Author Topic: health and cycles  (Read 331 times)

Offline rbond

• Hatchling
health and cycles
« on: June 24, 2021, 04:03:10 PM »
I am having problems with neuropathy that has affected my left foot the most. Arch has collapsed and front of foot (toes too) have twisted severely to the left. In order to still be able to shift, I slapped an extension to the foot shift lever and a heel extension too. This largely works ok, sometimes not.

These are both temporary untill I can come up with something a little better looking and functioning. I also had the factory seat redone to level it and thicken it a little. So far that is a big improvement over stock. After 30 minutes, the stock seat felt like an upholstered board. What I did have on it was not pretty at all, but the new seat looks and feels so much better all for $105.00. If anyone has other options for shifting, I am all ears.....
2012 MG V7C
1976 Suzuki GT500A
1978 Suzuki GS400C (long gone)
1973 Suzuki TS 100K (first new bike)
1969 Honda S90 (very first bike)

Offline moto

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Potrebbe andare peggio, potrebbe piovere!
Re: health and cycles
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 07:43:19 PM »
I applaud your tenacity, and your ingenuity in cobbling up a toe/heel shifter.

I doubt any existing toe/heel lever from another bike is going to do the trick. (What other bike? I was thinking a T3....)

I'd say think through your needs/desires for a shifter as carefully as you can and then go see a welder, preferably one who has experience with bikes. (Maybe a Harley custom shop could point you to one.) Take a sketch, drawn full size, and ask for his input. Work with the welder to get what you want, and then pay as much as is needed. This will pretty clearly be a big part of your happiness going forward, so I think paying up for the best you can get is a good investment now.

Good luck.

Moto
850 T-3
Griso 1100 corretto
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350
Italjet Buccaneer 250 (ex-SSR) -- now sold
credit for 2500+ postings lost in the database meltdown of Feb 9, 2020

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here