Author Topic: Need Help with Rearsets - search didnt help  (Read 945 times)

Offline Rusnak_322

• Gosling
Need Help with Rearsets - search didnt help
« on: March 31, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »
OK, I tried the search box but the posts that look most helpful of course have the links to the pictures broken so I can’t see what they are talking about.

My bike is a 1977 Convert with a 1975 850T motor.

Not sure what frame rails I have. I can’t seem to find a rearset package for a bike with a drum rear brake. Looking for less expensive – sub $300 and hopefully less than that. Looking for something to move my feet back and up to get my knees off the heads and something that looks better than the mess I have now. Also want to get this sorted so I can figure out a new exhaust. I prefer fixed vs folding pegs.

1975 Moto Guzzi 850T - café racer in progress
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline Rusnak_322

• Gosling
Re: Need Help with Rearsets - search didnt help
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 04:58:52 PM »
Looking for something more plug and play. If you look at my rear sets, the shifter doesn't look anything like the generic rear set. The shifter shaft is separate. The fast from the past  have a part that will allow them to work for the shifter but not for the brake. Is you look at the brake on mine, it is directly attached to a shaft that activiates the brake. The generic set is set up to use a linkage and I can't picture how to make that work.
1975 Moto Guzzi 850T - café racer in progress
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here