Author Topic: Planted  (Read 1018 times)

Offline webmost

• Gosling
  • Safety Third
    • The Sotweed Factor
Planted
« on: January 23, 2017, 07:28:25 PM »
Time to give the old Jackal Goldenbitch the kudos she deserves. She sure stays planted. Even on a day like this.

When I headed to the office this morning, it was all sideways drizzle and puff, mid thirties temp, thirty mph sustained wind & gusting up from there. Ordinarily I'd have taken my dirty weather bike, Biffy Bullfrog, the KLR. But I reflected on the solid planted-to-the-pavement feeling GB the Jackal gives me, and the wide stance she has when parked on that way oversized kickstand, and her weight most of all. Biffy, I'd have skittered sideways and jerked her back in her place. She's tall and light. GB, she's like riding that big wet rock in the center of the rapids right below the falls, where everything roils by deafening, but you're on the solid. Heavy and low.

On the way back, driving horizontal downpour. She rode not quite on rails, but close enough. They say the wind was gusting to fifty today; but then, you know, they like to say a lot of things, don't they. News ain't news if they don't make it sound scary. Regardless what it was, it was huffing. Chase the trash can weather. Still roaring out there.

Good rain bike. Good wind bike. Kudos.

:bike-037:
Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Offline Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Planted
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 09:35:49 PM »
WOW, your braver than me to go to work on the bike. It was raining when I was about to leave for work today. I took the truck instead. Hate to be soaked when I get to work, don't mind it so much on the ride home.

Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline webmost

• Gosling
  • Safety Third
    • The Sotweed Factor
Re: Planted
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 12:17:28 PM »
WOW, your braver than me to go to work on the bike. It was raining when I was about to leave for work today. I took the truck instead. Hate to be soaked when I get to work, don't mind it so much on the ride home.

Tom

Rain is an event in SoCal. Just another day in Dull-Aware.
That's why it's green here and bleak there.
Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here