Author Topic: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....  (Read 3688 times)

Offline roadscum

• Gaggle Mentor
Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
« on: June 04, 2017, 02:15:52 PM »
....  and ride back home to Florida on a new V7, what dealer would you recommend? Also what would be the closest major airport I could fly into. Anywhere between Virginia and Maine could  work.  :popcorn:

Paul
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing " - Socrates

Paul M. in SW Florida: 318 miles, 11 curves and not a Guzzi dealer in sight!

Offline spmoto

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 04:06:04 PM »
I highly recommend Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry, New Hampshire. Fly into Manchester, NH. They might even pick you up at the airport.
I've purchased a couple of bikes there and they treated me very well. Be sure to ride some of the roads through the White Mountains while you're up there.
Steve

Online lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 04:57:21 PM »
I would second the Seacoast Sport Cycle vote,,top notch bunch and always a great selection of  guzzi's on hand. Good luck on your mission.

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 05:35:59 PM »

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 08:49:51 PM »
Hamlin in Danbury, CT
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

elvisboy77

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 08:55:07 PM »
I second the vote for Moto Richmond. I have purchased three bikes from them, all very good transactions. They are great folks, and are pretty darn close to some great riding roads.

Lcarlson

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 06:55:40 AM »
I know.  I was just there (again) last week and then Jim and I took off for a few days in VT.
He'd find it if he needed to but the link helps.  I was just lazy!
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline roadscum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 10:18:06 AM »
Thanks  for you input guys, looks like Hamlin would be a good choice. I could  fly into Newark. rent a car, go N. on  the NY thruway to RT 84 to Danbury then Hamlin's.  Before Moving to Florida 14 years ago I live in the Hudson Valley(Rhinebeck/Woodstock area) and spent many Sunday mornings at Marcus Dairy. Is the dairy still there?

I'll be with my girl friend, a new rider with only a few thousand miles behind bars, and hope we can find another bike for here in the Danbury area. For this trip I hope to get as far north as Stowe Vt. then turn south and wander to the Rhinebeck area for a few days. She'll  enjoy the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway, then a brief visit with friends in  Sylva NC, visit Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, then to Suches  Ga. before returning home to SW Fl.

Paul

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 10:24:52 AM »
A couple of the guys here in NJ rave about Hamlins. It's a good choice.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 10:36:10 AM »
Paul, I was in the Richmond (VA) store last week.  They seemed to have one of every style/color of V7 III, maybe some V7 IIs too.  It's a reasonable cab ride from the Richmond airport to downtown.  Oh, don't miss the brew-pub one block from the Guzzi shop.  Although Richmond is right on I95 there are some wonderful options that keep you off the slab while still heading south.  Go a bit west and hop on the BRP to Asheville, then wander over to North Georgia...now, that would be a fun trip.

Oh, plan to use some kind of seat cushion (Airhawk?) for your trip.  I could only last about 100 miles on the stock seat.

Peter Y.
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Offline Tony/CT

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 10:40:20 AM »
Marcus Dairy is gone, but a few riders sill gather at the location at Panera's!

Offline roadscum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 09:45:13 AM »
Paul, I was in the Richmond (VA) store last week.  They seemed to have one of every style/color of V7 III, maybe some V7 IIs too.  It's a reasonable cab ride from the Richmond airport to downtown.  Oh, don't miss the brew-pub one block from the Guzzi shop.  Although Richmond is right on I95 there are some wonderful options that keep you off the slab while still heading south.  Go a bit west and hop on the BRP to Asheville, then wander over to North Georgia...now, that would be a fun trip.

Oh, plan to use some kind of seat cushion (Airhawk?) for your trip.  I could only last about 100 miles on the stock seat.

Peter Y.

Thanks Peter. Richmond might be a good option for the 1st service and a brew on my way south.  :boozing:

Paul

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 10:06:20 AM »
Thanks  for you input guys, looks like Hamlin would be a good choice. I could  fly into Newark. rent a car, go N. on  the NY thruway to RT 84 to Danbury then Hamlin's.  Before Moving to Florida 14 years ago I live in the Hudson Valley(Rhinebeck/Woodstock area) and spent many Sunday mornings at Marcus Dairy. Is the dairy still there?

I'll be with my girl friend, a new rider with only a few thousand miles behind bars, and hope we can find another bike for here in the Danbury area. For this trip I hope to get as far north as Stowe Vt. then turn south and wander to the Rhinebeck area for a few days. She'll  enjoy the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway, then a brief visit with friends in  Sylva NC, visit Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, then to Suches  Ga. before returning home to SW Fl.

Great trip..  :thumb:

Paul
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Ride to Eat, Eat To Ride
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 01:41:14 PM »
Cadre Cycle Moto Guzzi of Cincinnati  Guzzi Enthusiast as well, Greater Cincinnati Airport.
https://cadrecycle.com/
Cyclehoarders Garage
2021 Honda CT125 Trail Cub
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring 1400
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Speical
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1987 Suzuki Samurai (4 Wheels)
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Offline gerryp

• Gosling
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 02:21:23 PM »
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Offline nyITguy

• New Egg
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »

Three other closer, or at least easier, airports to consider would be Stewart (Newburgh), Westchester, or Hartford. Heck, even Danbury has a little airport, but you'd either need to rent a plane or know someone who could taxi you, which would be pretty sweet.

Greg

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »

Paul

I was born / raised / grew up in the Hudson Valley (Poughkeepsie / Red Hook / Rhinebeck).  Marcus Dairy was a very cool destination to ride on any given Sunday...but that has been gone now for many years.  Last time I was there on a motorcycle was 1982....

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:55:42 PM by JJ »
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 06:41:04 PM »

I'll be with my girl friend, a new rider with only a few thousand miles behind bars, and hope we can find another bike for here in the Danbury area.

http://www.wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=90600.0

Boom!

Ok it's about an hour away but still...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:42:28 PM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline gerryp

• Gosling
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 07:24:48 PM »

Paul

Paul,

If you decide to contact Jim just mention that you're familiar with KingOfFleece (Jim Moribito) and GerryP from the WildGuzzi forum.  Both of our V7's and Jim's Norge came from his shop.

Jim will be at Americade later this week.  One staff member is there now and will be manning the Guzzi booth.

Let me know if you plan to stop by the shop and if I'm free I'll try and stop by and say hello.

Regards,

Gerry

www.hamlincycles.co m

also on facebook

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:27:59 PM by gerryp »
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here