Author Topic: NGC "Let's get Lost" NETFLIX  (Read 2645 times)

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
NGC "Let's get Lost" NETFLIX
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:38:40 PM »
I'm sure Dusty knows the story but I want to recommend a film to anyone else who likes music. Let's Get Lost is the story of Chet Baker (Stillwater OK). it's black and white.. man the guy lived a life.. never did get a full count of his kids, I think 4 wives.. started with the likes of Charlie Parker and played with Coltrain. but also a creator of West Coast Cool .. some tasteful nude and explicit language too.
get this, he played trumpet, got teeth kicked out and came back to play again with dentures..
some Italian content, jailed for 16 mo in Lucca Italy for drugs.. note to self, never get arrested in Italy.

He said the happiest moment in his life was the day he got an Alpha Romero.. thought that was a bit odd.
you have to get on DVD, it's not available to stream at least from Netflix. I gave it a 4 out of 5.

oh, one more recommendation,
Horatio's Drive: America's First Road Trip
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

makarushka

Re: NGC "Let's get Lost" NETFLIX
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 03:47:48 PM »
 :+1 It's a fantastic film whether you like Chet or not. The soundtrack is also wonderful and has been reissued recently. If you buy the European limited (PAL) edition of the DVD, it also comes with a CD that has a couple tunes from Let's Get Lost session not released elsewhere: "C'est si bon" and "Make Me Rainbows", both are lovely...

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here