Author Topic: "Ditch the GPS. It's ruining your brain."  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
Re: "Ditch the GPS. It's ruining your brain."
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2019, 03:44:20 PM »
I used to navigate by Thomas Guide around town.  It’s a book of maps with pages, grids, and an index.  Look up the street name, it gives you a page and grid.  LA county is about 200 pages of maps.

I trained all kids and employees on how to use it.  Put the page and grid on all my maps.

It’s dead now.  To buy Thomas guides for 5 or 6 counties probably cost more than a simple GPS. 

GPS is great for around town on a bike.

Offline wirespokes

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2019, 07:02:00 PM »
I lived temporarily in Los Angeles during the early 80s and did moving and hauling part time. Never could have done it without the Thomas Guide. That was how you did it back then.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »
The riders says his Navi has no power and his cell phone is also empty. He's lost!!  Moo.

Well, quite, but I think that the point of the cartoon is that he is sitting right under 4 road signs that point in every direction, and yet he's STILL lost because he's forgotten what signs do ..... !

Someday we'll be chimps flying airplanes and will have forgotten how they're made ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here