45 AM »
Pete, Our Guzzi hero.  Is there not a better skid plate than that folded up pop can?  Good God!

pete roper

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 05:49:07 AM »
Bloke over on ADV has just designed one that looks like the bull-bar on the front of a Humber Pig. For me though such a thing is completely unnecessary as I'm way beyond log hopping on a Stelvio. The weedy plate will be fine for my use. :thumb:

Pete

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 07:42:22 AM »
Lovely Turd Pete, believe me I know one when I see one.   No more pleasurable thoughts than those involving an upcoming bike tour.  Try not to get spoiled by all that room and wind protection .  :thumb:

Offline Xlratr

• Gaggle Mentor
  • (ex) Stelvio NTX, '78 Honda 750F2, '97 FXDWG
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 08:04:32 AM »
When's the trip Pete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John

I ain't too young to realize, that I ain't too old to try ...

pete roper

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 10:56:37 AM »
Trip is next April/May if all goes according to plan. Peter has not spent much time in Victoria so we'll probably spend a few days there before ducking over to Adelaide and tackling the Nullabor, probably eat a couple of big days there and go straightish to Perth where our long suffering wives will join us for ten days or so of driving around the Margaret River region eating and drinking too much!

After that Jude flies to Europe, Kerry, Peter's Missus, flies back to Townsville and we head off to points North West. That's when the adventure really begins. You're looking at seriously big distances up there where there is a whole lot of nothing at all!!!

Pete

Offline pjontian

• New Egg
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 02:47:47 AM »
Nice wheels. I also have Conti TKC's that I got from 4wheelonline. Ride is smooth. This tire is stable and predictable also.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 03:10:49 AM »
Good looking wheels, thankfully you didn`t go black.
You couldn't mate, you'd be stuck. Once you've had black, you never go back...(Apparently) :wink:

Offline BillinPA

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »
Sounds awesome as always Pete.  I have a confession, I was through Bungendore last  Tuesday.  My sister works for the US embassy as a political officer. She has been many places with the State Dept. This was one of her first posts she though we would enjoy.

She surprised my daughter and I with daughters graduation gift. A trip to Australia. I wanted to look you up, however  we only had a week due to commitment at home. It was a speed trip.  We visited Sydney I enjoyed the harbour, however that is waaaaaay too much for me. Canberra was quite nice,  The Australian war monument is second to none, last post was really  special.
We went through your area going to Bateman's bay and Pebbly beach. I really liked it! Beautiful country , had a meat pie at the Braidwood bakery. Nice town, nice folks.

Hopefully I can return some day, however she leaves there next July, so free room from sister won't be the program.
The bicycle lanes in Canberra were very impressive. I think we could learn some important things from you Aussies.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:21:49 PM by BillinPA »

pete roper

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 08:04:42 PM »
Jeez Bill! You should of at least dropped in for a beer! Anyway we have beds for visitors so no need to worry about accomodation.

Pete

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here