Author Topic: No-Mar Tire Changer 4 sale owners/users Questions  (Read 6414 times)

Offline antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: No-Mar Tire Changer 4 sale owners/users Questions
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2020, 07:02:29 PM »
I didn't watch the videos due to bandwidth issues, but I've read of lots of people using velcro straps or light tie downs through the wheels to frame to anchor the wheels securely.

A mcgyver like that would be a bit of a pita, but for a couple of tire changes a year, it might be a solution, fwiw.

Tks

Kelly
No straps needed. There is a pin sticking up covered in plastic that the spoke will contact to prevent the wheel turning in all the vids.
It looks easy to me, more so than a no-mar.

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
Re: No-Mar Tire Changer 4 sale owners/users Questions
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2020, 05:00:07 AM »
No straps needed. There is a pin sticking up covered in plastic that the spoke will contact to prevent the wheel turning in all the vids.
It looks easy to me, more so than a no-mar.

Adjusting the wheel holds are a bit of fiddley the 1st time or 2 until you look at the side rail and it gives you the wheel range (2 inch increments) so if you are working on a 17 inch wheel you set the blocks on the 16 to 18 wheel range size then rotate the 2 fixed cam blocks to the 3rd most open position. Try the wheel and you might have to adjust one cam block a 1/4 turn to compensate for variance in wheel size. The 17" bead is standard the outer lip of the wheel held by the cam blocks held can and will vary in diameter.

I've changed some wheels there the tire have been on the wheel for decades and was basically fused to the wheel. Not only do these tire have very little flex they actually leave rubber stuck to the wheel. They take a lot more force than working with newer tires.  I'm not sure I'd want to trust a spoke resting against a plastic coated pin to keep the wheel from spinning. If you go this route I would encourage you to also fashion a coulple of straps to wrap around he wheel and frame of the changer to help hold the wheel from spinning and not risk bending spokes. 

2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here