Author Topic: Footboards or pegs?  (Read 10978 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Footboards or pegs?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 08:04:07 PM »
Somehow I can't picture a set of floorboards on my Daytona RS.   :-* :-* :-* :-*
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

ELIMINATOR

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 04:28:48 PM »
Footboards are comfortable, but the heel toe gear change is not good, shame mine isn't in two parts, I could do with lowering the toe part further. I've got used to the foot brake on my Cali' 3, still occasionally forget that the front brake lever only operates one disc :o

Offline Guzzidad

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »
  I love the boards on my 01 EV and I just installed a passenger set of boards for the girlfriend. We went for a little 80 mile ride today and she said she likes them way better than the original pegs. I'ld like to try to install a set of boards on my 04 Triumph Tiger for long distance rides. Something I could quickly change back and forth.

doc995

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2015, 12:42:14 PM »
Hey Everyone.  I've had my 2003 Cali Stone Touring for about a year.  I'm looking to change to floorboards as I've had them on multiple other bikes and love them.  Can anyone tell me is there a straight conversion to Kuryakyn boards and converter mounts that just bolt right on to this bike?  I"ve seen several that look like they just go on the mount already present .. then adjust to taste.  Does anyone know.  I wrote Kuryakyn and they said they don't make a conversion specifically for MG's and didn't know if they would fit or not.

Also .. Find the bike sits a bit low for me and want to stretch out a little more (5'11" , 200#, 32 inseam).  Can anyone recommended a good place to have my stock seat redone abut 2-3 inches higher and wider .. or has anyone changed a Stone Touring seat out for a higher, wider single or double saddle (Sargent, etc???)

And finally (whew ..!) .. also looking for more cover from the elements.  Has anyone tried adding a Memphis Shades Batwing or National Cycle Custom Heavy Duty and if so .. which mounting kit?

I appreciate any help or rec.

Matt from Seattle
'03 Cali Stone Touring
'08 R1200RT
'75R75/5 (got hit/totaled)
'80 R80/7 (sold) (after I put 187K on it)
'81 R100RS (sold)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2015, 12:42:14 PM »

Offline MadPainter

• New Egg
  • Ride Safe!!! and offten
    • MO-KAN GUZZI CLUB
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »
Hi! I Have a 1999 Bassa with the wide board setup... I like being able to move my feet around a little on lone rides. You will be surprised how much good it does to move your foot a couple inches after riding awhile,

They do not hinder me in corners...  she will lay over a long ways before you scrape...lol...

If you are coming to the Mo-Kan Guzzi rally look me up ill let you take her for a spin.

THE RALLY INFO - Sept. 18, 19 & 20th. Pony Express Campground, Maysville, MO
Live music Friday & Saturday night (Classic Rock) Camping, Dancing, Food & Drinks included. Family friendly. $50 per person for the weekend. Kids 15 and under $5

Hope to see a few of you guys there. Be safe!!!

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2015, 08:58:41 PM »
Can't ride a footboard bike, myself.   Too hard on the back.   I had one here at the house to ride this past year, and couldn't do more than 50 or 100 miles at a time on it.

Older I get, the more I need to have my feet right under my body centerline, and the bars a little forward ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2015, 07:29:21 PM »
Hey Everyone.  I've had my 2003 Cali Stone Touring for about a year.  I'm looking to change to floorboards as I've had them on multiple other bikes and love them.  Can anyone tell me is there a straight conversion to Kuryakyn boards and converter mounts that just bolt right on to this bike?  I"ve seen several that look like they just go on the mount already present .. then adjust to taste.  Does anyone know.  I wrote Kuryakyn and they said they don't make a conversion specifically for MG's and didn't know if they would fit or not.
Not Kuryakyn but definitely bolt on
http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=1087
Also .. Find the bike sits a bit low for me and want to stretch out a little more (5'11" , 200#, 32 inseam).  Can anyone recommended a good place to have my stock seat redone abut 2-3 inches higher and wider .. or has anyone changed a Stone Touring seat out for a higher, wider single or double saddle (Sargent,
My jackal came with both its stock seat and a custom Maund seat. Like you I'm a leggy 6' with a 34 inseam. Love the look of the stock seat and wanted it to work, but the Maund is two inches higher and renders the original a wall hanging. There are other seat builders too, but I strongly affirm replace stock in increase the height.

I have floorboards too (that's actually my bike on the MG cycle page) but lost 'Em in favor of highway pegs. I rarely touch the normal pegs, only on the left when shifting. I like a clean bike.

Stock seat

Maund custom

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:33:47 PM by kidsmoke »
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Offline JoeW

• Gaggle Hero
    • The Guzzi Doctor
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2015, 09:30:28 PM »
Can't ride a footboard bike, myself.   Too hard on the back.   I had one here at the house to ride this past year, and couldn't do more than 50 or 100 miles at a time on it.

Older I get, the more I need to have my feet right under my body centerline, and the bars a little forward ....

Lannis
It's funny how we age differently, I'm liking floor boards now better than pegs. I like being able to stretch out my legs, my knees are what bothers me the most now. I put a set of DB boards on Heckle and Jeckle plus a heel toe shifter, I can ride all day!
Joe Walano

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2015, 02:32:54 PM »
I like boards but I'm shorter than most of you.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here