Author Topic: Triumph Fork Boots screaming deal fyi  (Read 677 times)

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
Triumph Fork Boots screaming deal fyi
« on: May 07, 2019, 08:38:20 AM »
As I work through various jobs on the bikes, replacing the fork seals on my CalVin with some SKF seals is on the to do list. When I do that job I like to install fork gaiters or boots as they're called, so I don't have to do it again, hopefully,lol.

From the information on this forum, the Triumph fork boots are supposed to be a good fit, 60mm on the bottom 41mm or 43mm on the top, just have to be stretched a little.

If you were thinking about doing this job or wanted to line the parts up to do it in the future, now is a good time, I just ordered my set.

For whatever reason, Triumph has lowered the price on their gaiters from $80 to $20, not sure if that's a temporary sale price or they are intending to discount and clear out old stock, but for good quality boots that are supposed to fit well,,, that is a screaming bargain and cheap insurance for any new seals. fwiw ymmv

https://shop.triumph-motorcycles.ca/performance/id-A9638018/fork_gaiters

Kelly
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Online Don G

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Triumph Fork Boots screaming deal fyi
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 08:45:59 AM »
Is that in Canadian $ ? If so, they are damn near free for the people with US$ ! Smoking deal for sure. :thumb: DonG

Offline BrotherJim

• Gosling
Re: Triumph Fork Boots screaming deal fyi
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 12:16:36 PM »
I like the look of fork gaiters.  I'm using "Bonneville" gaiters on my CalStone and I think I paid around $25 US shipped.  They fit nicely and work well.  Conversely, I paid maybe $85 US for the set I've got on my Triumph from Bella Corse.  Shop around, for sure!
Short Time Livin'...

'02 Moto Guzzi California Stone

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here