Author Topic: ? Brake pads for 1400  (Read 849 times)

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
? Brake pads for 1400
« on: June 05, 2019, 09:08:12 PM »
Ordered some replacement pads for my 1400 custom from a local Non guzzi shop.  They got organic ones even though I told them it had stainless rotors. I'm pretty sure the oem's are sintered  .  I like the thought of less rotor wear but how long can I expect these to go on such a heavy rig?   No return policy on special orders so I think I'll run them, or should I not?  TIA,  dave

Offline JohninVT

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: ? Brake pads for 1400
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 04:56:15 AM »
How do you ride?  That should really be the deciding factor.  If you just tool around and “cruise” organic pads would be a good choice.  Organic pads are softer and will give a lot longer rotor life but if it were me I’d be very careful about glazing them.  If you were riding hard, heated up the pads and rotors and 5hen pulled up to a long stop sign or light with the front brake clamped you could glaze them AND put a spot on your rotor that would make it feel like it’s warped.  People do that all the time and then complain that their rotors are warped when they’ve actually not.  Matching pad compounds to rotors and riding styles is almost always overlooked by riders. 

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Re: ? Brake pads for 1400
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 06:10:39 AM »
Thank's John,  I am mostly trying to get the bike set for a long trip coming up.  Hoping to get 5-6 thousand miles in and wondering if I can get that sort of mileage out of the organic pads.  I don't ride the bike hard but I do know that the rear brake can wear pads down pretty quickly  ,I may just order a sintered or semi sintered set and save the organic ones for another time. I appreciate your response. :thumb:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here