Author Topic: Where's Lannis?  (Read 2911 times)

Offline berniebee

• 2020 Board Donor
  • Gaggle Mentor
Where's Lannis?
« on: April 19, 2021, 07:24:25 PM »
It occurs to me that I haven't seen a post by Lannis in months. I just checked- he's not on the member list. I know he was a long time member.
Did he sell his Guzzi?

Anyone keep in touch with him?

Online grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Where's Lannis?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 07:35:22 PM »
This was all covered a week or so ago...the thread ultimately got deleted after the admins said their part.  Needless to say, he is gone...
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 07:47:09 PM »
It occurs to me that I haven't seen a post by Lannis in months. I just checked- he's not on the member list. I know he was a long time member.
Did he sell his Guzzi?

Anyone keep in touch with him?
He is no longer on this forum. Spoke to him a few weeks ago and he is doing well.
Nick

Online frozengoose

• To eaches his onus...
  • Gosling
    • smiles from nowhere
  • Location: Just a little ways past Fairbanks, Alaska on the locally world famous Chena Hot Springs Road
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 08:45:26 PM »
Maybe he just got tired of all the popups, they sure are annoying!
Big Jon

Two old Guzzi's (V65 & T), 250E CZ, and 6 happy huskies.

Well, I've got a baby, she's a bad motorcycle
Brrooom-pa-pa-pa, pa-pa-pa-pa-paw
When we ride together, all through the night
She's got a real wild machine and it's out of sight
She goes brrooom-pa-pa-pa, paw-paw, motorcycle
Jerry Zee

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 08:45:26 PM »

Online twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 08:51:02 PM »
If anyone truly wants to reach out to him, send me a PM and I will provide his email address. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline berniebee

• 2020 Board Donor
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 08:27:47 AM »

I'm here fairly regularly, but I missed last weeks thread regarding Lannis.  Strange that it came to the point where it had to be deleted, though.

I met Lannis last year- he seems like a very decent man. His posts on W.G. were often interesting and humorous. Glad it's not an end of life story. I'll dig up his contact info and find out why a guy who has been on this forum for many years had to leave.

Thanks all.

oldbike54

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 08:39:04 AM »
I'm here fairly regularly, but I missed last weeks thread regarding Lannis.  Strange that it came to the point where it had to be deleted, though.

I met Lannis last year- he seems like a very decent man. His posts on W.G. were often interesting and humorous. Glad it's not an end of life story. I'll dig up his contact info and find out why a guy who has been on this forum for many years had to leave.

Thanks all.

What you do in private is your business , but the story ends here , are we clear on this ?

Dusty

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 10:36:32 AM »
He was down a good bit of weight when I saw him last June.  Hope he's kept up the good work.
George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 10:51:11 AM »
He was down a good bit of weight when I saw him last June.  Hope he's kept up the good work.

He was looking quite slim at the VA Rally, even more so than usual
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 03:14:32 PM »

ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline LaMojo

• New Egg
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 06:12:36 PM »
What you do in private is your business , but the story ends here , are we clear on this ?

Dusty
Damn Dusty. Maybe you need to take a break and chill out. Nothing wrong in a follow up on a long time member.

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 06:15:30 PM »
The guy was band from this site.  Absolutely no reason anyone should be giving Dusty any crap.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 07:04:16 PM »
somewhere

John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 07:22:25 PM »
 :thewife: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :evil:
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Online Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 07:28:15 PM »
Is this the right thread to ask why we don’t have a bear-poking emoji, or should that be its own topic?
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 07:53:44 PM »
Damn Dusty. Maybe you need to take a break and chill out. Nothing wrong in a follow up on a long time member.
He’s a moderator and he’s TRYING to be moderate.
How many freaking times does one group have to be told the same ******* thing ?
He’s asked us to shut the     up, can’t we just shut up without saying we’ll shut up ?
Lannis has gone to heaven with Beetle, Roper and I nearly ended up there with them, but I respect his command judgement as we all should.
He does not HAVE to explain why he makes decisions in Luap’s sandpit.
He does a superb job with a difficult pack of idiots, why make it harder for the guy ?
JUST STOP...!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:04:51 PM by oldbike54 »

oldbike54

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 08:28:21 PM »
 Alright fellas , while I am extremely reticent to air dirty laundry on the open forum , before this all gets out of hand again let me clear this up .

The person in question always had a personal problem with me , he worked to undermine me from the very beginning , even before Luap asked me to be a mod . I didn't ask for the job , in fact it took several months after Rocker suggested the idea before I was convinced to do this . Have I made mistakes , well of course , have I worked really hard to do the job in a fair way , well yes . So basically the person in question challenged me at every turn , complained to the boss , made false allegations , and seemed to take great joy in making the job as difficult as possible . He twisted my words , deliberately working to discredit me . After 7 years and repeatedly attempting to work this out , he stepped over a hard line . Then he challenged us to ban him , literally , for real , not the first time . Guess what , he got his wish .

Now , some of you are thinking I wield the ban hammer carelessly , which of course is not true . This is the first permaban I have ever issued , there isn't anyone else on any list , even a few of you who think it is entertaining to poke the bear as it were . That comes with the job , I deal with it , having rhino hide is a must for doing this job . if at times I am blunt , well , that is who I am , this post is probably about as long as any you'll ever see from this account .

To tie this up , what's done is done , do I wish it had worked out differently , yes , some of you know how hard I work to keep board members from leaving , in fact at times I have stood in the gap between the other people who help run this place and a member who might have slipped .

So I am asking nicely , let this go .

Dusty

Online coast range rider

• Hatchling
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 08:52:10 PM »
The guy was band from this site.  Absolutely no reason anyone should be giving Dusty any crap.

If a moderator bans someone, it is for the good of the rest of the forum and the moderator by definition has done his job. There is no thread with a trial discussing the infraction. This is the best method.

The weirdness is when a moderator states the topic is secret and not to be discussed when the question comes up after a related thread is deleted. I wish Dusty would have simply stated Lannis was banned and closed the thread to further comment. In absence of that, I say, thanks @bad Chad, you have satisfied my curiosity.

Edit:
I just now read your post right before mine. You have now gone above and beyond with the description. Very gracious of you. We all know a secret just provokes our curiosity. I thank you Dusty for your work.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:58:05 PM by coast range rider »
2017 Stelvio
2002 V11 LeMans

oldbike54

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 08:56:15 PM »

If a moderator bans someone, it is for the good of the rest of the forum and the moderator by definition has done his job. There is no thread with a trial discussing the infraction. This is the best method.

The weirdness is when a moderator states the topic is secret and not to be discussed when the question comes up after a related thread is deleted. I wish Dusty would have simply stated Lannis was banned and closed the thread to further comment. In absence of that, I say, thanks @bad Chad, you have satisfied my curiosity.

It had been stated twice in previous threads . At some point it just gets sort of tiring . That's why this thread is still running , hoping enough members read it to settle the issue .

We did not do this lightly , we followed our protocol , then took a vote .

Dusty

Online AJ Huff

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 09:05:55 PM »
These whiny "why did you..." threads are the worst, worse than frickin' oil threads.

The mods did good. You done good Dusty.  :thumb:

-AJ
'71 Ambassador
'01 California Special
'05 Road King
MGNOC# L-753

Offline Canuck750

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 09:14:49 PM »
You have incredible patience Dusty and have repeatedly demonstrated that virtue in your calm response to the current inquiry of a  member who has been banned.
I (certainly one of many) am thankful for your moderator efforts keeping this forum civil and light, it is often a refuge from a world that has become so uncivil and dark.
This is a motorcycle forum after all, the rules of participation are so basic and reasonable it should not be so difficult to respect them.
Sorry for your grief, you don’t need the B.S. but I am thankful you have your finger on the pause button

48 Guzzi Airone, 57 Guzzi Cardellino, 65 Benelli 200 sprite, 66 Aermacchi Sprint, 68 Gilera 106 SS, 72 Eldorado, 72 Benelli 180, 74 Guzzi 750S, 73 Laverda SF1, 74  Benelli 650S, 75 Ducati 860GT, 75 Moto Morini 3-1/2, 78 Moto Morinii 500

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 09:42:57 PM »
Hey, you guys taka da chill pill  :thumb:

Have a little fun CAPEECH??
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 11:11:59 PM »

He was sent to Banned Camp.  A place he worked hard at getting sent to.  He even asked for a one-way ticket, which he was gladly gifted by the moderator team.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline LaMojo

• New Egg
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 11:33:48 PM »

No crap but as a long time member of almost 20 years, I’ve seen a lot of members come and go. I’ve see this site change from “keep comments MG related” to anything goes. Not good in my opinion but..for anyone to give me crap because I was interested in what happened to a fellow member is absolutely childish.

Yes, it appears that Dusty is stressed out and needs a break. What happened to the other moderators that can fill in? Have they all quit?

Offline Chet Rugg

• Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Chet & Rusty ( 99 Bassa )
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 12:35:12 AM »
still here
Chet Rugg
99 Bassa
01 Cali Special

100,000 miles

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 04:57:16 AM »
He was sent to Banned Camp.  A place he worked hard at getting sent to.  He even asked for a one-way ticket, which he was gladly gifted by the moderator team.

Amen.  As I often say on another forum, "Cosmic Justice!"

We all tend to reap what we so.  Always easier to regulate and change oneself rather than the rest of the planet.  Some people just like to take on the greater challenge.

Kudos to Dusty, and the rest of the behind the curtain WG site members for the work that they do!  One of the best sites I have found on the internet.  Like a big virtual campfire.
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2021, 04:59:17 AM »
Dusty,

I don't want to speculate.... but..... why don't you just come out and say it?

The "Individual of interest" was abducted by aliens!  Wasn't he?   :laugh:

Or maybe Bigfoot?   :wink:

Another reason why we shouldn't poke the bear....  too much....

When Dusty says "Hey! I got a guy down here that needs a good probing!"  The Greys listen!!!!

We have been warned!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 05:03:46 AM by SIR REAL ED »
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Offline Frenchfrog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2021, 05:42:01 AM »
Dusty, you and the other mods have my full respect.Thanks for you thankless tasking  :grin:.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2021, 05:50:32 AM »
I don’t think Dusty’s interests are being served by all and sundry congratulating him for doing something he probably didn’t want to have to do..
He doesn’t need anyone’s support, if he wasn’t sure about his intended action, he would not have done it.
The best thing that we can do for him (Dusty), is to SHUT UP ABOUT IT...!
Nothing good is served by holding his metaphorical arm up as the winner of some imagined bout, although he knew it had to be done, I’m sure he went to bed and ruminated on it somewhat..
There are no winners when someone is banned...None...

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2021, 05:55:25 AM »
These whiny "why did you..." threads are the worst, worse than frickin' oil threads.

The mods did good. You done good Dusty.  :thumb:

-AJ

Agreed

Its the same as when people bitch about the GuzziTech site

If you don't like it
a) push off
b) get banned for contradicting the rules
c) start your on site where you can do what you like

Just don't moan about it

Keep up the good work Dusty

2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here